tModLoader VapeRPG Alpha v0.3

Should the skill tree get more linear? (only one prerequisite for every skill)

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
having an issue, I receive my 5 stat points whenever I level up but don't get a skill point (I got the skill point you start with but after that nothing)

Good job so far. Yet to play it.
Want to see how spellscroll system will play out in your interation.
If I manage to graduate from college now, I'll roll out the update during the summer.

having an issue, I receive my 5 stat points whenever I level up but don't get a skill point (I got the skill point you start with but after that nothing)
I've yet to encounter this issue. Could you provide more details about the bug? (other mods you're using, etc.)

The two stat selections for the RPG window often refuse to scroll down, making it impossible for me to select (and upgrade) anything below the Vitality and Max Minions stats. I'm not sure if it's just being finicky or if it's an actual bug, because sometimes the scroll wheel does work just fine.

Last edited:
Also, will this mod eventually include support for those who want to play a Thrower/Rogue class? It covers Melee, Magic, Summoner, and Ranged damage, but not Throwing damage.

The two stat selections for the RPG window often refuse to scroll down, making it impossible for me to select (and upgrade) anything below the Vitality and Max Minions stats. I'm not sure if it's just being finicky or if it's an actual bug, because sometimes the scroll wheel does work just fine.

I'll look into this bug. What's your resolution?

Also, will this mod eventually include support for those who want to play a Thrower/Rogue class? It covers Melee, Magic, Summoner, and Ranged damage, but not Throwing damage.

At some point I started to implement the thrower class (there are some bits in the code), but for some reason I put it aside. I'll include them in the next update along with the other new features.

The resolution I'm using is 1536x800, windowed

Weird, I tested everything in the lowest possible resolution (800x600) and everything worked fine. The only problem I know of is that you have to click in the scrollable panel first (to make it become "focused") to make scrolling working. Isn't that the case with your issue as well?

Weird, I tested everything in the lowest possible resolution (800x600) and everything worked fine. The only problem I know of is that you have to click in the scrollable panel first (to make it become "focused") to make scrolling working. Isn't that the case with your issue as well?
I've tried clicking in the scrollable panel, and it's still not scrolling for me.

Is it intentional that items with rarity can't be reforged? And that mana crystals and heart crystals are useless? (aside from heart lanterns)

Also, is it possible to get a guide that says what each stat does? I am noticing a little health increase with Strength, so it leads me to believe each stat has multiple associated bonuses

Love the mod. Simple, fun, and works pretty well.
There are only two issues for me:
1. Ranged class barely gets any skills. The mod seems like it's mostly for melee and magic.
2. Item rarity rings. They are made of particles, and if there are more than 5-6 items with quality laying around - the game turns into a slideshow, which makes boss farming a complete mess, and quite a PC-melting experience. And I tried to disable those, I really did. It got to the point of unpacking the mod and completely removing some code from "VapeGlobalItem.cs", starting from line 335 and ending with 373. It seemed like the code for these rings. So I cut it out, repacked the mod, and... The mod worked, but quality rings didn't go away. I'm completely lost at this point.

It's a shame that you can't work on the mod anymore, and I'm far from being competent enough to maintain it for you. I only know enough about coding to try finding something and attempt to remove it.

Love the mod. Simple, fun, and works pretty well.
There are only two issues for me:
1. Ranged class barely gets any skills. The mod seems like it's mostly for melee and magic.
2. Item rarity rings. They are made of particles, and if there are more than 5-6 items with quality laying around - the game turns into a slideshow, which makes boss farming a complete mess, and quite a PC-melting experience. And I tried to disable those, I really did. It got to the point of unpacking the mod and completely removing some code from "VapeGlobalItem.cs", starting from line 335 and ending with 373. It seemed like the code for these rings. So I cut it out, repacked the mod, and... The mod worked, but quality rings didn't go away. I'm completely lost at this point.

It's a shame that you can't work on the mod anymore, and I'm far from being competent enough to maintain it for you. I only know enough about coding to try finding something and attempt to remove it.

Thanks for the feedback. It seems I found someone to do the development (at least partly) while I'll do the maintenance.

Strange, the config should work. I'll look into it.
For a quick fix (as I can't look at the code now), you can remove the entire for loop for the rings (I believe there's one loop that goes from 0 to 360 to form a circle, with a Dust.NewDust method call in it), and it should work.

Thanks for the feedback. It seems I found someone to do the development (at least partly) while I'll do the maintenance.

Strange, the config should work. I'll look into it.
For a quick fix (as I can't look at the code now), you can remove the entire for loop for the rings (I believe there's one loop that goes from 0 to 360 to form a circle, with a Dust.NewDust method call in it), and it should work.
Oh, that's good to hear! And providing feedback is the least I could do. The mod did give me a bunch of great playthroughs through the years, and I really need to thank you for that. :v

I'll give it a try a bit later. I did remove something that seemed like a cycle that creates a ring, with the particle amount, rarity, and there was a Pi in there. Perhaps I've just missed some details, idk. :v

By the way, what I probably should've mentioned, just in case - repacking the mod in latest TModLoader version doesn't work. They changed some stuff, and I had to rollback to 0.10.1.5 (I think) to repack it.

Oh, that's good to hear! And providing feedback is the least I could do. The mod did give me a bunch of great playthroughs through the years, and I really need to thank you for that. :v

I'll give it a try a bit later. I did remove something that seemed like a cycle that creates a ring, with the particle amount, rarity, and there was a Pi in there. Perhaps I've just missed some details, idk. :v

By the way, what I probably should've mentioned, just in case - repacking the mod in latest TModLoader version doesn't work. They changed some stuff, and I had to rollback to 0.10.1.5 (I think) to repack it.

Well, in any case, I'll look into it. :indifferent:

Back
Top Bottom