tModLoader VapeMods by FractalXX

Less work for you, and there already good mods for that.

Some things I've noticed:
1)Damage to defense is op, considering it reduces only your melee damage. As a summoner/ranged/mage it's free survivability for you.
2)Putting points in intellect does nothing to you, once you go past the 400 mana. As far as I understand 400 mana is a hardcap in Terraria.
Considering the natural per level increase and maybe items that give mana(or even Vape loot +int stat) intelligence is munchkin's nightmare.
3)I guess same goes to the steroid skill/movement speed combo. If you are already at cap ms, you won't get any benefits from the steroid.
4)Longer flight maybe isn't working. Can't tell for sure, as there is no decrease skill button.
5)Level 10 sparks are really flashy. It is quite enjoyable right now but may become boring with time.
6)Killing Chaos Solar Pillar made my frames fall like the domino.(maybe because I had 2 stationary sentries type spells + the sparks skill = expl0si0ns!)
7)Didn't quite get there on the new play through, but clearing solar pillars, in general, gives crazy amounts of experience. It may or may not have to do with big content pack mods I ran with yours.(But I think even vanilla end game staff gives way too much exp. I manage to fill 868598400 exp in one pillar)
8)Having level 200 stops you from gaining any more chaos exp. Doubt this is the real problem, but maybe something to consider?

I hope I don't come too hard or annoying on you. The mod is great and has a lot of potential, that's why I'm so eager to play it.

I really appreciate the help, don't worry. Also, you make good points. Noted these as well.

I'll implement proper resolution scaling as soon as I can. That will take time though, since some elements on the character panel have to be a constant size.

specific ones that are behind the images, is snail armor, the one beside it and ammo hoarder.

specific ones that are behind the images, is snail armor, the one beside it and ammo hoarder.

That must be because of the lower resolution (normally, it should be above the panel). I'll work on a fix.

EDIT: In the meantime a new mod (Vape Helper) is out. Details in the OP.

Last edited:
what do you mean by "tanking minion aspect"??? thats so vague, it could be everything but also nothing. i agree with exp being extremely jumpy though. especially if you have other prefix mods enabled alongside.
if the mobs are having the strongest prefixed and are also chaos then they end up with tons of hp and stuff and give an incredible amount of exp.

the crashes and load errors might happen due to overflows. i didnt get to that point yet, so thats only an assumption.

Edit: noticed a possible issue which should be fixed. worms should either have their heads be chaos or the whole body should become chaos aswell. atm each part of the worm gets rolled for its own chaos prefix

Sorry about that, when I said a tanking minion what I meant was like a skill or ability a minion or one of the summoner classes might have in which they cause a spike agro so that the mobs leave you alone for a couple seconds.

Sorry about that, when I said a tanking minion what I meant was like a skill or ability a minion or one of the summoner classes might have in which they cause a spike agro so that the mobs leave you alone for a couple seconds.

That's a good idea. Not so easy to code it, though. Will look into that later.

New VapeRPG update is out. Changelog in the OP.
Fixed most of the problems Skyburn has mentioned.
Also made it so players only get one skill point every 5 level for balance reasons, so they'll have to choose wisely.
Longer flight does work though, it just wasn't easily noticeable. It got buffed though.
Last, but not least, the UI is scrapped. You can use any mod for that but vanilla works, too.

Was just about to type in a small report when you dropped another update. Awesome work!

After leaving and re-entering the world, all the gear prefixes disappear. Throwing them out and picking them back again, seems to reset the values properly(back to the old ones). They also apply on your character sheet window even without the dropping and picking up magic, so it seems to be only a visual. By the way, the loot system sometimes makes you think about "should I swap those epic silver pants for common jungle pants". Quite an achievement, considering the simplicity of Terraria's tiered gear progression(at least most of the time).

After downloading an update, and all my skill points are still spent on the tree. While build locking like in d2/poe is not a bad thing per se, as we are currently testing the mod, it would be nice to have an ability to reset the skills for free. For future, though, if ever going to implement a proper skill reset, I think 1 platinum coin for pressing the "-" button near a skill would a be a nice addition. And full stat/chaos reset for 10 plat or smth. Or add a drop from enemies/npc-trainer(recolored guide?).

Continued fresh playthrough with spirit/calamity/thorium enabled no more bugs noticed atm. Six bossess killed, including EoC, and currently only level 16(CRank 7). Everything seems dandy. One thing though, I killed EoC 4 times, and got 4 golden helmets, maybe it's the bad rng on my part. Gonna test it with other character and report back later.

FInally, if you ever wish to consider working on skill system a bit more, I would be glad to write a wall of text or two about that ;). But that's only if you don't have your own goals set already.

Edit: Cthulu drops are fine, he gave me every golden item he got. Now, I only need to get his lunch money. ;)

Last edited:
Was just about to type in a small report when you dropped another update. Awesome work!

After leaving and re-entering the world, all the gear prefixes disappear. Throwing them out and picking them back again, seems to reset the values properly(back to the old ones). They also apply on your character sheet window even without the dropping and picking up magic, so it seems to be only a visual. By the way, the loot system sometimes makes you think about "should I swap those epic silver pants for common jungle pants". Quite an achievement, considering the simplicity of Terraria's tiered gear progression(at least most of the time).

After downloading an update, and all my skill points are still spent on the tree. While build locking like in d2/poe is not a bad thing per se, as we are currently testing the mod, it would be nice to have an ability to reset the skills for free. For future, though, if ever going to implement a proper skill reset, I think 1 platinum coin for pressing the "-" button near a skill would a be a nice addition. And full stat/chaos reset for 10 plat or smth. Or add a drop from enemies/npc-trainer(recolored guide?).

Continued fresh playthrough with spirit/calamity/thorium enabled no more bugs noticed atm. Six bossess killed, including EoC, and currently only level 16(CRank 7). Everything seems dandy. One thing though, I killed EoC 4 times, and got 4 golden helmets, maybe it's the bad rng on my part. Gonna test it with other character and report back later.

FInally, if you ever wish to consider working on skill system a bit more, I would be glad to write a wall of text or two about that ;). But that's only if you don't have your own goals set already.

You're doing great work on testing to be honest.

Upon reading the tooltip problem, I instantly put up a hotfix for that. Problem is that it'll still show some random stats in the crafting window but those are not real and get re rolled upon crafting.

It should make you think about swapping your gear. Considering the power non-common items "wield", the player must have some risk in using them. That means that sometimes sacrifices must be made. That's part of the balance. It also contributes to the various replay options for your characters.

The Respec feature is already under development. For now, I'll only implement full-on resetting of the stats (which means, all your skills/stats) for a relatively high price. Chaos bonuses will be resetted seperately for even more price. That's because they're really critical bonuses.

It must be the RNG because I've made the bosses drop every piece of the corresponding sets. You had a little bad luck :p

Nothing is set in stone. Everyone might suggest everything and every suggestion will be considered and if they're good and possible (Terraria is kinda limited now) they'll be done. Just keep in mind that it'll take some time especially with skills.

You're doing great work on testing to be honest.

Upon reading the tooltip problem, I instantly put up a hotfix for that. Problem is that it'll still show some random stats in the crafting window but those are not real and get re rolled upon crafting.

It should make you think about swapping your gear. Considering the power non-common items "wield", the player must have some risk in using them. That means that sometimes sacrifices must be made. That's part of the balance. It also contributes to the various replay options for your characters.

The Respec feature is already under development. For now, I'll only implement full-on resetting of the stats (which means, all your skills/stats) for a relatively high price. Chaos bonuses will be resetted seperately for even more price. That's because they're really critical bonuses.

It must be the RNG because I've made the bosses drop every piece of the corresponding sets. You had a little bad luck :p

Nothing is set in stone. Everyone might suggest everything and every suggestion will be considered and if they're good and possible (Terraria is kinda limited now) they'll be done. Just keep in mind that it'll take some time especially with skills.

I'm glad, I was helpful. This mod adds the leveling stuff in all the right places. General stats + sort of paragon leveling + (!)passive skills. Not to mention, as an old time WoW and Diablo player, seeing the word "epic" in deep violet color makes me slightly happier than should be considered normal. I guess it can be considered Pavlov's reflex. ;)

Yeah, I've bullied EoC enough times, for him to promise me, to never visit my characters on the first day, they get more than 200 life. And drop some uniques.

The last part is more than understandable. Terraria sets its limitations, that's why I would only suggest things I've seen implemented in other mods(not rip-offs, general concepts of course.)
I will then take some time tomorrow to make a draft of classless skill tree system that I've envisioned immediately after seeing how you implemented the skills.

I'm glad, I was helpful. This mod adds the leveling stuff in all the right places. General stats + sort of paragon leveling + (!)passive skills. Not to mention, as an old time WoW and Diablo player, seeing the word "epic" in deep violet color makes me slightly happier than should be considered normal. I guess it can be considered Pavlov's reflex. ;)

Yeah, I've bullied EoC enough times, for him to promise me, to never visit my characters on the first day, they get more than 200 life. And drop some uniques.

The last part is more than understandable. Terraria sets its limitations, that's why I would only suggest things I've seen implemented in other mods(not rip-offs, general concepts of course.)
I will then take some time tomorrow to make a draft of classless skill tree system that I've envisioned immediately after seeing how you implemented the skills.

You're seeing those in the mod because I'm also an old time WoW and Diablo player (though I've been on a long break recently) so I know what players like that want to see. :)

To be honest, I wanted to avoid skill trees because I think they're kinda limited but if you can work out a classless system, I'm all out for that.

Skill trees are both limiting and allow you to have more freedom at the same time. Locking some talents after 3 or 5 other skills can allow you to have otherwise OP skills(if you get them from the beginning) much more balanced.

Here is a small example, of what I have in mind. Heavily inspired by you "Mana on kills" skill.
On kills skills tree a.k.a Death for the Death God or whatever the name.
Description: A more fun and utility focused tree. Receive nice effects for doing what you do best in Terraria -> dividing everything by 0.
Although, this is a very rough draft I tried to maintain a semblance of balance. Receiving 1 Skill Point per 5 levels was taken as a base for amount of points available to the player.

Excitement(1/1) - Killing enemies grants you a shine buff for 3 seconds.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: General caves exploration, blood moons and overworld night travel in early->mid game.
Requirements: None. Entry point.
Reasoning: Good entry point to the tree. The skill itself gets much less useful as the game progresses(Light pets), but gives some decent utility in the early game, and in case you like using pets like Thorium mod's Omega Drive will stay useful for prolonged periods of time).

Bloodlust(1/1) - Killing enemies gives you regeneration buff for 10 seconds. (possibly not applying, if you already have a regeneration buff from potion)
Alternative: Make slain enemies spawn hearts more often.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: Potion brewing laziness. QoL in the early game.
Requirements: Excitement
Reasoning: Decent skill to have, especially if you are a melee. Should mostly help in the early game, but stays moderately useful all the way to Moon Lord. Especially if you are a lazy person, like me, who makes potions only for boss fights. Shouldn't be OP in boss fights, simply because you would prefer having a more reliable potion version of this effect.

(Not sure if this is possible)Exploding Rage(X/3) - Killing enemies with melee has a chance(10%/20%/30%) to result in their bodies exploding blood and gore dealing 10% of their maximum life in a medium sized area.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: Melee QoL on low AoE weapons. Events clearing.
Notes: If the skill is possible to implement, but there will be a problem with getting 10% max hp of killed mob, it can be exchanged for "XX% of your weapon damage".
Requirements: Excitement->Bloodlust
Reasoning: Fun! Also, should make some of the more powerful, but slower or less AoE weapons more useful. Also, if enemies killed will leave gore behind, like in Terraria Overhaul mod, this skill would be 20 times more awesome. But it's probably too much work for one skill.

Reaver(X/3) - Killing enemies has a chance (5%/10%/15%) to summon an ancient wraith(the one we all hate when we go to pwnhammer some demon altars) to crush your enemies for 30 seconds. Wraith damage is 15 summon damage * by skill level.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: An additional source of damage that puts some emphasis on melee/summoner hybrid builds.
Notes: Ideally, it shouldn't resurrect a wraith, when you already got one following you around and should scale with your +% minion damage. Also, if possible, it shouldn't take a minion slot. Or increase your summoning cap for the duration by one.
Reasoning: Again, it should be a pretty fun skill to have, to every gameplay style. Damage should be on a curve with game progress if we will continue to receive 1 skill point per 5 levels. Maybe it's even slightly underpowered. Then again, this skill has an upgrade.

Mana Addict(1/1) - Same as a talent you already implemented.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: Potion brewing laziness. Pre mana flower help. Post mana flower damage enhancement.
Reasoning: ... .

