tModLoader Various Weathers

Maybe you don't have to scrap the previously planned fog weather type, as it could be possible that the fog seen in the 1.4
spoiler is only happening in the new graveyard minibiome, which is created by placing many gravestones next to each other.
I could be wrong, tough, but it would make sense if its biome specific, as the fog started after the scene became a graveyard,
if I remember correctly.
Yuyu and I discussed this yesterday and we agreed to add the fog event. Being the fog is specifically for a mini biome.

Hey, guys! I know there’s been some radio silence on development lately (in part due to me leaving my files on my other computer while I travelled, stupidly), but I’m here to showcase something you all might enjoy:

I’m really excited to announce that @Gameraiders101 has released the first mod review of Various Weathers! The video showcases all weather types, the new content you’d expect in the way of items and enemies, and some new, yet to come features ;)

Go ahead and show your support to the man for making a well-edited and researched video, and I hope you all are having a good time with the mod :)

Ah yes, many do ask and i have to admit i cant cant blame them. Since thus occurs so often perhaps we should also link Synthias SoundCloud to the Thread @Yuyutsu so all can hear here tracks.

Alternate Terrararia Vol. 1
So is this link to the mod's soundtrack? I am wondering bc it doesn't seem as if they are related to the mod. Update: oh NVM thank you.
P.s who is Synthias? Is it just John or someone else?
Update 2: found out just john and synthias are the same. But I am still wondering if he helped make the mod or is in cooperation with it. Ty bye
Update 3: found out that he made it for you guys which is cool!

Last edited:
This mod is one of the best I've seen however as of right now I can't turn it on because it always fails to load the acidrain mp3 file. Any fix to this?

I love this mod, I really do. But for some reason with this mod enabled, wind is now the default weather for the game as it's always happening when I login to my world, and it has this extremely irritating "woooooooosh" sound that starts and stops every ten seconds, and I can't turn it off. I wouldn't mind if it had very minor, incremental and fluid changes in dynamics (loudness and softness), or if the sound of it could be adjusted in settings, but these things aren't a reality. Other than this, I don't find any other critique for this mod, and I really love it.

Hi!

Great mod. Can I suggest a version where only weather and it's respective effect added without additional content like mobs/crafts/weapons?

unknown.png

Not sure if it's a bug or just not programmed in or what, but during a hurricane, all the NPCs (townies and enemies alike) are dripping as if struck with a water gun, while the player character isn't. I reloaded the world without Calamity enabled in case that was the issue, but when I did, the hurricane managed to end right as I loaded in, so I have no way of confirming if it's Calamity's fault or not until I get lucky enough to stumble upon another hurricane. May also be worth noting that along with mobs and items (which really book it in hurricanes; it's actually pretty funny to watch) getting pushed, hurricanes also push other entities like bullets and grappling hooks. Unsure if this is intentional, so I'll point that out too while I'm at it.

EDIT - Hurricane Report 2: Got another hurricane while I was expanding my town. When I went to leave, disable Calamity, then go back in, the hurricane immediately ended, telling me that the weather ends when you close the world. Unsure if this is the case for all weathers or even if there's anything that can be done about it, but when in doubt, make note of it. This time though, another strange thing worth noting happened.
unknown.png

When the rain was coming straight down, I was a bit suspicious, thinking it was just the heavy rain weather at work. So using the power of cheat codes, I grabbed a weather radio to check what was going on, and found that despite the hurricane being live, it wasn't kicking the wind speed up to 100 like it normally should. It also had no effect on items like it usually does; all I got from this hurricane was a lot of rain. Unsure what could be causing this, but I'll keep Calamity off and wait & see if I can get another one to happen while doing town expansion.

Last edited:
This mod is absolutely beautiful, it took me awhile to find out this was causing the "The Spirit of Adventure is here today!" message.
I was looking for an NPC somewhere or a Quest from another mod.
But it was the Tranquil Winds event (which was very lovely :3 )
Is it possible to make the messages more clearer with their context? like "Today is a Peaceful day! (Tranquil Winds Event)" or something like that?

Also I saw there was a Weather Radio? Does this give information on the effects of all weather?

Hello all! Just a quick update to tell you all that I'm currently working on something else at the moment, and will release an update for this mod later down the line.

Anyway, here's the response to a FAQ:

The wind sound is NOT an ambient sound. Adjusting your ambient volume will do nothing, as tmodloader does not support custom ambient sounds (to my knowledge). Please adjust its sound using the Sound Slider (the second volume slider). If you do this while a clip of the wind sound is playing, the sound will play out at its initial volume, and all subsequent sounds will be at your desired volume. Thanks!

Okay, a bit more feedback-

There are a few problems with hurricanes-
the first is that the sfx are waaaay too loud. I had to turn my system volume down by about 50% so my headphones wouldnt hurt my ears.
the second is that the wind push effects things it shouldn't like the chlorophyte crystal from chlorophyte armor. there has to be some way of filtering things the way the vanilla wind effect does.

Also, unrelated, but it would be a really nice quality-of-life tweak if being inside buildings made weather stop effecting you. the simplest way to do this would just be to cancel weather debuffs/wind push when in front of a background tile.

Okay, a bit more feedback-

There are a few problems with hurricanes-
the first is that the sfx are waaaay too loud. I had to turn my system volume down by about 50% so my headphones wouldnt hurt my ears.
the second is that the wind push effects things it shouldn't like the chlorophyte crystal from chlorophyte armor. there has to be some way of filtering things the way the vanilla wind effect does.

Also, unrelated, but it would be a really nice quality-of-life tweak if being inside buildings made weather stop effecting you. the simplest way to do this would just be to cancel weather debuffs/wind push when in front of a background tile.
Pretty sure the last thing is already implemented and working

Pretty sure the last thing is already implemented and working
IDK, I was standing inside during an acid rain and still getting the acid effect, and same thing with the wind effect from windy days.
next time I load it up ill check for a new version of the mod just in case, but I downloaded it only maybe a week ago so I think I'm up-to-date.

This mod is incredible! I like it a lot, the effects and the variety are entretaining! But i'm having really bad luck with it. When the Lightning strikes, i get heavy lag and frame drops to minimum. 1 fps and freezes everything. My computer is lame btw but i didn't get anything like that before. Just some lag wit DoG from Calamity but it lasts less than 2 seconds and it's gome. I didn't tried it after HardMode yet to see if i have issues with the hurricane aswell. Skip frame is on, as always. Maybe having issues with another mod? I have no idea what to do :/

This mod is incredible! I like it a lot, the effects and the variety are entretaining! But i'm having really bad luck with it. When the Lightning strikes, i get heavy lag and frame drops to minimum. 1 fps and freezes everything. My computer is lame btw but i didn't get anything like that before. Just some lag wit DoG from Calamity but it lasts less than 2 seconds and it's gome. I didn't tried it after HardMode yet to see if i have issues with the hurricane aswell. Skip frame is on, as always. Maybe having issues with another mod? I have no idea what to do :/
I'm no programmer, but if your lighting is on colored, try maybe switching it to white? Hurricanes can also happen pre-hardmode, but they're pretty rare. What other mods are you using besides this and Calamity?

In your v1.0 trailer, how did you make your house, it looks fantastic and it would be great to know how to make it in my world. Otherwise beautiful mod and kept doing great work!

Out of curiosity, could you add music boxes for some of the music in this mod? I absolutely can't get enough of the music during the ash storms and I'm always super disappointed to see one end. Also an idea I had was to theme the music boxes for the weather events as a weather radio or something, bit of a silly play on words :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom