tModLoader Various Weathers

More varied weathers (and events tied to them) is one thing I've always found lacking in vanilla Terraria. Can't say how much I love everything I'm seeing here. You have a real knack for filling-in weak spots. Top-notch work as always!

Also did you have this mind for 1.3.6 with its wind effects but got impatient? If so, I wouldn't blame you. :p

We actually had a whole Fog weather planned, but it was really hard getting the shader to work as we wanted (it couldn’t detect tiles and not display on them), leading to this. Thoughts?
I think during the day that would look fine -- otherwise it's pretty bright for night imo. Is it possible to add fog events like that one just to mornings? Or better yet, have the that fog layer brighten-up as the day comes -- perhaps by fading-in multiple fog layers, each one brighter than the last as day comes. Also a nice touch would be changing the sky to grey and hiding the sun (by changing the sun graphic to a blank image) in order to give the illusion of overcast during such conditions.

More varied weathers (and events tied to them) is one thing I've always found lacking in vanilla Terraria. Can't say how much I love everything I'm seeing here. You have a real knack for filling-in weak spots. Top-notch work as always!

Also did you have this mind for 1.3.6 with its wind effects but got impatient? If so, I wouldn't blame you. :p

I think during the day that would look fine -- otherwise it's pretty bright for night imo. Is it possible to add fog events like that one just to mornings? Or better yet, have the that fog layer brighten-up as the day comes -- perhaps by fading-in multiple fog layers, each one brighter than the last as day comes. Also a nice touch would be changing the sky to grey and hiding the sun (by changing the sun graphic to a blank image) in order to give the illusion of overcast during such conditions.
Thank you! Always glad to have you pop by and weigh in on my mods, I really appreciate it :D

I can't lie, I was a little annoyed to find out that Wind Speed did literally nothing to the game. And the game is quite static without a few, small changes from time to time. Those were a couple of my reasons for wanting to work on this mod!

While we're not working on Fog, we do have something else amazing planned for you guys! @Boffin's work is without compare. Ignore the lag, that comes from the video recorder itself :D
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Weird suggestions also!

1: Starry Blackhole night: Contains a beautiful starry night with a blackhole in the center sucking all the light in. This can start a mini event spawning 3 new creatures.
2: Terra-Way Galaxy Gazing: An event that can happen anywhere at night where you can see all the stars in the Terra-Way Galaxy (Milky Way Galaxy reference).
3: Maybe Neutron Star stuffs or a Super Nova event. I don't know, you're the genius!

I'm playing with this mod and i love it. Terraria clearly missed something like that (And me being a fan of weather mods in bethesda games, it's a huge thing).
I wonder.. I always imagine Terraria world being a huge island that is between worlds and different timelines of real world.. how about a very rare Radstorm, or a Blackout (very dark night were light sources are half as effective).

It would be perfect, but.. It once broke my main world, Mod error (Started wind in the forest on surface, i was building something, and it disturbed me always moving to one side. So i decided reload world)-> reload -> cant load world -> cant load backup. I thing reloading world during weather events may crash the world. So sad...

It would be perfect, but.. It once broke my main world, Mod error (Started wind in the forest on surface, i was building something, and it disturbed me always moving to one side. So i decided reload world)-> reload -> cant load world -> cant load backup. I thing reloading world during weather events may crash the world. So sad...
Could you give me the error you got?

Back
Top Bottom