tModLoader Various Weathers

Wind sound just rips my ears. Especially when I'm inside my base. It appears, than dissapears, than again... Is there a way to lower it's volume?

Wind sound just rips my ears. Especially when I'm inside my base. It appears, than dissapears, than again... Is there a way to lower it's volume?
OP answered this one in the last page.
The wind sound is NOT an ambient sound. Adjusting your ambient volume will do nothing, as tmodloader does not support custom ambient sounds (to my knowledge). Please adjust its sound using the Sound Slider (the second volume slider). If you do this while a clip of the wind sound is playing, the sound will play out at its initial volume, and all subsequent sounds will be at your desired volume. Thanks!

That said, I'm also here for hurricane report #3.
unknown.png

I still haven't been able to pinpoint if Calamity is the problem with the dripping issue I brought up in my last post, but I've discovered a new one. Remember when I said other entities like your projectiles get pushed by the wind? This also applies in areas where you yourself are immune to the wind debuff. I also tested this in an area not "exposed" to the wind like this one to double-check things, and it was still the case in those spots too. Summoned minions - or at least baby slimes - also can't move fast enough to catch the player with the wind shoving them along. This effectively means summoners lose their main source of damage unleses they keep going downwind with the fight or keep summoning new minions and eating through their mana. I understand that the winds are meant to be an inconvenient part of the hurricane, but am unsure if the minion bit is intentional or not. Will test this with other minions at a later point just in case the speeds of different minions varies ever so slightly.

a_little_bit_smaller_now.png

With how often I've been swinging in lately to report potential bugs or oversights with the hurricane weather, thought I'd at least make something fancy to spruce the posts up a bit. Anyway, onto the actual report that brought me here today. I was lucky enough to stumble upon another hurricane today, and decided to do some testing on what entities can be pushed by hurricanes. As you're already aware, this weather pushes both mobs and items with its mighty winds, but I wanted to see what else gets hurricane'd and in what ways. After some testing with the small amount of time I got, here's a list of things that get pushed by wind and the effects thereof, to the best of my knowledge. I should also note that aside from the player and enemies/townies, all of the below are affected regardless of location, unless there's a solid block holding them against the wind.
  • The player character is pushed along at a slow rate in a similar manner to the heavy wind weather when in an area where the wind can push them, despite the whopping 70mph difference in wind speed (a gap which is double the threshold for the heavy wind event, and big enough to count as a hurricane itself!). If strengthening or stacking the heavy wind debuff is possible, perhaps it would be a good idea to try that for when the player is affected by hurricane winds?
  • Enemy mobs and town NPCs are entirely unaffected by the wind. Unsure if this is intentional, or due to limits of what the game's engine or modloader is capable of.
  • Player projectiles (arrows, bullets, magical projectiles, etc) continuously gain velocity in the wind's direction. This means that such weapons are near-impossible to fire upwind unless the projectile is especially fast, as they only travel a short distance before turning around, but also that they reach astonishing speeds if you fire them downwind instead. This includes projectiles fired by the Portal Gun and by melee weapons like the Terra Blade, as well as any thrown tools or explosives like glowsticks or grenades. This also affects chlorophyte bullets, but I haven't been able to test if hurricanes have any meaningful impact on them due to their homing capabilities and incredible speed.
  • Enemy projectiles, on the other hand, are completely unaffected.
  • Laser-type weapons - such as the Last Prism - are unaffected by the wind.
  • Summoned minions are pushed downwind at high speeds that are about equal to the speed they use when trying to catch up to you. This effectively means your minions can't move upwind at all or even hold themselves down, making summoner gameplay quite a bit more difficult than with other classes.
  • The Tavernkeep's sentries are pushed downwind at a slow rate. This isn't as dire as the minions, as sentries often have respectable range (I'm going to pretend the ballista is the only Tavernkeep sentry (because it basically is if you're playing summoner)), and they aren't pushed at nearly the same rate as minions. Their movement in these winds are more like the player's, as if the sentry itself has the mighty wind debuff, which makes me think one should be able to apply it to townies and enemies as well as the player. But I'm not a modder, so you'd know more than I would about that. Oddly enough, the Lunar Portal Staff and Rainbow Crystal Staff you can get from Moon Lord are unaffected by the wind, so it seems only the Tavernkeep's sentries are affected.
  • Other non-block entities the player summons - such as the clouds summoned by the Nimbus Rod - are accelerated downwind in a similar fashion to regular projectiles. If these entities produce projectiles (again, Nimbus Rod), those projectiles are also sent downwind in the same manner.
  • Grappling hooks are pushed downwind, but only a tiny bit, making it just a tad more difficult to hook onto blocks that are upwind of you. When latched onto a block though, they and the player grappling to them are unaffected. This is good.
  • Hailstones are pushed downwind in a manner similar to projectiles, making a hailstorm-hurricane combination quite a bit more dangerous than either weather on its own.
  • The money trough's summoned piggy bank is accelerated downwind, making it effectively impossible to access it mid-hurricane unless you're up against a wall.
This has been your detailed hurricane report from a faithful once-totally-not-zombified follower of this mod. When I first signed up for this site purely to praise this mod, I also noted that I'd be happy to help test experimental builds of the mod to check an array of different behaviors you might not have thought of. I'd like to reiterate that offer here since you're currently working on another project (Spirit Mod update it seems?) in between updates for this mod, which would give my theoretical self and other playtesters plenty of time to sniff out anything of note that may not be acting the way it's supposed to.