Energizing Kills(1/1) - Killing enemies with magic or summon damage grants you a stack of "Energized". After getting 20 stacks you receive a movement speed steroid and release low-damaging sparks with mediocre knockback on being hit(or for the duration of effect?) for 5 seconds.
Gameplay Enhancement Area: More movement speed and crowd control(mostly in events).
Requirements: Mana Addict
Reasoning: Pre-hardmode spellcasters could use some love in the mobility department. Panic amulet and its upgrade are also not quite the best accessories to compete for your slots.
Notes: some number tweaking must be involved, not to make this skill permanently active during events, yet powerful enough to make it worth investing a point into.

Soul Reaver: Your reaver minion applies a slow debuff on hit, and grants you effect of the hunter/night vision potion while it lasts. Additionally, you can now maintain two wraiths at ones.
Gameplay Enhancement Area: Power curve of the Reaver Skill.
Requirements: Excitement->Bloodlust->Reaver(3/3) and Excitement->Mana Addict
Reasoning: Make your wraith minion more useful in the mid to endgame, also improve the net worth of 3 skill points you invested into the Reaver skill previously.

Soul Reaver skill takes 7 points out of possibly available 50 points at level 200(which should pretty tedious to grind out). Its effects should be desirable enough to have for every build that intends to invest into "On Death Effects" skill tree, but not too powerful. In short, if you are going for Bloodlust and Mana addict at the same time, you might as well consider spending 3 points into the reaver skill to unlock the Soul Reaver skill. Or you are a summoner, and want "teh moar minionz."

Lastly. Again, this tree is a draft(which unexpectedly took quite some time to lay down). At the very least, from all the effects I've described, I don't even know which ones exactly you can implement at all, or without taking huge amounts of time to implement. Thank you to anyone who spent time reading this wall of text.

Skill trees are both limiting and allow you to have more freedom at the same time. Locking some talents after 3 or 5 other skills can allow you to have otherwise OP skills(if you get them from the beginning) much more balanced.

Here is a small example, of what I have in mind. Heavily inspired by you "Mana on kills" skill.
On kills skills tree a.k.a Death for the Death God or whatever the name.
Description: A more fun and utility focused tree. Receive nice effects for doing what you do best in Terraria -> dividing everything by 0.
Although, this is a very rough draft I tried to maintain a semblance of balance. Receiving 1 Skill Point per 5 levels was taken as a base for amount of points available to the player.

Excitement(1/1) - Killing enemies grants you a shine buff for 3 seconds.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: General caves exploration, blood moons and overworld night travel in early->mid game.
Requirements: None. Entry point.
Reasoning: Good entry point to the tree. The skill itself gets much less useful as the game progresses(Light pets), but gives some decent utility in the early game, and in case you like using pets like Thorium mod's Omega Drive will stay useful for prolonged periods of time).

Bloodlust(1/1) - Killing enemies gives you regeneration buff for 10 seconds. (possibly not applying, if you already have a regeneration buff from potion)
Alternative: Make slain enemies spawn hearts more often.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: Potion brewing laziness. QoL in the early game.
Reasoning: Decent skill to have, especially if you are a melee. Should mostly help in the early game, but stays moderately useful all the way to Moon Lord. Especially if you are a lazy person, like me, who makes potions only for boss fights. Shouldn't be OP in boss fights, simply because you would prefer having a more reliable potion version of this effect.

(Not sure if this is possible)Exploding Rage(X/3) - Killing enemies with melee has a chance(10%/20%/30%) to result in their bodies exploding blood and gore dealing 10% of their maximum life in a medium sized area.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: Melee QoL on low AoE weapons. Events clearing.
Notes: If the skill is possible to implement, but there will be a problem with getting 10% max hp of killed mob, it can be exchanged for "XX% of your weapon damage".
Reasoning: Fun! Also, should make some of the more powerful, but slower or less AoE weapons more useful. Also, if enemies killed will leave gore behind, like in Terraria Overhaul mod, this skill would be 20 times more awesome. But it's probably too much work for one skill.

