tModLoader Various Weathers

Hey there, I'm really enjoying using this mod but I've noticed it breaks the Eternia Crystal/Old One's Army event when active. I've sourced it to this mod. Basically nothing spawns on either side unless you're standing right at either portal. The Mage will spawn, but when you go far away from portal it despawns and loses it's health. Rather exploitable and makes the event a breeze, but I would prefer to play it the way it was meant. This stops happening when I disable the mod. I'm also using Calamity & Thorium but neither of those seems to affect it.

Hey there, I'm really enjoying using this mod but I've noticed it breaks the Eternia Crystal/Old One's Army event when active. I've sourced it to this mod. Basically nothing spawns on either side unless you're standing right at either portal. The Mage will spawn, but when you go far away from portal it despawns and loses it's health. Rather exploitable and makes the event a breeze, but I would prefer to play it the way it was meant. This stops happening when I disable the mod. I'm also using Calamity & Thorium but neither of those seems to affect it.
Hmmm, I’m not really sure what the issue is here, I’ll be happy to look into it.
Were any events going on at the time? If tranquil winds were occurring, no enemies spawn, so it may have caused issues.

Hmmm, I’m not really sure what the issue is here, I’ll be happy to look into it.
Were any events going on at the time? If tranquil winds were occurring, no enemies spawn, so it may have caused issues.
There were no events from what I can tell. I've done it on rain, meteor shower, night, regular and they are doing the same thing where I have to walk up next to the mysterious portal to get things to spawn and this goes away instantly after disabling. I can record it if I'm not describing it clearly.

I've also just generated a world with the only mod enabled being various weather, it appears to be doing the same thing. Weather events that were happening were the Typhoon? Same thing where they won't spawn unless you're right at the portal.

Last edited:
There were no events from what I can tell. I've done it on rain, meteor shower, night, regular and they are doing the same thing where I have to walk up next to the mysterious portal to get things to spawn and this goes away instantly after disabling. I can record it if I'm not describing it clearly.

I've also just generated a world with the only mod enabled being various weather, it appears to be doing the same thing. Weather events that were happening were the Typhoon? Same thing where they won't spawn unless you're right at the portal.
Thank you for reporting this. I've found the issue and addressed it. Rest assured, this has been fixed in the coming patch.

Patch v1.0.0.4 is out! This version fixes a multitude of bugs and makes changes to many events! Download on the mod browsed or with the attached mediafire link! http://www.mediafire.com/file/h3n2rodvwq4a6b8/Events.tmod/file

Big Changes/Fixes:
- The Old One's Army is now fully compatible with this mod! No more annoying disappearing acts or enemy despawns!
- Seek shelter and refuge in houses or caves from events! If the player is in front of walls, Winds, Acid Rain, Heat Waves, and Meteor Showers lose their shaders, and do not inflict harmful debuffs on the player (in the case of Acid Rain and Heat Waves)

Changelog:
- Windy day requirement minimum now increased to 23 mph
- Reduced the volume of wind sound effects
- Fixed a bug with water and heat waves
- Auroras can now be seen in space at nighttime when the event is going on
- Tremors now only occur once on the surface and then only underground, and no longer daze the player when they jump or fall
- Fixed water in cold fronts not chilling players
- Reduced the spawn chances of fireflies during the firefly swarm event
- Buffed aurora weapons and gear
- Meteor Showers now only have blue meteors, and have a slight blue tinged shader

Nevermind, all! The shelter bug isn’t really a bug, it just requires you to place walls behind the floor of your house! I’ll tweak that in a later update. Seek shelter wherever you’d like!

This mod is awesome, but I've been noticing I don't get too many clear days. Also, as cool as it was fighting the goblin army during a thunderstorm (with hail?) is lighting supposed to pierce through the ground into caves?

Hey, players on my server have reported some pretty severe lag during acid rain, that it's inconvenient not to have a clear indicator of what weather they're dealing with when they log on during the middle of an unknown weather event, that hardmode ice enemies can spawn in pre-hardmode during certain weather events, and that this mod may be responsible for ice enemies spawning in every biome sometimes (a glitch? an intended feature?), so for the time being I've uninstalled it. Is there any chance you might make the displayed weather something that can be configured to always be displayed, regardless of whether or not players have the right item in their inventory to display it, and that these other things might be improved upon too?

Hey, players on my server have reported some pretty severe lag during acid rain, that it's inconvenient not to have a clear indicator of what weather they're dealing with when they log on during the middle of an unknown weather event, that hardmode ice enemies can spawn in pre-hardmode during certain weather events, and that this mod may be responsible for ice enemies spawning in every biome sometimes (a glitch? an intended feature?), so for the time being I've uninstalled it. Is there any chance you might make the displayed weather something that can be configured to always be displayed, regardless of whether or not players have the right item in their inventory to display it, and that these other things might be improved upon too?
Isn't the climate surveyor already doing that?

it's inconvenient not to have a clear indicator of what weather they're dealing with when they log on during the middle of an unknown weather event ... Is there any chance you might make the displayed weather something that can be configured to always be displayed, regardless of whether or not players have the right item in their inventory to display it?

I don't get what you mean, the surveyor is clearly indicating the events currently happening... And it's always displaying...

Back
Top Bottom