tModLoader Various Weathers

There is, but it's not something you can bring around as an accessory
As orian noted, buying the Climate Surveyor from the Tinkerer in hardmode serves as a portable weather infomation accessory (like other info accessories, you don’t even need to equip it! Just keep it in your inventory :) )

I spent a while playing with thw mod along a few dozen others, so far only in prehardmode. some feedback I have is:

for some reason, every new world I create seems to start off with heavy rain. not bad, but weird.
the boreal helmet is neat, but considering the enemy you get it from is rather strong for a pre-boss enemy, it could really use a buff. since the other two armor pieces it is equipped with are kinda bad, upping the set bonus a bit might be nice.
a way to trigger certain weathers that can give you unique items, like the jellyfish swarm for example, would be great.
something to cancel weathers would be useful. sometimes you just want a clear day to fight a boss or build. maybe a consumable item you can get mid to late prehardmode and a nonconsumable one post-plantera.

I spent a while playing with thw mod along a few dozen others, so far only in prehardmode. some feedback I have is:

for some reason, every new world I create seems to start off with heavy rain. not bad, but weird.
the boreal helmet is neat, but considering the enemy you get it from is rather strong for a pre-boss enemy, it could really use a buff. since the other two armor pieces it is equipped with are kinda bad, upping the set bonus a bit might be nice.
a way to trigger certain weathers that can give you unique items, like the jellyfish swarm for example, would be great.
something to cancel weathers would be useful. sometimes you just want a clear day to fight a boss or build. maybe a consumable item you can get mid to late prehardmode and a nonconsumable one post-plantera.
Thanks for the feedback! I've made plenty of worlds recently, but haven't encountered that issue.
How would you suggest buffing the set bonus?
I'll definitely look into spawning/cancelling of weathers :D

I had an idea, how about adding NPC dialogue for certain weathers?
like having the guide explain some weather events, the merchant offering umbrellas during heavy rain or water bottles during heatwaves (doesnt actually have to sell them, wouldnt be the first things he only advertises), and other NPCs commenting when it fits (the demolitionist complaining his matches go out during heavy wind, the party girl getting excited from an aurora borealis, the dryad commenting on toxictops growing and anything more you can think of).

I had an idea, how about adding NPC dialogue for certain weathers?
like having the guide explain some weather events, the merchant offering umbrellas during heavy rain or water bottles during heatwaves (doesnt actually have to sell them, wouldnt be the first things he only advertises), and other NPCs commenting when it fits (the demolitionist complaining his matches go out during heavy wind, the party girl getting excited from an aurora borealis, the dryad commenting on toxictops growing and anything more you can think of).
There already is a lot of NPC dialogue during events, check it out!
A special fishing quest during the Jellyfish Swarn from the angler would be cool, too
Unfortunately, fishing quests reset at 4:30 AM, and Jellyfish Swarms are a nightly event, so I'm not sure if I can rig something up.

There already is a lot of NPC dialogue during events, check it out!

Unfortunately, fishing quests reset at 4:30 AM, and Jellyfish Swarms are a nightly event, so I'm not sure if I can rig something up.
So that's why it ended in the morning

One thing:The Heat wave are annoying as hell.Is there a way to stop them from happening?
Drinking Bottled Water or stepping in water/heading underground/staying indoors with walls are all methods of preventing the effects of a Heat Wave.

I have a wavebank installed and i can't hear any of the music, cause everytime is a weather event activated... can i change the probability of the events to happen?

Had some more weather ideas and special items:

Pure-Light Moon - "Your goldfish is acting weird..." (Throughout all of the night, all phases of the moon are active)
Restless Dawn - "They don't care one bit." (Night mobs appear during the day)

Weather Calendar
Fisherman's Pocket Guide + 30 Clouds
Allows detection of the 7 next weather conditions

Meteorological Scanner MK2
Meteorological Scanner + Weather Calendar
Allows detection of the next 7 days' worth of weather conditions

Had some more weather ideas and special items:

Weather Calendar
Fisherman's Pocket Guide + 30 Clouds
Allows detection of the 7 next weather conditions

Meteorological Scanner MK2
Meteorological Scanner + Weather Calendar
Allows detection of the next 7 days' worth of weather conditions

a really nice idea

This is an amazing mod, I've only played a little with it enabled but it's a lot of fun. But can you add a config setting for enabling or disabling how dropped items are affected by the wind? Or at the very least blacklist those floating coin portals that rarely spawn from pots? I got one and it was blown far off the screen.

It was like a moment of pleasure being replaced by sorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom