tModLoader VapeMods by FractalXX

(2 * ( 1 + 28 / ( 2 * 90 ) ) * 90 ) = 208
(2 * ( 1 + 28 / ( 180 ) ) * 90 ) = 208
(2 * ( 1 + 0.1555.. ) * 90 ) = 208
(2 * 1.1555... * 90 ) = 208

your mistake is that you are adding the 1 to the 28 before the division/multiplication.

Whoops, my bad. Dunno, for whatever reason I decided, there was a parenthesis.
Still, doesn't make sense how this fella spawned as chaos mob with 8k hp awarded me with millions worth of experience. That is unless chaos mobs formula is different.

Whoops, my bad. Dunno, for whatever reason I decided, there was a parenthesis.
Still, doesn't make sense how this fella spawned as chaos mob with 8k hp awarded me with millions worth of experience. That is unless chaos mobs formula is different.

Chaos mob formula is just an extension to the original.

gainedXp = gainedXp * (2 - 1 / chaosMultiplier)

The chaosMultiplier here is the overall power multiplier of the chaos mob. It's randomly choosen from an interval of [3; 5].

I found something interesting:
After beating mechanic skeletron at lvl 11:
Terraria 08.11.2017 - 14.36.23.02.png
When im reach over 146lvl:
Terraria 08.11.2017 - 14.20.00.01.png

Also stats from our support mod Vape loot are little powerfull (first look dont argue)
Edit: Vape loot if you have a little patient you can got army over 30 minions (summoner op)

I found something interesting:
After beating mechanic skeletron at lvl 11:
View attachment 179773
When im reach over 146lvl:
View attachment 179772

Also stats from our support mod Vape loot are little powerfull (first look dont argue)
Edit: Vape loot if you have a little patient you can got army over 30 minions (summoner op)

Wait, what is the white "You have reached level x" text? That's not from my mod. From the looks of it, it's Experience and Classes, right? It's not recommended to use two RPG mods at once, in my opinion.
Vape loot is not meant to be used along with this.
I already fixed the negative xp bug, it'll be out in the next update.

Wait, what is the white "You have reached level x" text? That's not from my mod. From the looks of it, it's Experience and Classes, right? It's not recommended to use two RPG mods at once, in my opinion.
Vape loot is not meant to be used along with this.
I already fixed the negative xp bug, it'll be out in the next update.
Experience and classes and vaperpg fortunately work well together. or well.. they dont break each other. balancing is another issue, but thats something people have to deal with themselves.

Experience and classes and vaperpg fortunately work well together. or well.. they dont break each other. balancing is another issue, but thats something people have to deal with themselves.

I'm kinda surprised at that.
Well, having tons of mods breaks the balance already (at least with lots of content mods).

EDIT: The huge xp gain from pseudo bosses (which means that they are meant to be bosses but for some reason they're not labeled as bosses in the game code) is fixed, will be in the next update also.
From now on, mobs which have equal to or more than 1000 HP the xp gain formula is the same as it is for bosses (hp/2).

Are there any differences to formula between ordinary mobs and bosses? Also, any eta on next update? :3

For your curiosity, here's a little update on the skill tree:
lXZzglZ.png

Last edited:
any estimate for the next update? im sort of interested in including it into my current run now that the experience issues seem to be resolved.

I'd like to ditch out a huge update right now so the update is scheduled at next Friday. That's the farthest I'm going for so it means it might be out one or two days earlier.
In short, it's a hundred percent certain that it will be available at Friday.

Expect lots of fixes and changes.

In fact, I would've uploaded a quick update for the xp issue if it had been noticed earlier. I can't update right now as (due to the changes) the mod wouldn't be functioning for players.
Sadly, this is the way development works. :(

Last edited:
I'm kinda surprised at that.
Well, having tons of mods breaks the balance already (at least with lots of content mods).

EDIT: The huge xp gain from pseudo bosses (which means that they are meant to be bosses but for some reason they're not labeled as bosses in the game code) is fixed, will be in the next update also.
From now on, mobs which have equal to or more than 1000 HP the xp gain formula is the same as it is for bosses (hp/2).

For your curiosity, here's a little update on the skill tree:
lXZzglZ.png

Ohhhhh! Can't wait! This looks so (shexy).... ahem, ARPG-like! Thank you for posting an update. Will there be more than 2 skill trees? Can't help myself, but really get hyped with that teaser. Shame it's scheduled all the way on next Friday. If you will need an alpha tester, you know where to look for :D

Ohhhhh! Can't wait! This looks so (shexy).... ahem, ARPG-like! Thank you for posting an update. Will there be more than 2 skill trees? Can't help myself, but really get hyped with that teaser. Shame it's scheduled all the way on next Friday. If you will need an alpha tester, you know where to look for :D

Of course. I'm currently planning 3 for this update but it'll surely grow further later.
Sadly, I have to work a lot on that stuff (new skills, whole new UI, etc.) and I'd like them to be good. To implement only the skill tree's system took 3 days.
Also... I can't sprite. ;(
That means drawing UI graphics takes more time for me.

I'm counting on you. :)

Of course. I'm currently planning 3 for this update but it'll surely grow further later.
Sadly, I have to work a lot on that stuff (new skills, whole new UI, etc.) and I'd like them to be good. To implement only the skill tree's system took 3 days.
Also... I can't sprite. ;(
That means drawing UI graphics takes more time for me.

I'm counting on you. :)

Kinda sad, but I can't sprite for my life either. :( But there are more than enough good spriters on these forums, and I'm sure some of them will be interested in your mod.
Btw, can you temporarily implement commands like /addlevel, /decreaseexp etc for the next update? It will really help catching bugs and trying to help you balance out the mod.

Kinda sad, but I can't sprite for my life either. :( But there are more than enough good spriters on these forums, and I'm sure some of them will be interested in your mod.
Btw, can you temporarily implement commands like /addlevel, /decreaseexp etc for the next update? It will really help catching bugs and trying to help you balance out the mod.

There is already a /xp [amount] command hidden in the mod code that gives you xp, you can use that. With that you don't really need /addlevel.
I'm actually thinking of creating an extension for HERO's mod so if the player has it, they can tinker with VapeRPG's stuff, too.

There is already a /xp [amount] command hidden in the mod code that gives you xp, you can use that. With that you don't really need /addlevel.
I'm actually thinking of creating an extension for HERO's mod so if the player has it, they can tinker with VapeRPG's stuff, too.

Ah, okay. Then there should be no problems with testing then. Never used HERO's mod, but then again, I'm not playing multiplayer. Will install it though, for testing purposes, if you release one, no problem.

Ah, okay. Then there should be no problems with testing then. Never used HERO's mod, but then again, I'm not playing multiplayer. Will install it though, for testing purposes, if you release one, no problem.

That's far in the future though. For now, we'll stick to commands.

That's far in the future though. For now, we'll stick to commands.

Well, good luck coding anyway. Really looking forward to the day this mod gets released with glorious v1.0.
(Although who am I kidding, just any update would be welcome :D)
Seriously though, currently this looks like insta-include in all of my future Terraria games.

Well, good luck coding anyway. Really looking forward to the day this mod gets released with glorious v1.0.
(Although who am I kidding, just any update would be welcome :D)
Seriously though, currently this looks like insta-include in all of my future Terraria games.

I'm glad you like it. :)

If you're interested, here are some of the features I've been planning for the future:
- Respeccing (of course)
- Weapon enchants (minor bonuses to the weapon's stat basically and the reason I'll only implement them for weapons is the lack of quality for them + armor/accessories already have bonuses)
- Something like scroll skills (the ones you see in Torchlight, not critical skills of course, just minor) which will be equippable (there'll be 4 slots for them). Those will be really rare though and you'll really have to dedicate yourself to obtaining one if you want it.
Those 4 slots will have to be assigned to the keyboard. (default: QWER)
- XP bonus potion cause why not? Seriously though, Terraria is 50% about potions.
- Another potion for increasing the chance of chaos mobs? (maybe not a good idea, cause of Battle Potion or even Reduced Grinding's war potion)
- Item imbuing for a really expensive price (not coins, of course, something other)

Also, I plan to reach v1.0 as soon as multiplayer gets 100% functional. It (kind of) works already but has some problems/bugs. The most notable is that chaos mobs don't get synced between clients well. While the mob gets transformed for one of the players, it won't show to others.

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it. :)

If you're interested, here are some of the features I've been planning for the future:
- Respeccing (of course)
- Weapon enchants (minor bonuses to the weapon's stat basically and the reason I'll only implement them for weapons is the lack of quality for them + armor/accessories already have bonuses)
- Something like scroll skills (the ones you see in Torchlight, not critical skills of course, just minor) which will be equippable (there'll be 4 slots for them). Those will be really rare though and you'll really have to dedicate yourself to obtaining one if you want it.
- XP bonus potion cause why not? Seriously though, Terraria is 50% about potions.
- Another potion for increasing the chance of chaos mobs? (maybe not a good idea, cause of Battle Potion or even Reduced Grinding's war potion)
- Item imbuing for a really expensive price (not coins, of course, something other)

Also, I plan to reach v1.0 as soon as multiplayer gets 100% functional. It (kind of) works already but has some problems/bugs. The most notable is that chaos mobs don't get synced between clients well. While the mob gets transformed for one of the players, it won't show to others.

using QWER as default for hotkeys is not really that good of an idea, as a lot of people use these for controls already. maybe NUM keys?

about the syncing... afaik there hasnt been anyone able to fix that 100%.. best guess would be that you have to make the triggers for applying chaos to a monster serverside. that might work for multiplayer, but the client might not be able to fetch the "chaos" then. i dunno if anyone was able to fix that issue yet. im not even sure if the dev of Enemy Affixes got it to work properly... my last MP run has been a while

using QWER as default for hotkeys is not really that good of an idea, as a lot of people use these for controls already. maybe NUM keys?

about the syncing... afaik there hasnt been anyone able to fix that 100%.. best guess would be that you have to make the triggers for applying chaos to a monster serverside. that might work for multiplayer, but the client might not be able to fetch the "chaos" then. i dunno if anyone was able to fix that issue yet. im not even sure if the dev of Enemy Affixes got it to work properly... my last MP run has been a while

Maybe. They would be just default keys though so you could set them to anything.
So it's a global TML problem? I haven't expected this.

Throwing a random idea. How about WoW-styled enchantment? You can craft scrolls tiered by default Terraria's progression.
Tier 1: Pre-Skeletron.
Recipes something like mana star + cloth(because we don't have any paper) + gems or whatever.
Possible effects would be a +single stat of uncommon power. Maybe with a ruby, it could allow you to apply "On fire!" with a melee swing. (Flaming swords basics of rpg-genre 101)
Tier 2: Pre-Hardmode
Books, water candles, and gems. Theoretically, you can raid the dungeon and get a few books, and maybe a candle pre-Skeletron, but I'm cool with that. You can find water bolt in the same way after all.
+single stat rare. More potent versions of "On Fire!" and "Frostburn"(basic) for all weapons.
Tier 3: Hardmode
Souls, crystals, ichor/cursed flames and spellbooks. For stat enchantments - gems. Also, this way gems will be useful all the way to the Moon Lord.
+stat rare and a random stat of uncommon quality. Ichor or cursed flames on hit(guess, which one of them everyone is going to use ;) Crimson ftw.)
Tier 4: Post-Plantera
Lyzhard power cells(doesn't require you to kill a golem), Ectoplasm, spellbooks. Gems for stats.
+stat epic and a random stat of rare quality. Also, the love of my life enchantments aka Moongoose. Random chances on hit to receive a buff which raises crit chance/"main" stat/movement speed/jump height/velocity etc. "Proccing" +stat enchantments should result in a bigger buff, but be inconsistent.
Tier 5: Pillars
Those four pillar fragments, Martian plating(?). Gems for stats.
+stat legendary and a random epic or two random rares. "Proc chants".

Scrolls target the first item at the upper left(as usual with this kind of mods). Maybe craftable at enchantment table(any table + cloth + mana star?).
Again, your mod makes my imagination go wild with possibilities. If you do like the idea, however, maybe it could also be applied to armor and accessories. This way, the player is less susceptible to rng and more to grind. Dunno about the chaos mobs drops, though. That is, if you ever intended for them to drop enchantment items in the first place, though.

Sounds really cool. But I have no idea what so ever, what this effects could be. Would love to hear more about this topic, if you don't mind sharing some spoilers. ;)

This one is tough. I myself play on Calamity's Revengeance mode(more spawn rate, although, I don't know how much precisely) and use a demon trophy(x1.25 spawn rate). Throw a battle potion in here, and basically, you have a bloodmoon+ everywhere you go. On the other hand, it doesn't increase chaos mobs spawn rates specifically.
Anyway, between the Reduced Grinding's war potion, battle potion, Calamity's spawn rates and Fargo's Mutant Mod's War Banner(x10 spawn rate!) there is more than enough grinding enhancements already on this forum.

Same as with the scrolls sounds cool, but I have no idea what you mean specifically by this.

In regards to what ShuVi said about the topic.
Any way to implement a timer that just turns next mob that spawns after a period of 10 seconds into a chaos mob, and then sync the timer itself between clients and server? And then you can implement "bloodmoon" like effect that reduces this time period. I have no idea how these things work in Terraria and this is quite a choppy way to implement something, but I guess this is better than nothing? Or just really make an event like a bloodmoon that turns everything into chaos mobs, can occur both "natural" and be called upon, and call it a day?
But I'm totally just throwing random workarounds here.

Attached is my random spriting attempt of what enchanting table could look like. RIP diabolic Sigil.

RandomAttemptAtSpriting.png

Throwing a random idea. How about WoW-styled enchantment? You can craft scrolls tiered by default Terraria's progression.
Tier 1: Pre-Skeletron.
Recipes something like mana star + cloth(because we don't have any paper) + gems or whatever.
Possible effects would be a +single stat of uncommon power. Maybe with a ruby, it could allow you to apply "On fire!" with a melee swing. (Flaming swords basics of rpg-genre 101)
Tier 2: Pre-Hardmode
Books, water candles, and gems. Theoretically, you can raid the dungeon and get a few books, and maybe a candle pre-Skeletron, but I'm cool with that. You can find water bolt in the same way after all.
+single stat rare. More potent versions of "On Fire!" and "Frostburn"(basic) for all weapons.
Tier 3: Hardmode
Souls, crystals, ichor/cursed flames and spellbooks. For stat enchantments - gems. Also, this way gems will be useful all the way to the Moon Lord.
+stat rare and a random stat of uncommon quality. Ichor or cursed flames on hit(guess, which one of them everyone is going to use ;) Crimson ftw.)
Tier 4: Post-Plantera
Lyzhard power cells(doesn't require you to kill a golem), Ectoplasm, spellbooks. Gems for stats.
+stat epic and a random stat of rare quality. Also, the love of my life enchantments aka Moongoose. Random chances on hit to receive a buff which raises crit chance/"main" stat/movement speed/jump height/velocity etc. "Proccing" +stat enchantments should result in a bigger buff, but be inconsistent.
Tier 5: Pillars
Those four pillar fragments, Martian plating(?). Gems for stats.
+stat legendary and a random epic or two random rares. "Proc chants".

Scrolls target the first item at the upper left(as usual with this kind of mods). Maybe craftable at enchantment table(any table + cloth + mana star?).
Again, your mod makes my imagination go wild with possibilities. If you do like the idea, however, maybe it could also be applied to armor and accessories. This way, the player is less susceptible to rng and more to grind. Dunno about the chaos mobs drops, though. That is, if you ever intended for them to drop enchantment items in the first place, though.

Sounds really cool. But I have no idea what so ever, what this effects could be. Would love to hear more about this topic, if you don't mind sharing some spoilers. ;)

This one is tough. I myself play on Calamity's Revengeance mode(more spawn rate, although, I don't know how much precisely) and use a demon trophy(x1.25 spawn rate). Throw a battle potion in here, and basically, you have a bloodmoon+ everywhere you go. On the other hand, it doesn't increase chaos mobs spawn rates specifically.
Anyway, between the Reduced Grinding's war potion, battle potion, Calamity's spawn rates and Fargo's Mutant Mod's War Banner(x10 spawn rate!) there is more than enough grinding enhancements already on this forum.

Same as with the scrolls sounds cool, but I have no idea what you mean specifically by this.

In regards to what ShuVi said about the topic.
Any way to implement a timer that just turns next mob that spawns after a period of 10 seconds into a chaos mob, and then sync the timer itself between clients and server? And then you can implement "bloodmoon" like effect that reduces this time period. I have no idea how these things work in Terraria and this is quite a choppy way to implement something, but I guess this is better than nothing? Or just really make an event like a bloodmoon that turns everything into chaos mobs, can occur both "natural" and be called upon, and call it a day?
But I'm totally just throwing random workarounds here.

Attached is my random spriting attempt of what enchanting table could look like. RIP diabolic Sigil.

View attachment 179877

Enchants will be almost exactly what you're suggesting here. They wouldn't provide stat bonuses for the character though, only for the weapon itself (like +damage, knockback, etc.). That's because in Terraria weapons are not equipped and it wouldn't be so logical to implement equip bonuses for them. It can be done and it's not so hard but it would kinda "break the rules". I'm trying to maintain a little "faithfulness" to the base game basically.
Also, it'll be a good substitute for reforging cause I don't really like the concept of it in the game (mainly because of RNG).

Now that you mentioned gems here, I'll also reveal another concept I've thought of:
Weapons would have one socket, in which you can put gems. They wouldn't provide damage bonuses, or any stuff like that, they would determine the secondary type of damage the weapon does.
To understand the concept of secondary damage types, we should define what the primary is. It's the class specific damage (melee, ranged, magic, etc.). The secondary is the type of element that's used (Fire, Lightning, Frost, etc.). For reference, see Diablo 2 damage types.
There would be a tile for that as well, the Socketer. I don't have any concept of it yet, though.

Scrolls would provide minor utility skills, some would also do (a little) damage, some wouldn't. Think of a fear skill in WoW for example.
To put it simply, I'd like to make some active skills that really contribute to your success but they shouldn't be your main source of damage.

To understand item imbuing, see Diablo 2 ACT1 Quest 5 reward.

At the current phase of the mod I don't really have a specific answer for your Multiplayer suggestion. Not that I don't want to answer it, I simply don't know how I'll do it, yet. There's already a chunk of code in the mod that syncs chaos npcs immediately after they transform; it's just not tested entirely and is not completed.

I like the sprite though. I guess I'll use it for the enchantment table, if you allow it.

All of these stuff is scheduled for the v0.4 update. I'm working on v0.3 right now which is the skill/UI revamp I've mentioned earlier along with a bunch of bug fixes.

Back
Top Bottom