tModLoader Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods

Is there any way to get OmniSwing to work with Overhaul? Overhaul still takes control and changes autoswing to a single charged attack, even with OmniSwing installed. If not, can anyone recommend a mod that would work?

Would you consider making certain rare boss drops more common in Expert? I'm especially annoyed that the Cosmic Car Key is only an ~11% drop from the Martian Saucer, considering how annoying it can be to start the event.

[Edit]: I also want to say thank you so much for your service. Your mods have changed my life ^_^

Is there any way to get OmniSwing to work with Overhaul?
Not really, sorry.
Would you consider making certain rare boss drops more common in Expert? I'm especially annoyed that the Cosmic Car Key is only an ~11% drop from the Martian Saucer, considering how annoying it can be to start the event.
I agree that it's super annoying. I'll make sure to do something about it. On that topic, the Flying Dutchman should also get an update.
I also want to say thank you so much for your service. Your mods have changed my life ^_^
Thank you for these words, I appreciate it! Although lately I haven't been playing a lot of Terraria at all, so pretty much all of my additions are just user suggestions at this point.

Maybe make the Wand of Sparking more powerful and more common? It's painfully bad as it stands.

I noticed that, while testing weapons with the OmniSwing mod, the Phoenix Blaster does not autoswing. Could you fix that?

Welcome! This is a combined thread for some of my little mods that don't really add any content to Terraria. Instead they just change some things from the regular game.
I decided to put all of these mods into a big megathread because I really don't feel like they are big enough to deserve their own threads.

Table of contents:

kdcROYP.png

Vanilla Tweaks
My main tweak mod. It pretty much contains a whole ton of different little tweaks. There's no particular theme to them, they are just random ideas.
Anyway, here's the list of changes:
  • Extractinator.png
    Extractinator is now 5x faster. You can change this multiplier in the config file, but this is the maximum.
  • Gladiator_armor.png
    Gladiator armor was buffed.
    • Defense increased from 2/3/2 to 5/6/5.
    • Set bonus: +15% crit chance.
    • Now has
      Rarity_color_1_big.png
      rarity.
  • Obsidian_armor.png
    Obsidian armor was buffed.
    • Each set piece now gives +3% ranged crit chance.
    • Set bonus: +10% movement speed.
    • Now leaves a trail behind the player when moving.
    • Now has
      Rarity_color_1_big.png
      rarity.
  • Meteor_armor.png
    Meteor armor was changed.
    • No longer gives magic bonuses. The 0 Space Gun mana cost stays the same, though.
    • Defense decreased from 5/6/5 to 4/5/4.
    • The reason behind the nerf is so people can try some other mage armors, such as Jungle or Robes.
  • Eskimo_armor.png
    Pink_Eskimo_armor.png
    Eskimo armor was buffed.
    • Has a 3% drop chance (6% in Expert Mode)
    • Defense increased from 1/2/1 to 3/4/3.
    • Each set piece allows touching cold water without freezing (Expert Mode only).
    • Set bonus: +4 defense, less damage taken from Ice enemies (Warmth buff), immunity to Chilled, Frozen and Frostburn.
    • Now has
      Rarity_color_1_big.png
      rarity.
  • Pharaoh%27s_set.png
    Pharaoh's Clothes are now an early-game summoner set.
    • Mask gives 3 defense and +5% minion damage.
    • Robe gives 4 defense and +5% minion damage.
    • Full set gives +1 minion slot.
  • Crimson_armor.png
    Crimson armor now gives +12% melee damage instead of +6% all damage.
  • Rain_clothes.png
    Rain armor is now vanity.
  • The_Breaker.png
    Flesh_Grinder.png
    The Breaker and Flesh Grinder's hammer power increased from 55 to 65 (just slightly below the Molten Hamaxe).
  • Meteor_Hamaxe.png
    Meteor Hamaxe's hammer power reduced from 60 to 50 and axe power reduced from 100 to 70.
  • Molten_Hamaxe.png
    Molten Hamaxe's axe power reduced from 150 to 80.
  • Night%27s_Edge.png
    True_Night%27s_Edge.png
    True_Excalibur.png
    Night's Edge, True Night's Edge and True Excalibur now auto-swing.
  • Bone_Block.png
    Bone Blocks now drop Bones when mined.
  • Jester%27s_Arrow.png
    Jester's Arrows are now crafted in stacks of 50.
  • Molotov_Cocktail.png
    Molotov Cocktails now have an alternative recipe.
    • Same as regular recipe, but with 25 Gel instead of 1 Pink Gel.
  • Sitting_Duck%27s_Fishing_Pole.png
    Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole is now Hardmode only.
  • Mechanic%27s_Rod.png
    Mechanic's Rod is now sold more often.
  • Undead_Miner.png
    Undead Miners now drop Mining armor pieces with a 33% chance (50% in Expert mode)
    • Also, they are now considered "rare creatures" and will be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
  • SWAT_Helmet.png
    SWAT Helmet was drastically buffed.
    • It now gives 14 defense instead of being vanity.
    • Gives 15% increased ranged damage (to all weapon types) and 5% increased ranged crit chance.
    • It's much better than Shroomite, though it doesn't count towards any armor set bonuses.
  • Skull.png
    Skull's texture has been flipped (it's now facing right, just like all helmets and hats)
    • The flipping effect should work with Texture packs, too.
  • Placed_Goldfish.gif
    Fish Bowl now gives you 1 defense. You'll still drown if you wear it though.
  • Sandstone_Brick.png
    Sandstone_Brick_Wall.png
    Sandstone_Slab.png
    Sandstone Brick, Sandstone Brick Wall and Sandstone Slab renamed to Sand Brick, Sand Brick Wall and Sand Slab respectively (they're not made out of Sandstone!)
  • Cobalt_Shield.png
    Cobalt Shield renamed to Guardian's Shield (I always thought it was weird that you can get a shield out of HM ore in pre-Hardmode... and it's even weirder if you get Palladium).
  • Gold Critters now drop 2 Gold when killed (you can still catch them and sell them for 10 Gold though).
  • Removed "Item is favorited" tooltips.
  • All coin recipes (e.g. 1 Silver to 100 Copper etc.) are now always at the end of the recipe list. Which means that in the crafting menu they now show up AFTER all recipes from other mods.
Note: this mod has an options file! This means that if you don't like some feature, but you want to have all the others, you can disable it by editing a simple text file (or by installing Flashkirby's Mod Settings Configurator). More info in the Enabling and disabling optional features section.
Feel free to suggest some more!