Reaver(X/3) - Killing enemies has a chance (5%/10%/15%) to summon an ancient wraith(the one we all hate when we go to pwnhammer some demon altars) to crush your enemies for 30 seconds. Wraith damage is 15 summon damage * by skill level.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: An additional source of damage that puts some emphasis on melee/summoner hybrid builds.
Notes: Ideally, it shouldn't resurrect a wraith, when you already got one following you around and should scale with your +% minion damage. Also, if possible, it shouldn't take a minion slot. Or increase your summoning cap for the duration by one.
Reasoning: Again, it should be a pretty fun skill to have, to every gameplay style. Damage should be on a curve with game progress if we will continue to receive 1 skill point per 5 levels. Maybe it's even slightly underpowered. Then again, this skill has an upgrade.

Mana Addict(1/1) - Same as a talent you already implemented.
Gameplay Area Enhancement: Potion brewing laziness. Pre mana flower help. Post mana flower damage enhancement.
Reasoning: ... .

Energizing Kills(1/1) - Killing enemies with magic or summon damage grants you a stack of "Energized". After getting 20 stacks you receive a movement speed steroid and release low-damaging sparks with mediocre knockback on being hit(or for the duration of effect?) for 5 seconds.
Gameplay Enhancement Area: More movement speed and crowd control(mostly in events).
Requirements: Mana Addict
Reasoning: Pre-hardmode spellcasters could use some love in the mobility department. Panic amulet and its upgrade are also not quite the best accessories to compete for your slots.
Notes: some number tweaking must be involved, not to make this skill permanently active during events, yet powerful enough to make it worth investing a point into.

Soul Reaver: Your reaver minion applies a slow debuff on hit, and grants you effect of the hunter/night vision potion while it lasts. Additionally, you can now maintain two wraiths at ones.
Gameplay Enhancement Area: Power curve of the Reaver Skill.
Requirements: Excitement->Bloodlust->Reaver(3/3) and Excitement->Mana Addict
Reasoning: Make your wraith minion more useful in the mid to endgame, also improve the net worth of 3 skill points you invested into the Reaver skill previously.

Soul Reaver skill takes 7 points out of possibly available 50 points at level 200(which should pretty tedious to grind out). Its effects should be desirable enough to have for every build that intends to invest into "On Death Effects" skill tree, but not too powerful. In short, if you are going for Bloodlust and Mana addict at the same time, you might as well consider spending 3 points into the reaver skill to unlock the Soul Reaver skill. Or you are a summoner, and want "teh moar minionz."

Lastly. Again, this tree is a draft(which unexpectedly took quite some time to lay down). At the very least, from all the effects I've described, I don't even know which ones exactly you can implement at all, or without taking huge amounts of time to implement. Thank you to anyone who spent time reading this wall of text.

I'm liking these. In fact, the body explosion (nice reference to the D2 Necromancer btw) wouldn't be that hard to code, the "minion on kill" is somewhat harder and most of the time, it would take one minion slot.
Will start getting something out of these when critical problems are fixed. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm liking these. In fact, the body explosion (nice reference to the D2 Necromancer btw) wouldn't be that hard to code, the "minion on kill" is somewhat harder and most of the time, it would take one minion slot.
Will start getting something out of these when critical problems are fixed. Thank you.

I'm really glad that you liked my suggestions. If someday you will need a white board to throw your ideas at, pm at this forums, or just write in this thread. So far, I'm really enjoying playing with your mod. No new bugs spotted.

Edit: spelling.

I'm really glad that you liked my suggestions. If someday you will need a white board to throw your ideas at, pm at this forums, or just write in this thread. So far, I'm really enjoying playing with your mod. No new bugs spotted.

Edit: spelling.

No new bugs spotted? :eek: That's kinda calming and disturbing at once. It seems you found the critical ones, though.
What do you think of balance at the moment?

Well, can't say anything from the vanilla perspective. From the Calamity's Expert Revengeance point of view though, it is every bit as punishing as punishing as it was before. I killed 6 bosses currently, before advancing to the Eater of Worlds. Just upped level 20 regular and CRank 9. From the fun perspective, leveling may be just a tad too slow, from the balance perspective, it feels just right. I mean, with how leveling currently works, I'm still ways of getting 400 hp or mana. It is even somewhat painful that I need to pour points into intelligence and vitality at the beginning(or try to grab items with these stats). It will be more fun, though, cafter you flesh out the skills. Once they become "a skill point for a considerable upgrade", rather than "put 10 points here to have more mana regen". Power curve should be just right before level 100, easier pre 150 and ez mode 150-200. That's kinda the point of grinding though.

