tModLoader Various Weathers

Their is a bug with the Heatwave event when in multiplayer...when using the bottled water you gain the protection from the event but if you get hit you lose that protection for a short time.

Their is also a problem with the Enemies that spawn from the Tremor Event in Multiplayer as hitting the enemies that spawn from the stone you break vanish instantly when they take damage.

Their also seem to be a problem with boreal Stag as it dont shoot any projectiles in multiplayer towards the player.

Aaaaaaaand... done!
7383571F-F6D0-476A-B5CF-19F54168D300.jpeg

their is still the issue with some things in multiplayer you might wanna check those a bit.
Of course- I’m not too experienced with multiplayer and one of our devs, who helps out a lot with multiplayer, is currently very busy. We’ve heard your feedback and we’ll do our best to patch it up!

Also, guys, I’ve been looking through the thread for interesting small weather additions for the next update, as the update is filled with larger weather events and needs some balancing out. If you guys are interested in suggesting more new weather events or reiterating ones I’ve missed, do so below :)

Mmh, let's do another small batch then :
-Closer Moon(night) : Reduces the gravity in surface and sky.
-Intense Activity : you get the heat stroke debuff in hell, with occasional lava geysers.
-Fungal Infection : Mushroom grass slowly converts dirt and jungle mud.
-Nature's Wrath(post plantera) : Huge increase in man eaters and trappers spawn rate. Flying spores(from the plantera fight) spawn from time to time.
-Spore Outbreak : Jungle spores emit poisonous aura and spore spawn rate greatly increased.
-Spider Spreading : You can encounter spiders everywhere underground(low spawn rate).
-Cold From Below : You get constant chilled debuff in the underground snow/caverns.
-Shifting Sands : (now that one is a bit tricky, but)Sand in desert biomes act like ice.
-The World Is Stirring : Increased gravity everywhere. The more you go down, the more it increases.
-Silence In The Crypts : Greatly reduced spawn rate in the dungeon. (maybe can encounter a special critter)

I really like the idea of the closer moon with reduced gravity. Here's some of mine
Sinkholes : during termors small chasms open up near or under you
Tidal current : waves push you in water and new rare enemies spawn
Twisting tempest : on sky islands small tornados and thunderstorm conditions appear along with new enemies

-Closer Moon(night) : Reduces the gravity in surface and sky.
call it a supermoon. those actually happen, though they dont involve the moon getting close enough to change gravity in any significant way.

-Fungal Infection : Mushroom grass slowly converts dirt and jungle mud.
Sinkholes : during termors small chasms open up near or under you
no weathers that break the world please. I would rather not use the mod at all than have these.

I can suggest a few weathers too:
geothermal boil: the lava in hell is heating up, enough to make any water in the caverns boil, dealing damage on contact.
ice rain: it is raining supercooled water from the sky. anyone exposed will quickly get coated in ice, taking frostburn damage, getting chilled and periodically freezing.
critter rain: based on the real life phenomenon of hurricanes picking up things like fish and later dumping them, this weather makes critters rain down from the sky. sadly most die on impact, but if you are fast enough with your net, you might catch a few.

Last edited:
no weathers that break the world please. I would rather not use the mod at all than have these.

critter rain: based on the real life phenomenon of hurricanes picking up things like fish and later dumping them, this weather makes critters rain down from the sky. sadly most die on impact, but if you are fast enough with your net, you might catch a few.
That's why there is mod configs.

Also, that reminds me of locust swarms

Freebies!
Blue Moon : Permanent boost to mana regen, maybe encounter some strange life forms(ocean?).
Shifting Sands V2(alternative or you can combine both): A stronger version of tremors, but also affects you in surface with gushing sand hurting and confusing you.
Green Sun Zenith : Gives you a boost in max health and regen, but some energized version of enemies can appear(slimes, bats, vultures, harpies etc)

A lot of our weathers affect the world as a whole. Are there any biome/location specific weathers you guys would like to see?

if we get that, we need a similar weather for corruption.
maybe rot rain?
I don't know why I haven't thought of it before but :
Ichor Rain in harmdode crimson : inflicts ichor when outside and maybe some ichor monsters spawn on the surface.
Cursed Fallout in hardmode corruption : Looks similar to the stardust event, but with cursed fire with occasional flames falling. Cursed flames monsters spawn on the surface(maybe a special elemental too).
Honey rain in the jungle : slows you but gives honeyed buff, hornets spawn on the surface.
Toxic Vapors (in the lava cavern layer) : Gives you the poisoned debuff. Again, maybe a special elemental can spawn.

I may be starting to repeat number of ideas, but I forgot if they were already suggested

Any chance for a volume slider for the wind-sound?
I love the mod and every aspect of it, it has upped the game so much! But like others have said, when building (Which I do a lot) it gets quite annoying as I have my volume sliders odd in the first place and the wind is SO loud.

Any chance for a volume slider for the wind-sound?
I love the mod and every aspect of it, it has upped the game so much! But like others have said, when building (Which I do a lot) it gets quite annoying as I have my volume sliders odd in the first place and the wind is SO loud.
I plan on reducing it, yeah- the wind's volume should be able to be toggled via the 'Sound' slider (the second one), I'll be sure to fix that ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom