tModLoader VapeMods by FractalXX

Done. Scaling really is better with your tip. Awfull explosions are 100% gorier(and awful), didn't touch the wraiths, because I hadn't scaled them originally. Added Energizing kills. Originally intended to add electrical arcs around the star, but it looks too messy in 64 by 64 frame. Will also finally have the time to test worm bosses today about their chaos parts.

Here are the new skill trees and the new UI finished.
Icons are not here yet because those will be the last. First task is to finish the functionality of each skill.
The Reaper tree is basically done except for Reaver and Soul Reaver. Those are a little bit problematic and will take time.

Rkmpq2S.png

KlCl4LC.png

21jphHa.png

Here are the new skill trees and the new UI finished.
Icons are not here yet because those will be the last. First task is to finish the functionality of each skill.
The Reaper tree is basically done except for Reaver and Soul Reaver. Those are a little bit problematic and will take time.

This looks fantastic! UI is clean and very Terraria. Can't wait to play with the newest addition.

This looks fantastic! UI is clean and very Terraria. Can't wait to play with the newest addition.

Yeah, I had to change the whole UI to a vanilla styled one as it's easier to handle/maintain. It also fits better.
Thought Energizing Kills will be quite complicated but it didn't take more than 10 minutes actually:
noUqeK5.gif

EDIT: Finished the Power tree as well. One more to go. (did only a small amount of testing, though)

Last edited:
Yeah, I had to change the whole UI to a vanilla styled one as it's easier to handle/maintain. It also fits better.
Thought Energizing Kills will be quite complicated but it didn't take more than 10 minutes actually:

EDIT: Finished the Power tree as well. One more to go. (did only a small amount of testing, though)

I like the sparkling effect on he character, but explosions are quite overpowering. I'd suggest toning the graphics down a bit. Otherwise, looks great.

I like the sparkling effect on he character, but explosions are quite overpowering. I'd suggest toning the graphics down a bit. Otherwise, looks great.

Oh, forgot to mention, the circle is not from Energizing Kills. It's a whole other skill, I just tested some of them and left points on it.

Skills are all finished. So are icons for them.
Doing last fix ups.

It will be ready for tomorrow's update.

That's something.
Exploding Rage is what happens when I try to actually draw. As I hadn't found something that would be meaningful in Terraria, I hadn't included the excitement skill.
Hope a proper spriter drops in this thread on one of these days.
Meanwhile, if you need help with raiding Terraria's wiki, I can produce more stuff like that. But I need skill names and descriptions.

Edit: Sorry for a double.

On a side note: Reaver/Soul Reaver had to be replaced to avoid complications with the game itself.
Problem is, it can be done on a technical level but it would interfere with other minions.
Also, if a player summons a minion when Reaver is active, it will replace the wraith.

So I replaced the skill with something similar which doesn't involve minions but uses summoner stats.

Last edited:
Skills are all finished. So are icons for them.
Doing last fix ups.

It will be ready for tomorrow's update.

On a side note: Reaver/Soul Reaver had to be replaced to avoid complications with the game itself.
Problem is, it can be done on a technical level but it would interfere with other minions.
Also, if a player summons a minion when Reaver is active, it will replace the wraith.

So I replaced the skill with something similar which doesn't involve minions but uses summoner stats.

Well, my metaphorical knife and fork are ready. It is also very nice to have the update right before the weekend. I'm wondering, have you found fixed the worm mobs bug?

Well, my metaphorical knife and fork are ready. It is also very nice to have the update right before the weekend. I'm wondering, have you found fixed the worm mobs bug?

I manually prohibited vanilla worms and similar mobs from transforming. That basically means I have a huge list in the code which contains IDs that must not be transformed.
On top of that, there are some checks for names, too (like if the name contains "body" or "tail" or "head"), which will further soldify the restrictions (hopefully).

Also, any xp related fix I've done since the last update will be included, like the xp overflow when killing Skeletron Prime's parts and such.

