tModLoader Various Weathers

Question: I'm constantly being pestered by hopping jacks on a pre-hardmode world where I haven't even beaten the Eye of Cthulhu. Is it because of one of the weathers? Because I really don't know where they're coming from, and they DESTROY me since I'm just wearing wooden armor.

EDIT: Nevermind, the answer is on the previous page of this thread. Guess I'll just search for a way to disable hopping jack spawning.

Last edited:
Question: I'm constantly being pestered by hopping jacks on a pre-hardmode world where I haven't even beaten the Eye of Cthulhu. Is it because of one of the weathers? Because I really don't know where they're coming from, and they DESTROY me since I'm just wearing wooden armor.

EDIT: Nevermind, the answer is on the previous page of this thread. Guess I'll just search for a way to disable hopping jack spawning.
NPC Control is a mod that can let you disable certain enemies (or even townies) from spawning. I've been using it to remove any and all bats from the game, but nuking Hopping Jacks with it too is actually a brilliant idea I didn't think of.

Oooh! I might consider adding this to my mod list!

Is there an item to stop weather? The slime rain, for example, is of great annoyance to me, and while some of these are super atmospheric, a way of skipping them if I just don't feel it today would be nice.

Oooh! I might consider adding this to my mod list!

Is there an item to stop weather? The slime rain, for example, is of great annoyance to me, and while some of these are super atmospheric, a way of skipping them if I just don't feel it today would be nice.
You can't disable the mod's weathers at present, but the devs have stated that the next update will include a config to let you enable/disable certain weathers (good riddance heat waves). Slime rain however, is a vanilla event, and there's actually a potion that lets you toggle it on and off in the mod Reduced Grinding.

Oh thanks, I'll look into that mod as well as getting this mod when the update comes out. Any ETA?

Hamstar also made a mod called Nihilism that can be used to completely disable any NPCs as well as specific items or even *recipes* on a per-world basis. So if you want certain things on some worlds but not on others, Nihilism is your friend. I use/used it in my Brutal Terraria series to disable a lot of OP things while also being able to jump into my other world without having to unload the mod.
I also use it to disable Antlions in literally every world I play (lol.)

It would also be a very powerful tool for the creation of modded adventure maps...hopefully some of those are made sometime.

Hamstar also made a mod called Nihilism that can be used to completely disable any NPCs as well as specific items or even *recipes* on a per-world basis. So if you want certain things on some worlds but not on others, Nihilism is your friend. I use/used it in my Brutal Terraria series to disable a lot of OP things while also being able to jump into my other world without having to unload the mod.
I also use it to disable Antlions in literally every world I play (lol.)

It would also be a very powerful tool for the creation of modded adventure maps...hopefully some of those are made sometime.

Oh interesting, I may take a look at this. NPC Control was not able to disable a Town NPC from coming, maybe that would work for this mod and another mod I have installed.

NPC Control is a mod that can let you disable certain enemies (or even townies) from spawning. I've been using it to remove any and all bats from the game, but nuking Hopping Jacks with it too is actually a brilliant idea I didn't think of.
Thanks, now I won't lose an entire floor of npc's due to Jacks. Nice to finally now what mod had been causing it, I had been blaming Calamity for months.

I really like using this mod as it spices things up quite a bit. I tend to have it among my list of mods always enabled. However, some weathers I find annoying, especially Mighty Wind, among my most hatred of debuffs. If you spawn in as a new character with this debuff, moving to one side is going to be hard to do as you have no movement items to counter act the wind. Then there's the tremor weather that can spawn very annoying enemies to fight while mining stone. Early game, it's almost a death sentence, especially since you'll probably get hit upon the enemy spawning, likely in a small space. It basically makes mining a non-option till the weather goes away.

I hear the next version is going to add toggles for each weather effect. I rather miss out on mining some gems from stone compared to the major annoyance of the enemies that can spawn from them.

I really like using this mod as it spices things up quite a bit. I tend to have it among my list of mods always enabled. However, some weathers I find annoying, especially Mighty Wind, among my most hatred of debuffs. If you spawn in as a new character with this debuff, moving to one side is going to be hard to do as you have no movement items to counter act the wind. Then there's the tremor weather that can spawn very annoying enemies to fight while mining stone. Early game, it's almost a death sentence, especially since you'll probably get hit upon the enemy spawning, likely in a small space. It basically makes mining a non-option till the weather goes away.

I hear the next version is going to add toggles for each weather effect. I rather miss out on mining some gems from stone compared to the major annoyance of the enemies that can spawn from them.
The biggest issue is when you're using overhaul with autumn winds. Pumpkins spawn and break everywhere in the world, making the entire day incredibly laggy.

I like your mod but some of the backgrounds could be a bit more pixelated to fit the terraria feel imo

Fantastic mod. Is there any way to bypass the "Mighty Wind" debuff? Is there an item that negates it? It's honestly kicking mine arse here. I feel like it's the only weather I ever really get, and I can't move to the right most of the time starting out. :p I mean, moving to the right is an entire quarter of the game, haha.

Fantastic mod. Is there any way to bypass the "Mighty Wind" debuff? Is there an item that negates it? It's honestly kicking mine arse here. I feel like it's the only weather I ever really get, and I can't move to the right most of the time starting out. :p I mean, moving to the right is an entire quarter of the game, haha.
Not in this mod. However, the mod "Critter Craze" (also by Yuyutsu) has an accessory that can be crafted that negates the debuff. Additionally, the devs are currently working on an update to add in configs to the mod that let you disable/enable certain weathers. It seems unclear when that will be ready though.

Heya! as someone who definitely loves this mod im here to report a serious issue regarding my game and this mod. Now, my game performs and plays perfectly fine, but two MAJOR complaints and issues why i WONT use this mod until theyre fixed.
1. The weathers from this mod are somehow causing pumpkins to grow EVERY.WHERE. and when i say everywhere, i mean EVERYWHERE, it's totally immersion breaking and i can'T STAND IT. PLEASE.
2. The audio effect on the wind sound effect is very, very low quality and a little pixel-ish sounding, i personally can stand it, but many of my friends complain of how awful annoying the sound effect is with its grainy quality.
Outside that, great mod(s)! PLEASE fix the pumpkin issue at least!! I beg you!! So i can start using this sexy mod again

There's definitely something wrong with the Autumn Winds event. Whenever it is active, doing any sort of block breaking or placing causes EXTREME lag, to the point of being less then 1 FPS.
Also pumpkins are growing everywhere, literally everywhere, even in spots where they shouldn't. Even underground I've found some.
Can you please address this? This is game breaking and annoying going down to 1fps randomly.

There's definitely something wrong with the Autumn Winds event. Whenever it is active, doing any sort of block breaking or placing causes EXTREME lag, to the point of being less then 1 FPS.
Also pumpkins are growing everywhere, literally everywhere, even in spots where they shouldn't. Even underground I've found some.
Can you please address this? This is game breaking and annoying going down to 1fps randomly.
Indeed, it causes major server lag as well due to the pumpkins growing etc. It's literally game-breaking as well as immersion breaking. You'll drop to 1 fps, but upon reconnecting it will be cleared *for the time being*.. The entire event DEFINITELY has an issue, between the pumpkins and all the issues you just said, i've also had. PLEASE FIX THE AUTUMN WINDS EVENT AND MAKE THIS MOD USABLE. I love your mods and this is a lovely essential, but these issues cannot and will not ever be overlooked.

Last edited:
Indeed, it causes major server lag as well due to the pumpkins growing etc. It's literally game-breaking as well as immersion breaking. You'll drop to 1 fps, but upon reconnecting it will be cleared *for the time being*.. The entire event DEFINITELY has an issue, between the pumpkins and all the issues you just said, i've also had. PLEASE FIX THE AUTUMN WINDS EVENT AND MAKE THIS MOD USABLE.
Yes agreed. The entire event needs to be either fixed or removed cause at this point it's really starting to affect gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom