tModLoader VapeMods by FractalXX

you have disabled all of your mods and the error persists? thats clearly not the case. which mods are/were enabled when you tried it. also try to narrow it down to a select few mods which cause the issue. this helps with fixing the issue.

I had a lot of mods when I first tried to run this mod, the logs are above, then I disabled all of them, logs didn't change. Now I'm reinstalling terraria and mod loader, maybe It'll help. EDIT: After reinstallation, without any other mods installed, it works properly. Thanks for help :D And sorry for my bad english :p

I had a lot of mods when I first tried to run this mod, the logs are above, then I disabled all of them, logs didn't change. Now I'm reinstalling terraria and mod loader, maybe It'll help. EDIT: After reinstallation, without any other mods installed, it works properly. Thanks for help :D And sorry for my bad english :p

That's nice to hear.

Sir, theres a huge problem with your mod. it doesnt work with content mods like calamity, thorium and spiritmod. heres the log:
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei VapeRPG.VapeGlobalNpc.SetDefaults(NPC npc) in c:\Users\N3r0\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VapeRPG\VapeGlobalNpc.cs:Zeile 100.
bei Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.SetDefaults(NPC npc, Boolean createModNPC)
bei Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
bei Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Could you make this work alongside both the Leveled and Unleveled mods?

Both of these problems are fixed now, mod should load with Calamity and the rest.
You can use any UI mods as of the current version; all you have to do is to navigate to the mod's config file:
My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/ModConfig/VapeRPG.json <- set EnableUI to false, then RELOAD/RESTART.

Thanks for all of your help.

Last edited:
I don't know is this intended, but magic "cluster sparks" skill gives mana for critical hits and it is just OP, that's an infinite mana.

I don't know is this intended, but magic "cluster sparks" skill gives mana for critical hits and it is just OP, that's an infinite mana.

That's because of the Mana Crits skill. I'll make it so that it'll ignore the magic sparks. Alternatively I might make it so that they can't crit at all.
Thanks for the info!

I also found a bug with imk sushi's mod. When I craft climbing claws out of pre-eye surface token it is ALWAYS Epic: +39 agility +13 vitality and +25 magic power

I also found a bug with imk sushi's mod. When I craft climbing claws out of pre-eye surface token it is ALWAYS Epic: +39 agility +13 vitality and +25 magic power

Are you sure it's always? Just because that doesn't have to do anything with my code. It all depends on a chance regardless of what the item is or if it's crafted or not.

I crafted 5 of them, all with exactly same stats. Also I can see those stats already in crafting window before crafring.
EDIT: I Restarted Terraria and Reloaded the mods, climbing claws are normal now, but it is still quite strange.

I crafted 5 of them, all with exactly same stats. Also I can see those stats already in crafting window before crafring.
EDIT: I Restarted Terraria and Reloaded the mods, climbing claws are normal now, but it is still quite strange.

I fixed the problem. Update is up.
Now it'll show the items in the crafting window as common and when crafted, will have a chance of getting a better quality. Thanks for the info, again.

Also, basic summoner stats are implemented. No skills for them now though, because they would be a little bit complicated at the moment. This will be changed in the future.

Last edited:
Hi, i have a problem with Vape Rpg, the world crash in the load window
Pd: Sorry for the screnshot lenguage, i speak speak spanish

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (1).png
    Captura de pantalla (1).png
    742.7 KB · Views: 149
Decided to install your mod after almost 3/4 of my thorium/calamity/spirit wizard expert/revengeance mode run. It didn't go well.
To the error itself.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at VapeRPG.VapePlayer.PostUpdate() in c:\Users\N3r0\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VapeRPG\VapePlayer.cs:line 244
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PostUpdate(Player player)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

I installed your mod, decided to swing in a side character into my main playthrough character's dungeon to look at the loot system and leveling. I got some turbo exp up until level 199(took 5 minutes at most) after which I can no longer assign stat points and class points(haven't really spent them along the way). I decided to reenter the game, in hopes that it will fix it but received the aforementioned error instead.
Now I can't enter any world with this character.

Also, it should be noted, that I got somewhat tired of my playthrough and added Spirit mod together with yours in one go. I had Experience and Classes mod enabled from the start of the run, and it never caused me any problems or gave too much experience neither before, nor during this incident. (and it should have a similar formula for exp gains calculation.)

Awesome mod, looking forward to its development.

P.S. If you ever get to implementing summoner builds, one of my main problems with minions is their leash distance for kiting fights and piercing damage problems. Maybe this will help you decide on the course of creating passives for them.

Edit: Turned everything off, and tried playing vanilla Terraria on expert with only your mod. Experience really is increasing incredibly fast. Wooden bow and a stack of 300 arrows lasted me to level 8 on slimes and zombies(My aim is terrible with bows). Not a bad thing on its own, but the current passive tree is very overpowered if you get 1 SP per level. Explosive ammo, in particular, has too great of a knockback. Also, I noticed, that small rocket spawns near the enemies always from the left, and can actually knock them in your direction.
I would recommend to both, tone down the amount of received experience and to reduce the number of available skill points.

Last edited:
Hi, i have a problem with Vape Rpg, the world crash in the load window
Pd: Sorry for the screnshot lenguage, i speak speak spanish
Hi ya first off great mod, really fun! second this is basically what happened to me but I did the goblin invasion and it jumped me straight to lvl 199 and then crashed, disabled mod for now and it works but I enjoy playing your mod so if that can get fixed it would be much appreciated. Also if there is any way for you to add like a tanking minion aspect that would be awesome, I'm not sure if that is your forte but I have enjoyed what you put out so great job! Keep Putting out!

Hi ya first off great mod, really fun! second this is basically what happened to me but I did the goblin invasion and it jumped me straight to lvl 199 and then crashed, disabled mod for now and it works but I enjoy playing your mod so if that can get fixed it would be much appreciated. Also if there is any way for you to add like a tanking minion aspect that would be awesome, I'm not sure if that is your forte but I have enjoyed what you put out so great job! Keep Putting out!
what do you mean by "tanking minion aspect"??? thats so vague, it could be everything but also nothing. i agree with exp being extremely jumpy though. especially if you have other prefix mods enabled alongside.
if the mobs are having the strongest prefixed and are also chaos then they end up with tons of hp and stuff and give an incredible amount of exp.

the crashes and load errors might happen due to overflows. i didnt get to that point yet, so thats only an assumption.

Edit: noticed a possible issue which should be fixed. worms should either have their heads be chaos or the whole body should become chaos aswell. atm each part of the worm gets rolled for its own chaos prefix

Last edited:
I'm already working on the fix for every problem mentioned here. Thank you for your patience and even more thanks for reporting these.
I'll get into the summoner class more when I'll finally fix core problems like the ones stated here.

Character screen is huge, like really huge, and some of the text hides behind the icons.

What resolution are you playing on? Also, which of the texts hide behind which icons?

EDIT: Update is up.
v0.2.1:
Life/Mana crystals and life fruits can no longer be used.
Reaching the last level no longer crashes the game.
Slightly reduced XP yield from mobs.
Increased XP needed for levels.
Reduced Chaos mob chance to 5%.
Removed Longer Invulnerability due to being OP and also not working properly.
Fixed some UI errors.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Experience and chaos ranks both seem much more balanced now.

Noticed a bug(feature?) Regenerating Kills procs from damage done and not from kills.
Currently playing with your mode turned on, if I notice anything else weird, will report it back here.

I think I may have found a bug. Underwater, I cannot see my breath meter.
20170806114924_1.jpg

However, whenever I go to the camera, I can see it again.
20170806114939_1.jpg

I think I may have found a bug. Underwater, I cannot see my breath meter.
View attachment 179279
However, whenever I go to the camera, I can see it again.
View attachment 179280

That might be because of the custom HP bar. Because of the HP bar, I had to remove the vanilla resource bars also contained the Buff Indicator and it turns out that it controls the breath meter as well.
I see 2+1 options for a potential fix:

1. Rewrite the breath meter drawing code as I did with the Buff Indicator (hard task to be honest).
2. Remove the custom hp/mp bar and use the vanilla one instead OR players will use other UI mods such as Unleveled.
3. Find a workaround to make it so that I don't have to remove the entire UI layer, only the HP/MP bars. (which is highly unlikely considering the way Terraria's UI works)

I'm open for opinions. What do you think?

I'm already working on the fix for every problem mentioned here. Thank you for your patience and even more thanks for reporting these.
I'll get into the summoner class more when I'll finally fix core problems like the ones stated here.

What resolution are you playing on? Also, which of the texts hide behind which icons?

EDIT: Update is up.
v0.2.1:
Life/Mana crystals and life fruits can no longer be used.
Reaching the last level no longer crashes the game.
Slightly reduced XP yield from mobs.
Increased XP needed for levels.
Reduced Chaos mob chance to 5%.
Removed Longer Invulnerability due to being OP and also not working properly.
Fixed some UI errors.

1600x900, I'll be happy when I can get a better monitor.

2. Remove the custom hp/mp bar and use the vanilla one instead OR players will use other UI mods such as Unleveled.

Less work for you, and there already good mods for that.

Some things I've noticed:
1)Damage to defense is op, considering it reduces only your melee damage. As a summoner/ranged/mage it's free survivability for you.
2)Putting points in intellect does nothing to you, once you go past the 400 mana. As far as I understand 400 mana is a hardcap in Terraria.
Considering the natural per level increase and maybe items that give mana(or even Vape loot +int stat) intelligence is munchkin's nightmare.
3)I guess same goes to the steroid skill/movement speed combo. If you are already at cap ms, you won't get any benefits from the steroid.
4)Longer flight maybe isn't working. Can't tell for sure, as there is no decrease skill button.
5)Level 10 sparks are really flashy. It is quite enjoyable right now but may become boring with time.
6)Killing Chaos Solar Pillar made my frames fall like the domino.(maybe because I had 2 stationary sentries type spells + the sparks skill = expl0si0ns!)
7)Didn't quite get there on the new play through, but clearing solar pillars, in general, gives crazy amounts of experience. It may or may not have to do with big content pack mods I ran with yours.(But I think even vanilla end game staff gives way too much exp. I manage to fill 868598400 exp in one pillar)
8)Having level 200 stops you from gaining any more chaos exp. Doubt this is the real problem, but maybe something to consider?

I hope I don't come too hard or annoying on you. The mod is great and has a lot of potential, that's why I'm so eager to play it.

Back
Top Bottom