Does this mod cause normal meteorite biomes to stop spawning? I've smashed shadow orbs literal days ago (2 weeks?) and still haven't had a single meteorite fall. I get the meteor swarm events fairly often, but it's way slower to gather meteorite from that as opposed to being able to mine up an entire biome.

Does this mod cause normal meteorite biomes to stop spawning? I've smashed shadow orbs literal days ago (2 weeks?) and still haven't had a single meteorite fall. I get the meteor swarm events fairly often, but it's way slower to gather meteorite from that as opposed to being able to mine up an entire biome.
It shouldn't. I've had meteorites fall a couple times in my world with the mod on. You're probably just getting :red: RNG.

Meteorites only fall after the Eater of Worlds is defeated if you use Overhaul. It's to prevent skipping progression too much.

I expirience Heavy wind debuff while inside my house or shafts if I'm over 0 hight even when background walls present. And it somewhat works in some spots, but doesn't work in another. Like in the left corner of the room I'm safe, but the right one makes me slide.

I expirience Heavy wind debuff while inside my house or shafts if I'm over 0 hight even when background walls present. And it somewhat works in some spots, but doesn't work in another. Like in the left corner of the room I'm safe, but the right one makes me slide.
I've noted this before too. It seems like the wind also checks for blocks blocking from the direction of the wind, so even if you're in front of a wall at times, if there's not a physical block x tiles away from you in the direction the wind is coming from, it thinks there's no block between you and the wind and you get pushed.
A similar issue I've noticed (and I think reported before) is that even if you only have 1 block in front of your feet, the wind won't affect you at times because it considers you covered.

a_little_bit_smaller_now.png

With how often I've been swinging in lately to report potential bugs or oversights with the hurricane weather, thought I'd at least make something fancy to spruce the posts up a bit. Anyway, onto the actual report that brought me here today. I was lucky enough to stumble upon another hurricane today, and decided to do some testing on what entities can be pushed by hurricanes. As you're already aware, this weather pushes both mobs and items with its mighty winds, but I wanted to see what else gets hurricane'd and in what ways. After some testing with the small amount of time I got, here's a list of things that get pushed by wind and the effects thereof, to the best of my knowledge. I should also note that aside from the player and enemies/townies, all of the below are affected regardless of location, unless there's a solid block holding them against the wind.