Download:
  • Mod Browser
  • GitHub (all versions): link

kdcROYP.png

Boss Expertise
Is Expert Mode too frustrating for you, but you still want a bit of a challenge? Do you think Normal Mode bosses are too boring?
Then this mod is probably for you! Boss Expertise makes bosses move and behave like in Expert Mode when you're in Normal Mode (without changing their stats). This works on bosses from other mods too!

Optional features:
  • Bosses drop Treasure Bags even in Normal mode (disabled by default).
  • Demon Heart now works in Normal Mode (disabled by default).
    • Note! To use the Demon Heart in Normal Mode you have to right-click on it in your inventory!
  • /expert command which toggles Expert mode in a world (enabled by default).
  • Button in the Cheat Sheet mod menu which does the same thing (enabled by default).
If you want to, you can disable the boss AI change as well (if you only want the commands/Treasure Bags but don't want harder bosses).

How to disable or enable optional features

Download:

• Mod Browser

kdcROYP.png

Dye Easy
Dye Easy is a tiny mod that makes Basic and Compound dyes much easier to get by changing their crafting recipes. It's based on one of my old suggestions, way back from 1.2. Yes, I know that those dyes aren't as cool anymore since the release of Strange dyes... But let's at least give them a chance!:)

So, here's the list of changes:
  • You now get 3 Basic dyes per recipe. That way finding just one ingredient is enough for a full set of armor. For example:
    Red_Husk.png
    1x Red Husk =
    Red_Dye.png
    3x Red Dye.
  • When you combine dyes, you get the same amount of dye that you used in the recipe. For example:
    Red_Dye.png
    1x Red Dye +
    Orange_Dye.png
    1x Orange Dye +
    Yellow_Dye.png
    1x Yellow Dye =
    Flame_Dye.png
    3x Flame Dye,
    Cyan_Dye.png
    1x Cyan Dye +
    Black_Dye.png
    1x Black Dye =
    Cyan_and_Black_Dye.png
    2x Cyan and Black Dye etc.
  • Note that recipes for Bright Silver, Intense Flame/Rainbow, Pink Gel, Shifting Pearlsands and Lunar dyes remain unchanged.
Also, theoretically this mod should work with dyes from other mods.

Download:
  • Mod Browser

kdcROYP.png

Which Mod Is This From?
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF for short) shows mod an item, block or NPC comes from.
oLvvTnJ.png

Yep, that's it. It's supposed to be used when you play with a lot of mods at once.

You can enable block/NPC tooltips with a keybinding (? by default).
You can disable item tooltips in this mod's config file (see the Enabling and Disabling Optional Features spoiler below).

(inspired by the Minecraft mod WAILA by ProfMobius)

Download:

• Mod Browser

kdcROYP.png

OmniSwing
This mod makes every single weapon in the game auto-swing. And it's compatible with other mods.

• Magic Dagger and Phoenix Blaster are blacklisted as auto-shoot makes them quite OP.
  • New in v2.0: You can blacklist/whitelist certain items via /omniSwing chat command. Only works in singleplayer or if you're a server owner.

A few people requested to add this feature to Vanilla Tweaks, but instead I made this a separate mod because in my opinion it's a little overpowered. Can't deny that it's fun, though.

This mod can be a bit buggy, so please report any problems you see.

Download:
  • Mod Browser

Enabling and disabling optional features:
There are multiple ways of doing this. You can either edit the mod's options file manually or install Flashkirby's Mod Settings Configurator to select features in-game. If you have hamstar's Mod Helpers installed, you can also edit options without leaving the game.

Here's a step-by-step guide:
  1. Download the mod and launch the game at least once.
  2. Find the Terraria save folder (on Windows it's My Documents/My Games/Terraria).
  3. Go to Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs/. Inside, you should see a file called <mod name>.json (in our example, it's Boss Expertise.json).
  4. Open it with any text editor such as Notepad.
  5. The file should look like this:
    Code:
    {
      "DropTreasureBagsInNormal": false,
      "DemonHeartWorksInNormal": false,
      "ChangeBossAI": true,
      "AddCheatSheetButton": true,
      "AddExpertCommand": true
    }
  6. Change the value that you need to either "false" (to disable the feature) or "true" (to enable it). If it's a numerical value, just enter any number you want.
  7. Either re-launch the game or go to Terraria's Main Menu -> Mods -> Reload Mods.

That's it for now! Feedback, suggestions (and bug reports) are appreciated!

Discord & Support:
My Discord server is a great way to suggest mod features, discuss the mods, keep up with new stuff I'm working, and just hang out in general.

If you feel like supporting the mod, consider adding these icons to your signature!

Vanilla Tweaks:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/VanillaTweaks/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Boss Expertise:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/BossExpertise/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
OmniSwing:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/OmniSwing/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Which Mod is This From?:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/WMITF/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Dye Easy:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/DyeEasy/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]

If anybody wants to help with translating any of my mods, PM me and we'll discuss it.

Note: all of my mods' source code is available on GitHub, if anybody wants to take a look at it.

Special thanks:
  • @Hulvdan for providing me the Extractinator speed up code.
  • @Yalgrin for updating WMITF while I was gone.
  • Flashkirby for creating Mod Settings Configurator.
  • Blushiemagic, jopojelly, Jofairden and others for creating tML, and of course Re-Logic for creating Terraria.

All of these mods are licensed under the MIT License, which means that they are open-source.

Therefore, if I stop updating them and you want to do it yourself, feel free to do it! You can release your versions to the public, as long as you credit me as the original author and don't change the license.
When boss expertise is enabled, expert mode randomly activates on normal mode worlds. I have luiafk, so I can change it back with a command, but it's incredibly annoying.

Love your mods, goldenapple.

Just commenting to point out that you missed
"Cactus armor bonus set now gives a 25% thorns effect instead of +1 defense.
Viking Helmet along with Iron/Lead armor now gives a set bonus of +5% damage."
...in your Vanilla Tweaks spoiler on the OP.

Had to come here to remind myself what those tweaks did in the Config.

Which Mod Is This From? doesn't seem to appear on the Mod Browser anymore and the GitHub mentions the 0.10.1.4 tModLoader version which is now outdated.
Is this the reason why ? Would you mind updating it ? I found it interesting to know what's from what.
Thanks for what you've done all of this time, Vanilla Tweaks' been a long-time "all-the-time in my Terraria" mods.

edit: found it from the most popular filter. For some reason, it doesn't hit any result when searching for it by name for me.

Last edited:
Hello there! It appears than whenever I'm trying to create a world, the game crashes on me! Here's the report!
index.php

Please help me ASAP! Thanks!

