tModLoader Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods

I have no idea how to do this tbh :p ^^''
[doublepost=1470574601,1470574567][/doublepost]Reporting to the op that is, because I don't know who are the OP on this forum.
Oh I'm sorry, you may have misunderstood me.
The OP is the Original Post, so your opening post. As you can see, there's a blue 'Report' text on the left bottom of that post. Just click that and input the earlier mentioned text and your flair should get changed by one of the moderators.

Is there a way to configure what parts of the vanillatweaks mod to use? Another mod I use, TerraRE has tweaks to Obsidian armor for instance, and I'd like to use those changes instead while keeping the others.

Is there a way to configure what parts of the vanillatweaks mod to use? Another mod I use, TerraRE has tweaks to Obsidian armor for instance, and I'd like to use those changes instead while keeping the others.
I was planning to make a config .json file similar to Boss Expertise, but then I saw on the tModLoader page that they are planning to introduce Mod Options (which will allow players to change the options in-game).
Though now that I think about it, it'll probably take a while for them to add that to tModLoader, so I might as well make my own JSON config for now.

i wonder, but maybe having a 1-2 frame delay before a spear is auto-used again could maybe fix the problem of it flying off, is that possible to do?

OmniSwing v1.2 is up on the Mod Browser!
I tried to make a delay between spear uses, but in the end I just gave up and disabled auto-swing on all spears.
I'm also using some dirty hackery to check for modded spears. So, spears from other mods should behave correctly as well.

So... I took a little break from Terraria modding, but now I'm back with two new updates!

Firstly, Vanilla Tweaks updated to v2.0! It now has .json options file, similarly to Boss Expertise (@peace might like this). So now you can disable some features if you don't want to have them in your game.

Secondly, OmniSwing just got a small update. It's now more optimised, loads faster and should properly detect ALL modded spears now.

Also, I'm debating if I should merge OmniSwing into Vanilla Tweaks and just have it as an optional feature that's disabled by default.

Also, I'm debating if I should merge OmniSwing into Vanilla Tweaks and just have it as an optional feature that's disabled by default.

Please keep it as a standalone!

Another thing, could we modify what gets autoswing and what doesn't?

Example: useless weapons like shortswords get autoswing, while overpowered weapons do not.

Please keep it as a standalone!
Okay.
Another thing, could we modify what gets autoswing and what doesn't?

Example: useless weapons like shortswords get autoswing, while overpowered weapons do not.
You mean, modify it per item? Or per "type" (e.g. shortswords, magic weapons etc.)?
Modifying it per item would be a bit tricky, but just for fun I could try doing something like that. I could add an /autoswing command that disables/enables autoswing on the item you're currently holding in your hand (and saves your preferences somewhere in a config file). Will that be worth it, though?

I tried messing with the config but regardless, the Demon Heart doesn't work on normal mode.
Are you sure? It's working for me.
yY91XFB.png

(sneaky sneek peek)
My config file looks like this:
Code:
{
  "DropTreasureBagsInNormal": true,
  "DemonHeartWorksInNormal": true,
  "ChangeBossAI": true,
  "AddCheatSheetButton": true,
  "AddExpertCommand": true,
  "Fun": false
}
You might've missed a comma or something.

EDIT: nevermind guys I'm dumb.:)

You still need to be in Expert Mode to actually use the Demon Heart. It's just that once you go back, the sixth accessory slot won't disappear.
I'll have to go fix that. That's definitely an oversight.

In the meantime, you can use the /expert command to temporarily switch your world to Expert Mode and back.

Last edited:
Just released Boss Expertise v2.4 to the Mod Browser! You can now properly use the Demon Heart in Normal Mode.

Note: if you're in Normal Mode, you have to Right Click on the Demon Heart in your inventory for it to work!

I could fix that by adding a copy of the Demon Heart to the game, but that might break compatibility with other mods (e.g. if they ever decide to use it in a recipe).

The Eater of Worlds and Brain of Cthulhu still don't have their expert abilities.

Also Skeletron activates his skull shooting phase after only destroying one hand instead of both for some reason.

The Eater of Worlds and Brain of Cthulhu still don't have their expert abilities.

Also Skeletron activates his skull shooting phase after only destroying one hand instead of both for some reason.
the skeletron thing is vanilla, so i dont exactly understand how you never noticed it beforehand.

No, in vanilla expert, skeletron's skull shooting phase does not happen until both hands are destroyed, not one.
um,no... it does, after one hand is down, it slowly fires skulls, once both hands are down it shoots them faster...

to quote the terraria wiki:

Skeletron has additional attack phases available in Expert mode:

• Skeletron's Head is near invincible, but after losing both of his hands his head becomes vulnerable. Once any of its arms are destroyed, the head will begin to shoot homing skulls resembling Cursed Skulls at the player, increasing in frequency as his health gets closer to 0.
  • Skeletron moves faster and has better A.I. when targeting multiple players. With this, he is able to "headlock" you while spinning, able to almost instantly kill players if they aren't able to escape. He's also able to inflict a couple of debuffs: the hands inflict Slow, while the head inflicts Bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom