Game Mechanics Vampirism & Lycanthropy Infections

godagarah5000

Terrarian
Able to be infected from vampires and werewolves and after a certain amount of time has passed your character will turn into the one/ones that u were infected with fully. So vampires gain a 24 point defense bonus, a 60% resist to knockback, and will have a 100% chance for a bleeding debuff applied to all their melee attacks for 5 - 7 seconds and can take on the form of a bat and their stats will change to a 32 point defense bonus and a 25% knockback resist but their melee attacks will remain the same being a 100% chance for bleeding debuff being applied to all their melee attacks for 5 - 7 seconds and for both forms a weakness to silver and will be stronger at night or at any time in the mushroom biome and will be stronger during a new moon, solar eclipse, or blood moon with more health and mana and have health regeneration and only during a solar eclipse and blood moon can they turn npcs and players any time in the mushroom biome or at night but during the day they start burning unless in the shade. Also werewolves have a weakness to silver and a 38 point defense bonus, a 60% knockback resist, 12.5% chance to apply a bleeding debuff to all melee attacks for 45 seconds, and gain the ability to change form to that of a werewolf during the day and are stronger during a full moon, blood moon and solar eclipse or any time in a mushroom biome but only during a full moon and blood moon they are forced into their transformed state and have a chance to lose control while in their forced transformed state and can turn players and npcs any time in the mushroom biome or at night. Also you can become a hybrid which changes your werewolf form/bat form to werebat with deluded stat buffs of both that of a vampire and that of a werewolf accordingly by 50% and aren't forced into werebat form at during full moons or blood moons and dont burn in sunlight and have an increased weakness to silver by double. Also adding corrupted, crimsoned, hollowed, demonic, and various other biome species too and can only be infected by one werewolf type and one vampire type at a time. Also maybe a new events that will only trigger if you become a creature of the night that spawns loads of enemies with silver weapons. Also make it so if an npc or player is a creature of the night other creatures of the night(enemies that are spawned during the night, full moons, blood moons, and solar eclipses) wont hurt them. Finally can be cured via a ritual to purge your blood of the infections/curses/gifts depending on how you look at it.
Edit: also changes editions and removals to my post via user input is very welcome so feel free to let me know all your thoughts

Last edited:
Seems like an interesting idea...
Although I do agree with Worfer with the fact that it might need a bit more elaboration.

upload_2019-3-2_22-33-51.png

There should also be a reason to not have it otherwise it would only be good. Also the moon charm does change the player into a werewolf already.

There should also be a reason to not have it otherwise it would only be good. Also the moon charm does change the player into a werewolf already.

I mean.... That's an optional thing... THIS, however, is more or less forced upon the character.

I mean.... That's an optional thing... THIS, however, is more or less forced upon the character.
Yes, but what I mean is that because it is forced upon the player, it shouldn't provide a good effect without being balanced by a bad one.

yes hence the weaknesses i posted id also appreciate anyone posting what weaknesses and strengths could be a thing also changed the post to add a major weakness to being a hybrid maybe have a new event that will trigger if youre a vampire, werewolf, or a hybrid

hmm... maybe make it so the dryad will be the person who does the cures and the skeleton merchant provides a convenient way to buy bottles of the different infections to drink or throw

Back
Top Bottom