tModLoader Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods

Suggestion for Vanilla Tweaks: Swap the fishing power of the Sitting Duck Fishing Pole (FP 40, only requires a bit of gold and some luck with the Traveling Merchant) and the Mechanic's Rod (FP 30, sold by the mechanic during hardmode during a waning crescent Moon). Maybe make the mechanic always sell her rod during hardmode, as anyone who doesn't use the wiki extensively is unlikely to know she sells it unless they get lucky.

[Edit:] And for the love of all that's holy PLEASE nerf the Rockfish and Reaver Shark.

[Edit 2:] Suggestion/request for "Where's my items?": adding a search function for inventory & open storage, making a searched-for item sparkle. I have a neurological issue which makes it difficult for me to find things visually when there are that many things to look through.

[Edit 3:] Suggestion for Helpful Hotkeys: Add hotkeys to enable/disable the Ruler (incl. Grand Design ruler function), Mechanical Ruler, Paint Sprayer, and the Force Mechanical Display function of the Grand Design (and possibly the Mechanical Lens, I'm not sure). Maybe for things like time display (watch/gps/pda/cell phone) as well.

Last edited:
I'm currently having an issue with Boss Expertise
DemonHeartWorksInNormal not working when I set it to true. Wall of Flesh will drop it on normal yes, but when I use it, it would show the 6th slot for a second then disappear. When I do /expert command, it would show back up. I've tested it with new characters/worlds, reloaded mods and I can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. https://imgur.com/tBMIigG is the list of mods I'm currently running on the up to date Tmodloader.

Edit: After some testing, we've found that the slots come back after a boss is killed and when ever a boss is summoned it randomly has a chance of disappearing on normal.

Last edited:
From now on, these and all my other mods will be maintained by Zerokk.

Like I've said before in an earlier post, I'm stepping down from Terraria modding for some time to work on other projects as well as my personal life (which I currently don't have). I may come back eventually, but for now it's better if someone more active in the community continues my work.

The new thread can be found here, that's where you can suggest features and report bugs. This thread will be closed soon.

From now on, these and all my other mods will be maintained by Zerokk.

Like I've said before in an earlier post, I'm stepping down from Terraria modding for some time to work on other projects as well as my personal life (which I currently don't have). I may come back eventually, but for now it's better if someone more active in the community continues my work.

The new thread can be found here, that's where you can suggest features and report bugs. This thread will be closed soon.

Thank you for everything.

So hey, I'm back.

It's been almost a year (wow) and I feel like I should come back to Terraria, at least for a while. Thank you @Mairek (aka Zerokk) for maintaining my mods while I was gone.

To celebrate, I updated every single one of my mods. First of all, I made these fancy things:
icon.png
eFM3Isa.png
xqgYuA2.png
v6YYRw1.png
U8w2uqk.png

And also I added support for @hamstar's Mod Helpers, so that's another way to edit config files in-game as well as report bugs.

The full changelog is here:
  • Vanilla Tweaks v2.7:
    • New icon & Mod Helpers support
    • Localizations now use .lang files, which means it's easier for people to send translations (I might add instructions for volunteers at some point)
      • It's experimental and might be buggy
    • Fixed typos and errors in the Russian translation
  • Boss Expertise v2.8:
    • New .lang file system for localizations
  • Dye Easy v1.7:
  • OmniSwing v1.10:
  • WMITF v2.5:
I don't have anything really fancy to say, but I'm glad to be back. I'm looking forward to making more fun Terraria-related stuff.

EDIT: would anyone be interested in a Discord server?

Last edited:
So hey, I'm back.

It's been almost a year (wow) and I feel like I should come back to Terraria, at least for a while. Thank you @Mairek (aka Zerokk) for maintaining my mods while I was gone.

To celebrate, I updated every single one of my mods. First of all, I made these fancy things:
icon.png
eFM3Isa.png
xqgYuA2.png
v6YYRw1.png
U8w2uqk.png

And also I added support for @hamstar's Mod Helpers, so that's another way to edit config files in-game as well as report bugs.