• The player character is pushed along at a slow rate in a similar manner to the heavy wind weather when in an area where the wind can push them, despite the whopping 70mph difference in wind speed (a gap which is double the threshold for the heavy wind event, and big enough to count as a hurricane itself!). If strengthening or stacking the heavy wind debuff is possible, perhaps it would be a good idea to try that for when the player is affected by hurricane winds?
  • Enemy mobs and town NPCs are entirely unaffected by the wind. Unsure if this is intentional, or due to limits of what the game's engine or modloader is capable of.
  • Player projectiles (arrows, bullets, magical projectiles, etc) continuously gain velocity in the wind's direction. This means that such weapons are near-impossible to fire upwind unless the projectile is especially fast, as they only travel a short distance before turning around, but also that they reach astonishing speeds if you fire them downwind instead. This includes projectiles fired by the Portal Gun and by melee weapons like the Terra Blade, as well as any thrown tools or explosives like glowsticks or grenades. This also affects chlorophyte bullets, but I haven't been able to test if hurricanes have any meaningful impact on them due to their homing capabilities and incredible speed.
  • Enemy projectiles, on the other hand, are completely unaffected.
  • Laser-type weapons - such as the Last Prism - are unaffected by the wind.
  • Summoned minions are pushed downwind at high speeds that are about equal to the speed they use when trying to catch up to you. This effectively means your minions can't move upwind at all or even hold themselves down, making summoner gameplay quite a bit more difficult than with other classes.
  • The Tavernkeep's sentries are pushed downwind at a slow rate. This isn't as dire as the minions, as sentries often have respectable range (I'm going to pretend the ballista is the only Tavernkeep sentry (because it basically is if you're playing summoner)), and they aren't pushed at nearly the same rate as minions. Their movement in these winds are more like the player's, as if the sentry itself has the mighty wind debuff, which makes me think one should be able to apply it to townies and enemies as well as the player. But I'm not a modder, so you'd know more than I would about that. Oddly enough, the Lunar Portal Staff and Rainbow Crystal Staff you can get from Moon Lord are unaffected by the wind, so it seems only the Tavernkeep's sentries are affected.
  • Other non-block entities the player summons - such as the clouds summoned by the Nimbus Rod - are accelerated downwind in a similar fashion to regular projectiles. If these entities produce projectiles (again, Nimbus Rod), those projectiles are also sent downwind in the same manner.
  • Grappling hooks are pushed downwind, but only a tiny bit, making it just a tad more difficult to hook onto blocks that are upwind of you. When latched onto a block though, they and the player grappling to them are unaffected. This is good.
  • Hailstones are pushed downwind in a manner similar to projectiles, making a hailstorm-hurricane combination quite a bit more dangerous than either weather on its own.
  • The money trough's summoned piggy bank is accelerated downwind, making it effectively impossible to access it mid-hurricane unless you're up against a wall.
This has been your detailed hurricane report from a faithful once-totally-not-zombified follower of this mod. When I first signed up for this site purely to praise this mod, I also noted that I'd be happy to help test experimental builds of the mod to check an array of different behaviors you might not have thought of. I'd like to reiterate that offer here since you're currently working on another project (Spirit Mod update it seems?) in between updates for this mod, which would give my theoretical self and other playtesters plenty of time to sniff out anything of note that may not be acting the way it's supposed to.
Just sayin'... You're awesome for the in-depth testing. I always want to do things like this for mods but never get around to it.
Also your avatar is adorable, 10/10 best stormchaser

Hey, guys, Yuyutsu here! I'm sorry I've been MIA the past few weeks. I've got a new update for you guys with most of the stuff I've been working on. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the multiplayer fixes done, but I've been very busy working on Spirit and I thought it was unfair to leave you guys without this new content we've worked on. Once again, sorry for the delay.

Update 1.1:

Additions:

- Added new Events: Crystal Showers, Vile Deluge, Visceral Storm, Electrical Storms, Blood Rain, Gravity Flux, Healing Rain, Autumn Winds, Honey Rain, Strange Seas
Crystal Showers- Damaging crystals rain from the sky in the Hallow. They have magical properties, though.
Vile Deluge- Eyes and corrupt matter rain from the sky in the Corruption. The water seems to be polluted with new fish to catch.
Visceral Storm- Blood and gore rain from the Crimson sky.
Electric Storm- A wind and thunderstorm with no rain present.
Blood Rain- Blood rains from the sky. Many monstrous enemies spawn.
Graivty Flux- Hardmode. The player and items are loads lighter
Healing Rain- The rainy counterpart to tranquil winds. Rain and water glow and regenerate the player.
Autumn Winds- A counterpart to Tranquil Winds. Orange leaves fall from trees and pumpkins grow on grass
Honey Rain: It rains honey in the jungle. The water slows players down and multiple new enemies spawn.
Strange Seas- Rainy day event. Multiple new fishing catches and enemies spawn. Also, bubbles.
- Added The Climate Codex! Sold by the Travelling Merchant, it has info on all 30 Weather Events! It contains info on interesting items, weather effects, and more. Huge thanks to @jopojelly for the UI!
- Added the following enemies: Crystal Crawler, Plasmid, Honey Wasp, Wasp Matriarch, Honey Slime, Blood Slime, Tainted Merman, Bottom Feeder, Putrid Consumer, Flying Bloodhorn, Crimson Calypso, Luminous Adonis, Hemophage, Wood/Iron/Gold Crate Mimic, Bloatfish
Added the following items: Hemolytic Vial, Abberant Grimoire, Focusing Crystal, Prism Shard, Ocucod, Vile Sac, Eyemalgam, Acid Heart
- Added Music Boxes!
- Added music to Meteor Showers!
- Added Blood Auroras, Frost Moon Auroras, and Pumpkin Moon Auroras

Fixes:
- Fixed being able to craft Bloodskaal Blade
- Fixed a bug that caused Various Weather beacon generation to conflict with some other mods
- Tranquil Wind leaf fall now only occurs in purity biomes
- Made Stardust less common in hardmode
- Added multiple weather interactions: Rain cancels Heat Waves, Swarms
- Ash events cancel Cold Fronts and Swarms
- Tranquil Winds cancel out biome rains
- Blood Moons cancel out Tranquil Winds and Swarms
- Blood Moons always trigger Blood Rain now (even if the rain starts later in the night)
- Fixed Heat Distortion Shader displaying in the Snow Biome
- Changed the shader for Ash Storms to be a lot more eerie and less grey
- Decreased spawn chances of Panspermic Blob, made their lifesteal/poison attack more noticeable, and removed their noclip, severely nerfed their lifesteal radius
- introduced checks for Tranquil Winds and Butterfly Swarms to prevent critters from spawning underground/ in the dungeon
- Increased ore drop chances and decreased amount of tremors during Tremors
- Prevented nonsolid tiles from stopping heavy wind
- Buffed Ash Storm staves and increased the drop chances of their materials
- Made the windy day sound occur less often
- Reduced the volume of the windy day sound
- Made items move much slower during Hurricanes
- Added resprites for some Acid Enemies, Panspermic Blob

Download:
Mod Browser

these_pumpkins_would_have_eaten_my_ass_if_I_wasnt_basically_cheating_for_everything_to_do_this_repor.png

I saved the template from my last post so I can keep making more of these fun little pictures.

With the new update landing I immediately took to testing what I could. This was made moderately easier by the modules for the weathers from the last patch still being in the mod, presumably from the review build to make accessing weathers easier for Gameraiders101. I beg of you to not remove these, since as it stands the only way to get them is with cheatsheet unless you added the ability for them to drop and I simply missed it. However, since there aren't modules for the newer weathers, I won't be able to test new content as efficiently. Anyway, onto what I'm actually here for: A quick followup on my hurricane report from the last patch, and what I was able to observe about the new autumn winds.

Hurricane:
  • A lot of what I said in the last post holds true. The only significant change I noticed in my very short sniffing around is that minions are either no longer affected by wind, or are able to keep up with the player despite it now. (I'll be testing the rest later.)
  • True to the patch notes, items move more like sentries and players now. It's a bit sad that I won't get to watch them zip by at mach 2 anymore, but it's certainly a good anti-frustration measure.
  • Speaking of sentries, I discovered completely on accident that the stardust guardian is treated as a sentry. So that's pretty neat.
  • Mostly just a silly bug that doesn't warrant fixing since I was playing with the modules I mentioned above. The hurricane weather actually doesn't inflict the wind debuff on the player on its own. But since naturally-spawning hurricanes always come with heavy wind attached, this is a non-issue.
Autumn Wind:
  • Only one point of note, which is that the pumpkin enemies are incredibly powerful for a pre-hardmode mook. Packing 175 health and dealing 90 damage to an unarmored player, these guys are going to be a menace to anyone unlucky enough to have the weather active when they start a new world. For a frame of reference, even the Angry Bones in the dungeon typically have 70-100 health, and deal some 20-30 damage on an unarmored player. Between this and the only non-cosmetic use for pumpkins being pumpkin moon medallions, which require ectoplasm as well, I can only conclude that this was meant to be a hardmode weather that somehow slipped a check or something to keep it from hitting pre-hardmode worlds. Either that or you've grossly overshot the numbers on these pumpkin boys.
I'll be collecting notes from my encounters in other weathers and posting another, bigger weather report post after I've been able to encounterr the other new weather types and get sufficient data.

Something I've noticed is that at least some of the heavy wind inflicting weathers still inflict heavy wind, even when you're behind walls (which is not the case in vanilla terraria with sandstorms). It's kind of a pain in the neck to get pushed around trying to move through tunnels.
As a note, this does not happen further down such as when mining a shortish distance underground, but does happen at times like while inside my NPC housing. I'm not sure the reason for that but figured I'd report it because it feels like a bug.

EDIT: Scratch that, it seems to be that it's checking for blocks to the side of me, rather than walls behind me. If I'm underground in a long horizontal tunnel in the surface layer, I still get pushed around. But mostly vertical ones seem to be fine.
Additionally, it doesn't count tall gates as being blocks. Regular doors seem to be fine though.

Last edited:
I find myself wanting to disable this mod now, because the heat wave and winds that move you around are simply annoying. Or perhaps they are just way too frequent. I'd love to see the rest of the content, but as it stands, I might not be able to stomach the annoying bits.
[doublepost=1567514192,1567513987][/doublepost]
I got three meteors while I had this mod on.

Check around in the underground and cavern layers. I didn't find one in my world until I was almost done my hellevator, so you may end up having to go pretty deep to find one.
Seems to be only in lava layers? Not sure, but that's where I most frequently find them

Back
Top Bottom