Hello there! It appears than whenever I'm trying to create a world, the game crashes on me! Here's the report!
index.php

Please help me ASAP! Thanks!

For the LOVE OF GOD, Please, PLEASE, don't spam these in peoples threads.
go to the the Discord, if you can't do that, make a thread in General Mod Discussion for help. Thank you.

I have an announcement to make.

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been active in the Terraria modding community at all in the past few months. There was a lack of updates, no new features, and I haven't been checking the forums that much. There's a few reasons for this, but to make a long story short - I'm not interested in modding Terraria anymore. I've been doing this for a long time, since 2015 (when I was 14 years old). I had a good time - I learned a lot about programming, maintaining projects, etc. - but I feel like it's time for me to move on.

This is why I'm stepping down from modding Terraria. I will no longer update my mods or add any new content. If someone wants to take over my projects and maintain them, send me a PM and we can discuss it. The source code for my mods will remain available on my GitHub.

Last edited:
However, I'd feel guilty if I just left my mods as-is. That's why some of my mods are getting a "final update" - I wanted to fix a few bugs, adopt new tModLoader features and clean up the code to make it easier for someone else to maintain.

Vanilla Tweaks v3.0:
  • Added support for tModLoader's ModConfig system (thank you @Pop000100 ). You can now change the mod's settings in-game, either in the Mods menu or in the pause menu.
    • Your old .json settings files will be automatically migrated.
    • Removed support for Flashkirby's Mod Settings Configurators and Hamstar's Helpers as these are now useless.
  • Removed the "Bone Block Wall recipe fix" as that feature actually exists in the game.
  • Adjusted the drop rates for the Undead Miner - the Miner Pants and Shirt should be slightly less common, but you won't get Miner Helmets from them anymore.
  • "Undead Miner shows up on the Lifeform Analyzer" and "Increased Undead Miner drops" are now two separate options in the config file.
  • Fixed issues with tweaked tooltips when changing the config file and reloading.
OmniSwing v3.0:
  • Added support for tModLoader's ModConfig system. You can now add items to the blacklist/whitelist in-game, either in the Mods menu or in the pause menu.
    • Your old .txt settings file will be automatically migrated.
    • Removed support for Hamstar's Helpers.
    • Removed the /omniSwing command.
  • Fixed issues with config reloading not affecting your current world/player.
  • Added the option to completely disable OmniSwing for weapons - so that it only works on specific whitelisted items.
Boss Expertise v3.0:
  • Added support for tModLoader's ModConfig system (thank you @Pop000100 ). You can now change the mod's settings in-game, either in the Mods menu or in the pause menu.
    • Your old .json settings files will be automatically migrated.
    • Removed support for Flashkirby's Mod Settings Configurators and Hamstar's Helpers as these are now useless.
  • Added an NPC Whitelist and NPC Blacklist to the mod's settings.
    • If you add a boss to the Blacklist, Boss Expertise will not affect its AI or drops (use this if Boss Expertise breaks some boss from another mod).
    • If you add an NPC to the Whitelist, Boss Expertise will adjust its AI and drops even if it's not technically a boss.
  • The Demon Heart now works exactly the same way in both Expert Mode and Normal Mode. You don't need to right-click instead of left-clicking anymore.

I have an announcement to make.

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been active in the Terraria modding community at all in the past few months. There was a lack of updates, no new features, and I haven't been checking the forums that much. There's a few reasons for this, but to make a long story short - I'm not interested in modding Terraria anymore. I've been doing this for a long time, since 2015 (when I was 14 years old). I had a good time - I learned a lot about programming, maintaining projects, etc. - but I feel like it's time for me to move on.

This is why I'm stepping down from modding Terraria. I will no longer update my mods or add any new content. If someone wants to take over my projects and maintain them, send me a PM and we can discuss it. The source code for my mods will remain available on my GitHub.

Best of luck on your present and future life journeys and many thanks for all you have done for us in the community!

I've found a new maintainer for VanillaTweaks: @Pop000100

With his help, I've released an update, v3.0.4. This update just rewrites a bit of code to make it run better on newer versions of tModLoader. I also updated the mod's description a bit.

All future updates will be made by Pop000100.

Boss Expertise 3.0.2
- Fixed Treasure Bags not dropping on normal mode if change AI is set to false(they do now).
WMITF 2.6.2
- Migrated to ModConfigs(can change settings in "mods" section in game)

Back
Top Bottom