The full changelog is here:
  • Vanilla Tweaks v2.7:
    • Localizations now use .lang files, which means it's easier for people to send translations (I might add instructions for volunteers at some point)
      • It's experimental and might be buggy
    • Fixed typos and errors in the Russian translation
  • Boss Expertise v2.8:
    • New .lang file system for localizations
  • Dye Easy v1.7:
  • OmniSwing v1.10:
  • WMITF v2.5:
I don't have anything really fancy to say, but I'm glad to be back. I'm looking forward to making more fun Terraria-related stuff.

EDIT: would anyone be interested in a Discord server?
I am. ;)

So, I have a Discord server up and running, go check it out.

Also you can now have these fancy mod icons in your signature!

Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/VanillaTweaks/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/BossExpertise/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/OmniSwing/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/WMITF/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/DyeEasy/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
I considered making a banner for this, as just reusing the Mod Browser icons seems kinda lazy. But since these are small mods that don't much to the gameplay, I think a small logo is more appropriate than a huge banner.

Omni Swing v2.0! Exciting stuff!
  • Blacklisted Magic Dagger and Phoenix Blaster, they no longer auto-swing as they are somewhat OP.
  • Added /omniSwing command. This allows you to enable/disable OmniSwing on any item you want.
    • This lets you disable the Dagger/Blaster nerf, as well as add auto-swing to literally anything in the game.
    • Note that if an item already has auto-swing, you can't disable it (why would you want to do that anyway?)
  • In Multiplayer, the server owner decides which items get auto-swing, and their choices get sent to clients.
    • Might change my mind about this as it's technically not cheating (?)

More updates:
WMITF v3.0:
  • You can now see Internal/Technical Names of items, blocks, etc. (so instead of just "[Miscellania]", you see "[GoldensMisc:UniversalMagnet]")
    • Only really useful for mod devs
    • Disabled by default, press 'N' to enable
OmniSwing v2.1:
  • Fixed an issue with config settings in Multiplayer

Suggestion for Vanilla Tweaks: Swap the fishing power of the Sitting Duck Fishing Pole (FP 40, only requires a bit of gold and some luck with the Traveling Merchant) and the Mechanic's Rod (FP 30, sold by the mechanic during hardmode during a waning crescent Moon). Make the mechanic always sell her rod (any moon phase & pre hardmode), as it's not that powerful & anyone who doesn't use the wiki extensively is unlikely to know she sells it unless they get lucky.

For the love of all that's holy PLEASE nerf the Rockfish and Reaver Shark.

Suggestion/request for "Where's my items?": expanding the search function for inventory & open storage, making a searched-for item sparkle. I have a neurological issue which makes it difficult for me to find things visually when there are that many things to look through.

Suggestion for Vanilla Tweaks: Swap the fishing power of the Sitting Duck Fishing Pole (FP 40, only requires a bit of gold and some luck with the Traveling Merchant) and the Mechanic's Rod (FP 30, sold by the mechanic during hardmode during a waning crescent Moon).
Not sure about this. The Sitting Duck Pole is really rare, in my experience.
Make the mechanic always sell her rod (any moon phase & pre hardmode), as it's not that powerful & anyone who doesn't use the wiki extensively is unlikely to know she sells it unless they get lucky.
I actually did something like this in Miscellania, mostly because that mod adds the Autofisher, which requires a Mechanic's Rod as an ingredient. I made it so she sells the rod 3x as often. Now that I think of it, I should really port that to Vanilla Tweaks.
For the love of all that's holy PLEASE nerf the Rockfish and Reaver Shark.
Again, not sure about this. I know people that love these items, because they just want to speed-run the "boring" Pre-HM stage of the game. I guess it won't hurt, as there are config options, but still...
Suggestion/request for "Where's my items?": expanding the search function for inventory & open storage, making a searched-for item sparkle. I have a neurological issue which makes it difficult for me to find things visually when there are that many things to look through.
That's not my mod, that's Jopojelly's. Go ask him.

Meanwhile, here's another update! Vanilla Tweaks v2.8:
  • Fixed the (infamous) bug where certain items had messed up items. (e.g. Mods.GoldensMisc.ItemName.CobaltShield)
  • Eskimo Armor now has a 3% drop chance (6% in Expert Mode).
  • Rain Armor is now vanity.
  • The SWAT Helmet now has a proper tooltip, which describes the tweaks done by the mod.
  • Fixed a typo.

Not sure about this. The Sitting Duck Pole is really rare, in my experience.

I actually did something like this in Miscellania, mostly because that mod adds the Autofisher, which requires a Mechanic's Rod as an ingredient. I made it so she sells the rod 3x as often. Now that I think of it, I should really port that to Vanilla Tweaks.

<snip>
Changing the Sitting Duck to 25 or 30 & the Mechanic's to 40, hardmode only, any moon phase would be balanced, I think. The fiberglass is the next strongest at 27, and that's a pain to get; the Fisher of Souls and Fleshcatcher are 20 and 22 respectively, and the Reinforced (the best available before BoC/EoW) is only 15. Personally I'd make the Sitting Duck 25 and only available after killing the BoC or EoW. The earlier rods are made irrelevant if you get a lucky Sitting Duck early or take the time to get one before you start fishing. Serious fishers will be getting the Golden asap anyway.

[Edit:] I'd also love to see the Hotline Fishing Hook made into an accessory, maybe combinable with the Angler Tackle Bag (maybe call it the Spelunker's Tackle Bag?).

The earlier rods are made irrelevant if you get a lucky Sitting Duck early or take the time to get one before you start fishing. Serious fishers will be getting the Golden asap anyway.
Ouch, didn't know the Sitting Duck was available so early on. I thought it was Hardmode only. Yeah, I guess should I do something about this.
I'd also love to see the Hotline Fishing Hook made into an accessory, maybe combinable with the Angler Tackle Bag (maybe call it the Spelunker's Tackle Bag?).
Could be cool, but I'm not sure if it's possible to program well.

Last edited:
It would be nice if miner skeletons dropped mining armor more frequently (maybe 50%/80% or even 60/100%). They're rare, they don't show up on the lifeform scanner, and it's one of the most useful sets in the game.

Dye Easy: I'd reduce the sale value of the dyes slightly; right now a full stack of basic dye is worth almost 20 gold.

Vanilla Tweaks v2.9:
  • Crimson Armor now provides +12% melee damage instead of +6% all damage
  • Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole is now Hardmode only
  • Mechanic's Rod is now sold more often
  • Undead Miners now drop Mining armor more often (33% chance in Normal Mode, 50% in Expert)
  • Undead Miners now count as rare enemies, will be detected by Lifeform Analyzer.
@Tyro
Dye Easy: I'd reduce the sale value of the dyes slightly; right now a full stack of basic dye is worth almost 20 gold.
I'll do this later as a config option. (enabled by default) However, tModLoader is getting official ModConfig support soon, and I want to beta-test that before I publicly release an update.
Please add Calamity mod support for Boss Expertise
That's not something I can technically do, sorry.

Vanilla Tweaks v2.9:
  • Crimson Armor now provides +12% melee damage instead of +6% all damage
  • Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole is now Hardmode only
  • Mechanic's Rod is now sold more often
  • Undead Miners now drop Mining armor more often (33% chance in Normal Mode, 50% in Expert)
  • Undead Miners now count as rare enemies, will be detected by Lifeform Analyzer.
@Tyro

I'll do this later as a config option. (enabled by default) However, tModLoader is getting official ModConfig support soon, and I want to beta-test that before I publicly release an update.

That's not something I can technically do, sorry.

Very cool, though I guess my mage will have to switch away from crimson armor now :(

How often is "more often"?

Back
Top Bottom