This mod adds stuff to think about(what stat should I go for, should I swap this awesome epic Spirit Mod charm for a mana flower, or continue to chug my pots manually? Never before playing as a caster, I would forgo a mana flower. Heresy!
What I would like to see, though, is some kind of an item that allows you to upgrade your items to uncommon/rare/etc. variants. Maybe chaos mobs can drop it? It could be content gaited behind vanilla Terraria's bosses. Like, chaos mobs drop only uncommon upgrades pre skeletron, rare after etc. ALso, wizard npc could sell a "de-leveling" scroll which wipes item to a common state.

Also, your mod makes my imagination go wild with things like "more than just chaos mobs". Maybe elites, that could drop tiered gear on death like in d3. But you will have to manually go over all of the mobs and armor pieces huge content packs add, which will be tedious, to say the least.(unless you add an easy to maintain framework and hire a slave to do this for you).

Oh, and, btw if you play with auto-pause turned on, open char sheet and pause the game, pressing "+" near the stats will apply everything correctly but won't show changes until you unpause.

TL DR underdeveloped but with huge potential. Adding to this, I considered diving in a Terraria modding myself, and offering you my help. but I have never before worked with XNA and considering IRL stuff, simply lack time to learn it in adequate amounts of time, to be of help. That said, I could do some grunt level work if you will need a helping hand.

Edit: spelling
Edit2: yeah it is slightly harder, if you gimped yourself with stats(I shot myself in the foot, when I poured 70 points into dex, because ranged damage and dodge, before going magic/summoning build after visiting the jungle) Otherwise, it should be the same level of difficulty all the way to level 40 I guess. Makes me think, that respecking should be available at level 1 onwards.

Last edited:
I'm having a loading problem with two of the mods. I can't load into the game at all when I have Vape Helper enabled, whether it be enabled alone, with the Vape RPG Mod, or with Thorium. No one else seems to be complaining so maybe I'm doing something wrong? Also, I can run the Vape RPG Mod, however the UI is extremely off. I have to put my cursor about two to three inches to the right and maybe an 8th of inch above where I actually want to click. I an manage to upgrade my skills, but using any other buttons beyond the large ones is nearly impossible for me. I am using an ultrawide monitor, so that might be whats causing it. I have tried using 1920x1080 resolution and many other that are lower, but the same issues persists. I really really love the way the levels and the entire systems works. I've been in search of some form of a progression and leveling mod and all of them either make you insanely over powered, or insanely underpowered, there is no middle ground. Hopefully this is just something funk on my end and I can tweak something to make this work! Kudos on the work by the way <3
[doublepost=1502150237,1502150176][/doublepost]
I'm having a loading problem with two of the mods. I can't load into the game at all when I have Vape Helper enabled, whether it be enabled alone, with the Vape RPG Mod, or with Thorium. No one else seems to be complaining so maybe I'm doing something wrong? Also, I can run the Vape RPG Mod, however the UI is extremely off. I have to put my cursor about two to three inches to the right and maybe an 8th of inch above where I actually want to click. I an manage to upgrade my skills, but using any other buttons beyond the large ones is nearly impossible for me. I am using an ultrawide monitor, so that might be whats causing it. I have tried using 1920x1080 resolution and many other that are lower, but the same issues persists. I really really love the way the levels and the entire systems works. I've been in search of some form of a progression and leveling mod and all of them either make you insanely over powered, or insanely underpowered, there is no middle ground. Hopefully this is just something funk on my end and I can tweak something to make this work! Kudos on the work by the way <3
Oops, I forgot to add the crash log.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at VapeHelper.VapePlayer.OnEnterWorld(Player player) in c:\Users\N3r0\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VapeHelper\VapePlayer.cs:line 98
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.OnEnterWorld(Int32 playerIndex)
at Terraria.Player.Hooks.EnterWorld(Int32 playerIndex)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

Well, can't say anything from the vanilla perspective. From the Calamity's Expert Revengeance point of view though, it is every bit as punishing as punishing as it was before. I killed 6 bosses currently, before advancing to the Eater of Worlds. Just upped level 20 regular and CRank 9. From the fun perspective, leveling may be just a tad too slow, from the balance perspective, it feels just right. I mean, with how leveling currently works, I'm still ways of getting 400 hp or mana. It is even somewhat painful that I need to pour points into intelligence and vitality at the beginning(or try to grab items with these stats). It will be more fun, though, cafter you flesh out the skills. Once they become "a skill point for a considerable upgrade", rather than "put 10 points here to have more mana regen". Power curve should be just right before level 100, easier pre 150 and ez mode 150-200. That's kinda the point of grinding though.

This mod adds stuff to think about(what stat should I go for, should I swap this awesome epic Spirit Mod charm for a mana flower, or continue to chug my pots manually? Never before playing as a caster, I would forgo a mana flower. Heresy!
What I would like to see, though, is some kind of an item that allows you to upgrade your items to uncommon/rare/etc. variants. Maybe chaos mobs can drop it? It could be content gaited behind vanilla Terraria's bosses. Like, chaos mobs drop only uncommon upgrades pre skeletron, rare after etc. ALso, wizard npc could sell a "de-leveling" scroll which wipes item to a common state.

Also, your mod makes my imagination go wild with things like "more than just chaos mobs". Maybe elites, that could drop tiered gear on death like in d3. But you will have to manually go over all of the mobs and armor pieces huge content packs add, which will be tedious, to say the least.(unless you add an easy to maintain framework and hire a slave to do this for you).

Oh, and, btw if you play with auto-pause turned on, open char sheet and pause the game, pressing "+" near the stats will apply everything correctly but won't show changes until you unpause.

TL DR underdeveloped but with huge potential. Adding to this, I considered diving in a Terraria modding myself, and offering you my help. but I have never before worked with XNA and considering IRL stuff, simply lack time to learn it in adequate amounts of time, to be of help. That said, I could do some grunt level work if you will need a helping hand.

Edit: spelling
Edit2: yeah it is slightly harder, if you gimped yourself with stats(I shot myself in the foot, when I poured 70 points into dex, because ranged damage and dodge, before going magic/summoning build after visiting the jungle) Otherwise, it should be the same level of difficulty all the way to level 40 I guess. Makes me think, that respecking should be available at level 1 onwards.

Yeah, leveling has to be slower than usual. Thing is, in vanilla Terraria, you can be really OP without levels. This could be worked around by rebalancing the stats of the mobs but I didn't want to do that as that would give arise to worse issues.

I already planned something similar to the D2 imbue mechanics (when you finished Quest 5 in Act 1), for a reasonable price. That may get implemented soon but the first is the respec.
I actually also thought of another mob "quality" other than chaos. Not neccessarily "elite" but something other. They'll be connected to getting better items (or qualities) for sure.

Yeah, I know about the pause problem but it doesn't seem like I can do anything about it as it's a vanilla mechanic. I'll try to look into that, though.

In fact, I could use a helping hand but mainly for ideas and you're already doing that. As for coding and stuff, I don't have any problems doing it myself (not saying I couldn't use someone's help but at the mod's current phase it's not really neccessary).

[doublepost=1502150237,1502150176][/doublepost]
Oops, I forgot to add the crash log.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at VapeHelper.VapePlayer.OnEnterWorld(Player player) in c:\Users\N3r0\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\VapeHelper\VapePlayer.cs:line 98
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.OnEnterWorld(Int32 playerIndex)
at Terraria.Player.Hooks.EnterWorld(Int32 playerIndex)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(Object threadContext)

Fixed the problem. That was a small mistake on my side. You didn't have the hotkey set for the panel and I was getting it when entering the world.

For the UI problem, I don't know what's going on, yet. Mainly because, as you said, when you set it to 1920x1080 (which is my native resolution, so everything works perfectly on that) the problem persits. Will try to fix this.

I found an error within the initialization of the mod. It has problems using the buttonpress3.mp3 file and gets disabled because of that. A fix to that would be appreciated. :D

I found an error within the initialization of the mod. It has problems using the buttonpress3.mp3 file and gets disabled because of that. A fix to that would be appreciated. :D
Most likely this is tml's bug. Try entering in the mods menu, in Terraria, then pressing back, without reloading the mods. Exit game, restart, everything should be fine.

Most likely this is tml's bug. Try entering in the mods menu, in Terraria, then pressing back, without reloading the mods. Exit game, restart, everything should be fine.

This.
In fact, it's a memory problem as Terraria on Windows is only 32 bit and thus can't handle more than 4 gb of RAM.

Back
Top Bottom