tModLoader Varia Mod: "Basically Agherium 2"

Are you ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY HYPED for this mod?

• I mean I wouldn't say THAT much but I'm pretty hyped.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, I see potential but I don't know.

• I'm not hyped at all. (Please list your reasoning here)

• This mod looks like a giant pile of crap and you should quit life. (Please list your reasoning here)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a way to clean the Cavity and remove its "you just die" effect with anything besides the Ultrapure Serum?

Is there a way to clean the Cavity and remove its "you just die" effect with anything besides the Ultrapure Serum?
Not yet, but at the mention of that idea I feel like I should add it.
[doublepost=1568393988,1568393827][/doublepost]Also holy mother of Christ how did I not get notifications from this thread?? THAT'S A LOT OF BUGS! I sincerely apologise for not responding! I'll fix them as soon as I can. Thank you so much for your patience!
[doublepost=1568394446][/doublepost]Alsoalso, the "Varia Sucks" thing was an inside joke. I don't actually dislike the mod! I never did, it's one of my proudest code projects to date!

Not yet, but at the mention of that idea I feel like I should add it.
[doublepost=1568393988,1568393827][/doublepost]Also holy mother of Christ how did I not get notifications from this thread?? THAT'S A LOT OF BUGS! I sincerely apologise for not responding! I'll fix them as soon as I can. Thank you so much for your patience!
[doublepost=1568394446][/doublepost]Alsoalso, the "Varia Sucks" thing was an inside joke. I don't actually dislike the mod! I never did, it's one of my proudest code projects to date!
Dude, Varia 2 is one of the most uniqe mods I ever experienced, even if it's still in WIP state! But there are some bugs and disbalanced content.

First of all: the structures that spawn in your world in a amount of 10 and even more sometimes, couldn't you just make spawn randomly 2 or 3 structures in different vanilla biomes not modded ones, cause it actually generates even in biomes from Ancient awakened.

Okay so, much like the Cavity before it (and possibly currently? not sure how abundant Cavities are in the newer versions yet), these "new" ... building...things? whatever they are- they're spawning far too much. This is only around 1/3 the surface of my medium world, and 11 (and counting) of these buildings spawned, and with them big, ugly rectangular chunks of land they spawn on if the ground around them isn't perfectly flat.
They're all full of nothing but books and basic furniture, aside from the occasional chest, which have weapons, accessories, and in one case, a massive amount of pre-hardmode ore bars. (Oh and one was also full of Worn Bricks but I'd rather not make even more of these buildings)
Oh and enemies? Not sure if the enemies were Varia additions or from another mod but 200ish HP for mobs that spawn around structures that are literally everywhere? yikes.
They drown out all the other music, again like the cavity. It's rather annoying, given how common they are. If they were smushed together in a mini "biome" it'd be far more bearable than them covering the whole surface.
1573902940837.png

Also unrelated but the Basic Hook you start with thanks to Varia is... Rather overpowered for a starter hook. 3 concurrent hooks, and it seems to have a not-bad range or speed either.
The speed shoes and basic tools are a welcome addition though compared to the slow-as-can-be copper junk.

Addendum:
King Slime appears to drop a Ninja every time. I now have two identical Ninja NPCs in my world due to killing King Slime twice, both from Slime Rains.
Also Angel Slimes spawn way too commonly, and APPEAR to spawn in every single biome.

Edit: Also I should mention I'm using the 64 bit FNA tModLoader 0.11.5. It may be responsible for some issues, not sure.

New addition: Tried generating a small world to test something.
The error mentions Hamstar Helpers but the actual worldgen issue appears to be from Varia. It got stuck at "placing Sunflowers" supposedly, but it appears to be an issue with those old buildings all over the surface.
[02:54:38] [15/ERROR] [Terraria]: A problem was encountered during world generation
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Varia.OldWorldGen.RuinRoom(Point position, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 tileType, Int32 wallType, Boolean chest, Boolean doors, Boolean appliance, Int32 itemType, Boolean banners, Boolean books, Boolean painting) in Varia\OldWorldGen.cs:line 96
at Varia.OldWorldGen.Ruin(Point position, Boolean chest, Int32 itemType) in Varia\OldWorldGen.cs:line 63
at Varia.OldWorldGen.GenOldWorld() in Varia\OldWorldGen.cs:line 47
at Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
at Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
at Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
[02:55:01] [1/FATAL] [HamstarHelpers]: ~HamstarHelpers.MenuContextServiceManager.SwitchToUI - 0:000 - 000097.20 Could not get MenuUIDefinition UIWorldLoadSpecial

Speaking of those old buildings... One of the types of bandit, I admittedly forget which one, is unable to turn side-to-side and appears to have no animations, just sliding back and forth.

Last edited:
Hey I know your not adding more content to this mod but I'd like to apploguise for my agressive behavior before, I honestly had no clue that Among the Cosmos (as it's called now) was NOT your work, I honestly though Adam Turquoise was you but it's just someone sharing your name it seems.

I've recently been trying out Varia and I'm quite impressed with the content here, only makes me feel even more guilty for bashing you and your mods, really sorry :(

Really happy to hear this mod is making a COMEBACK! I recently gave it a play through and it's got alot of neat stuff going on, best of luck Turquise!
"Looks at old posts..."
That was me a year ago... For shame on myself..

PS for those wondering: @Adam Turquoise is the author of the Among the Cosmos, NOT this Turquise!
(Why he has never made a forum page, a wiki, or a discord is waaaaayyy beyond my ability to figure out)

is this mod standalone, also is there any mods that it is not compatable with.
i am using a few like calamity, spirit,enigma, redemption ect and i am getting errors at worldgen.
forgot to write down what it said before i closed game so i will post it later.

calamity is best played by it's self as the gear you get in calamity will overpower spirit,enigma,redemption,thorium in particular
EDIT: further i am getting world gen errors too with varia by itself

such a shame btw any good big content mods to pair balance with thorium, i heard calamity is very overpowered

Back
Top Bottom