EDIT: prohibited* not permitted, lol

Last edited:
hi, can you add a "cheat" method that allow you to get any disired combination of mods that CAN ONLY be rolled by constantly getting the item, like if you obtain an item with strength and vitatality but you want the item to have int, spirit and vitatlity instead which can happened through normal means. i don't want to add stat combinations that cannot acure from finding the items but rather see what the best possible outcome is by combining it with the other extra stats on item mods out there

The update is near. A little tweaking and it's out.

hi, can you add a "cheat" method that allow you to get any disired combination of mods that CAN ONLY be rolled by constantly getting the item, like if you obtain an item with strength and vitatality but you want the item to have int, spirit and vitatlity instead which can happened through normal means. i don't want to add stat combinations that cannot acure from finding the items but rather see what the best possible outcome is by combining it with the other extra stats on item mods out there

Noted. Will add a debug menu later that will do exactly that along with other things.

EDIT: v0.3 is out. Changelog in the mod's description or the OP.
New characters are recommended for the new update because of the new skills.

Last edited:

Noted. Will add a debug menu later that will do exactly that along with other things.

cheers. look forward to seeing new stuff

First of all, thank you for all the work you put into this mod. And for your german-like punctuality with delivering the updates.

Okay, here we go.
1)My terrible mistake. Dunno, what I was thinking about. Exploding rage's position on a skill tree is terrible.
It forces the pure summoner/caster who wants the shield skill to go out of their way and grab a melee focused skill.
Suggestion: Fork Exploding rage from the Rage skill. Make energizing kills a requirement for Static Field. Basically, consolidate the tree to three branches.
2)Static field(unupgraded version) gives upgraded versions buffs. Also, taking the High voltage field instantly sets a duration to 30 seconds, making additional skill points in Static Field redundant.
3)High voltage field. I like the idea of shields, very much so, but the previous iteration simply sat better with the night vision and hunter buffs.
Suggestion: Remove night owl and hunter buffs, and maybe make it so, that upon taking fatal damage, the player instead gets defibrillated, returning him to 50 hp? 5 Minute cooldown.
4)Energizing kills can proc twice(or more), taking up two buff slots. I doubt it's a real problem, considering I had x30 spawn rates. Still, there is that.
5)Intellect stat. Can't help but seriously dislike it. If you are attempting a mage playthrough, dumping 300 points into it(which is 60 levels worth of experience!) feels very restricting. Especially in the content of stats like strength or agility.
Suggestion: remove the stat, and give decent perlvl bonuses on level ups. I would argue that around level 20 the player should have 200 mana.
6)Vitality, more or less the same, but to incentivize the players to put points in this stat, maybe give 2 def every 50 levels, or 1 hp regen. This way, there will be visual break points, making a decision-making process of when "enough is enough" easier.
7)On the note of static shield buff rework, if you ever get around to it, I would also swap x-ray vision's spelunker effect with hunter potion effect. Sounds very predator to me.
8)Worms seem fixed(mods included)
9)Exp seems fixed.

That's all I can tell for now, when I get home, I will begin a melee playthrough from scratch and maybe playtest with a cheat sheet some more.

Edit: /xp command tells me I'm not authorised to use it :(

First of all, thank you for all the work you put into this mod. And for your german-like punctuality with delivering the updates.

Okay, here we go.
1)My terrible mistake. Dunno, what I was thinking about. Exploding rage's position on a skill tree is terrible.
It forces the pure summoner/caster who wants the shield skill to go out of their way and grab a melee focused skill.
Suggestion: Fork Exploding rage from the Rage skill. Make energizing kills a requirement for Static Field. Basically, consolidate the tree to three branches.
2)Static field(unupgraded version) gives upgraded versions buffs. Also, taking the High voltage field instantly sets a duration to 30 seconds, making additional skill points in Static Field redundant.
3)High voltage field. I like the idea of shields, very much so, but the previous iteration simply sat better with the night vision and hunter buffs.
Suggestion: Remove night owl and hunter buffs, and maybe make it so, that upon taking fatal damage, the player instead gets defibrillated, returning him to 50 hp? 5 Minute cooldown.
4)Energizing kills can proc twice(or more), taking up two buff slots. I doubt it's a real problem, considering I had x30 spawn rates. Still, there is that.
5)Intellect stat. Can't help but seriously dislike it. If you are attempting a mage playthrough, dumping 300 points into it(which is 60 levels worth of experience!) feels very restricting. Especially in the content of stats like strength or agility.
Suggestion: remove the stat, and give decent perlvl bonuses on level ups. I would argue that around level 20 the player should have 200 mana.
6)Vitality, more or less the same, but to incentivize the players to put points in this stat, maybe give 2 def every 50 levels, or 1 hp regen. This way, there will be visual break points, making a decision-making process of when "enough is enough" easier.
7)On the note of static shield buff rework, if you ever get around to it, I would also swap x-ray vision's spelunker effect with hunter potion effect. Sounds very predator to me.
8)Worms seem fixed(mods included)
9)Exp seems fixed.

That's all I can tell for now, when I get home, I will begin a melee playthrough from scratch and maybe playtest with a cheat sheet some more.

Edit: /xp command tells me I'm not authorised to use it :(

Noted all of these. I'm going to be on a little break throughout the weekend but I'll start working on it next week.
I forgot to mention that to use the /xp command your character's name have to be "vapetest", all lower case.

i have a lot of things to say about what i feel for the mod, way too many but that's not an insult but rather, i feel a lot of the stats are potentially overpowered and the way the new skill tree looks is very build based.

i use a lot of mods and this is what i have problems with:
1. ways of getting mana and ammo consumation should be more optional on the tree rather then blocking important nodes behind, this is a reference to the future as well.
the reason for such a change is simple that as i'm running a lot of mods, i can more easily sustain mana and with the way you can get mana regeneration from the mod, it becomes less relavent for such nodes to exist.

2. dodge is potentially overpowered.
3. movement speed is dull and boring.
4. agility should provide movement, melee speed, velocity, firing speed and cast speed, simple named: Haste.
5. minions are too easy to get in this mod, focus on making them harder to get on equipment.
6. spirit should have a slight boost to the rate you get more minions, going down to 1 per 50, 75 or somewhere between, this is mainly because i would rather want to actually do anything and get a stat that helps ME do damage then focus on improving my minions, just getting 100 will take over 15 levels.
7. in order to once again counteract spirit on gear providing 2 minions on later levels, the rate of which you get all the stats should be decreased by atleast 50% as all stats to some extent have too big of an impact at this stage and you could easily get over 400 life before you finish pre-hardmode. (note: attributes are better then procent stats on gear, they should be equal)

8. excitement and x.ray hits are pretty stupid and i think it would fit better if you have a change to trigger these buffs when you mine or hit a block.
9. reapers rage buffs are both melee based and are blocking 3 none melee nodes which could help other classes, these buffs should be put in their own little section and leave the other effects out, for example, move exploding rage to overkill and the other way around.
10. as probably said before, regen and mana nodes should be moved to their own section or a side path or at the end of a path, in theory, early on they will be useful but concidering i don't know of a way to reset points, you will end up having them forever even with infinite mana. (most likely mana addict and overkill would be affected)
11. shredder repeats reapers mistake by blocking an interesting node and being potentially useless for high mana sustain or unlimited mana builds.
12. titan grip and hawk eye have a bad synergy due to the fact they might cause the enemy to fall ofscreen or even despawn which is still unlikely, for the most part you can afford to have enemies slightly closer to you then ofscreen.
13. ammo hoarding is like earlier nodes, blocking an important or interesting node.
14. power. kickstart "more" crit chance? not increased?
15. first touch questionable. what if dot damage deals damage to the mob, what if a minion hits?
16. the way you go from 70% to 20% to 100% is kind of odd...
17. aggro is not a good stat, it's only good in multiplayer but there are a lot of aggro mechanics to be found everywhere and i think it would be better as an optional node.
18. 5%/10% reflect is nothing.
19. strengthen, 5% is nothing
i'm not too sure what else to be said about these nodes, i would however suggest more nodes and a bigger path but i believe that's an obvious improvement for the future.
after all of this, i question if it was worth it since i for the most part isn't 100% helping, concidering i'm using a bunch of mods while playing.

i have a lot of things to say about what i feel for the mod, way too many but that's not an insult but rather, i feel a lot of the stats are potentially overpowered and the way the new skill tree looks is very build based.

i use a lot of mods and this is what i have problems with:
1. ways of getting mana and ammo consumation should be more optional on the tree rather then blocking important nodes behind, this is a reference to the future as well.
the reason for such a change is simple that as i'm running a lot of mods, i can more easily sustain mana and with the way you can get mana regeneration from the mod, it becomes less relavent for such nodes to exist.

2. dodge is potentially overpowered.
3. movement speed is dull and boring.
4. agility should provide movement, melee speed, velocity, firing speed and cast speed, simple named: Haste.
5. minions are too easy to get in this mod, focus on making them harder to get on equipment.
6. spirit should have a slight boost to the rate you get more minions, going down to 1 per 50, 75 or somewhere between, this is mainly because i would rather want to actually do anything and get a stat that helps ME do damage then focus on improving my minions, just getting 100 will take over 15 levels.
7. in order to once again counteract spirit on gear providing 2 minions on later levels, the rate of which you get all the stats should be decreased by atleast 50% as all stats to some extent have too big of an impact at this stage and you could easily get over 400 life before you finish pre-hardmode. (note: attributes are better then procent stats on gear, they should be equal)

8. excitement and x.ray hits are pretty stupid and i think it would fit better if you have a change to trigger these buffs when you mine or hit a block.
9. reapers rage buffs are both melee based and are blocking 3 none melee nodes which could help other classes, these buffs should be put in their own little section and leave the other effects out, for example, move exploding rage to overkill and the other way around.
10. as probably said before, regen and mana nodes should be moved to their own section or a side path or at the end of a path, in theory, early on they will be useful but concidering i don't know of a way to reset points, you will end up having them forever even with infinite mana. (most likely mana addict and overkill would be affected)
11. shredder repeats reapers mistake by blocking an interesting node and being potentially useless for high mana sustain or unlimited mana builds.
12. titan grip and hawk eye have a bad synergy due to the fact they might cause the enemy to fall ofscreen or even despawn which is still unlikely, for the most part you can afford to have enemies slightly closer to you then ofscreen.
13. ammo hoarding is like earlier nodes, blocking an important or interesting node.
14. power. kickstart "more" crit chance? not increased?
15. first touch questionable. what if dot damage deals damage to the mob, what if a minion hits?
16. the way you go from 70% to 20% to 100% is kind of odd...
17. aggro is not a good stat, it's only good in multiplayer but there are a lot of aggro mechanics to be found everywhere and i think it would be better as an optional node.
18. 5%/10% reflect is nothing.
19. strengthen, 5% is nothing
i'm not too sure what else to be said about these nodes, i would however suggest more nodes and a bigger path but i believe that's an obvious improvement for the future.
after all of this, i question if it was worth it since i for the most part isn't 100% helping, concidering i'm using a bunch of mods while playing.

I really appreciate your opinion. Skills were kinda rushed sadly, as I had to release the update quickly (mostly because of the bug fixes, those were more important), of course it needs tweaking/improvement.

1. Didn't take mods into consideration, yet. The reason is that even this mod is in a very early stage. The focus is on this, I'll only really start thinking of other mods later. I actually did some tweaking for other mods but those were mostly fixes for incompatibilities.
On the other hand, good point.
2. It is, tried to nerf it a lot and I still have to do it further.
3. I don't quite understand what you mean by this. There's only one skill which affects movement speed and that's Energizing Kills (and it's only minor, the real point of that skill is the defensive effect).
4. You're right. Thought of fire speed/casting speed. I didn't really find out how to affect it code-wise. What can be modified directly are melee speed and thrown velocity, only.
5. I agree. I'll have to change the way Spirit works.
6. I also thought of that and will change this soon.
7. You're right. Stat bonuses would've been nerfed anyway.
8. That would introduce some system related problems. It can be done technically, though.
9. You're right. I didn't intend to make this tree layout as the final, though.
10. Will change the branches slightly. Respeccing will come in the next update, though.
11. Same.
12. A little nerf on Titan Grip will do the trick, I guess.
13. Above.
14. Broken English. My mistake.
15. I was also hesitating while implementing this skill. I see two options here:
- Make it so that it doesn't strictly apply when the enemy has max health but rather on your real first hit. (some bugs could arise)
- Make it so that it applies when you haven't used any of your weapons for a while (idle time).

16. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.
17. Aggro will be cut out, it's just a placeholder for the time being.
18. More would be too much for high damage mobs. Still, I kinda agree.
19. Agreed.

Just wanted to let you know that mobs which change forms (spider mobs, Lost Girl/Nymph) lose their chaos state on doing so. modifiers seem to stay though. its just the chaos tag which allows the gain of chaos exp in the end.

Back
Top Bottom