Items Vanity for weapons

Kitten Shuttles

Steampunker
Have you ever had that moment when you’re like “Man, I have the hel - fire and it looks wicked, but it sucks to the Yelets, but the Yelets looks like a rock!” Moments? Well, that happened to me today and that would have made me very happy. It’s just something that a lot of people would like, and no one would dislike kind of thing. In your inventory, you would hold alt and right click, and drag the weapon that you want the weapon that you’re dragging it to, so it would look like a hel fire instead of a yetets(ex).

Like if u agree

Y do I do this to myself

This way troll level goes up to over 9000 in the troll-o-meter (Familiar outfit + this)
But, this will be a lot harder to program I guess, but sure me gusta

This suggestion is unfortunately never viable. Textures have very specific domains; we see this when a weapon that is, say, larger than usual has some blurriness. Trying to fit something like a shortsword on a Terrablade would look awful. It goes without saying it would anger the pvp crowd, too (although that's a given for basically anything)

There is actually something like this on the tmodloader browser, it’s called item customization, and it allows you to dye items, pretty cool actually, though it may not be exactly what you were thinking

I like the idea, but I'm not sure how this would work. Various weapon types seem... quite incompatible. Even sticking within melee and not doing the incredibly weird case of mixing yoyos and guns - let's say I like the look of the Fetid Bagnakhs, but I'm wielding the Meowmere like I always do. Are rainbow cats going to shoot out of my claws, or am I going to fire invisible projectiles instead? What about the displayed swing speed? This is going to create all kinds of inaccuracies regarding range.

Dyeing weapons would be neat, though. Things like the phase or hades dye might give you the effect you want on your Yelets.

Back
Top Bottom