tModLoader Various Weathers

Heya! as someone who definitely loves this mod im here to report a serious issue regarding my game and this mod. Now, my game performs and plays perfectly fine, but two MAJOR complaints and issues why i WONT use this mod until theyre fixed.
1. The weathers from this mod are somehow causing pumpkins to grow EVERY.WHERE. and when i say everywhere, i mean EVERYWHERE, it's totally immersion breaking and i can'T STAND IT. PLEASE.
2. The audio effect on the wind sound effect is very, very low quality and a little pixel-ish sounding, i personally can stand it, but many of my friends complain of how awful annoying the sound effect is with its grainy quality.
Outside that, great mod(s)! PLEASE fix the pumpkin issue at least!! I beg you!! So i can start using this sexy mod again
There's definitely something wrong with the Autumn Winds event. Whenever it is active, doing any sort of block breaking or placing causes EXTREME lag, to the point of being less then 1 FPS.
Also pumpkins are growing everywhere, literally everywhere, even in spots where they shouldn't. Even underground I've found some.
Can you please address this? This is game breaking and annoying going down to 1fps randomly.
It's not much of a solution in multiplayer, but in singleplayer, a quick and easy way to disable Autumn Winds is to simply exit and reload your world. Most of the mod's weather events (I believe Winds and Heavy Winds are the only exceptions?) are cancelled for some reason when you close the world. Detecting when Autumn Winds is up shouldn't be hard either, assuming you either carry a Climate Surveyor on you (can be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer later in the game, I believe at any point in hardmode) or are just mining blocks regularly. This does come with the inconvenience that if you're deep in a cave you'll have to retrace your steps, but until the config update is done (which will allow you to disable Autumn Winds entirely, along with any other particularly frustrating weathers like Heat Wave and Meteor Shower) your options are to either do that or simply put up with Autumn Winds.

Or, you know, just not use the mod at all like Crowfiend said he would be doing. I'm at the point where I can't even recommend this mod to others myself, entirely due to Autumn Winds existing and a handful of bugs surrounding other weathers.

It's not much of a solution in multiplayer, but in singleplayer, a quick and easy way to disable Autumn Winds is to simply exit and reload your world. Most of the mod's weather events (I believe Winds and Heavy Winds are the only exceptions?) are cancelled for some reason when you close the world. Detecting when Autumn Winds is up shouldn't be hard either, assuming you either carry a Climate Surveyor on you (can be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer later in the game, I believe at any point in hardmode) or are just mining blocks regularly. This does come with the inconvenience that if you're deep in a cave you'll have to retrace your steps, but until the config update is done (which will allow you to disable Autumn Winds entirely, along with any other particularly frustrating weathers like Heat Wave and Meteor Shower) your options are to either do that or simply put up with Autumn Winds.

Or, you know, just not use the mod at all like Crowfiend said he would be doing. I'm at the point where I can't even recommend this mod to others myself, entirely due to Autumn Winds existing and a handful of bugs surrounding other weathers.
Yeah this mod, while nice, definitely has some issues totally hindering proper game play with it. I'm just leaving and rejoining as soon as i detect a autumn winds in progress, and it's getting a bit old how often i have to do such a thing. I'm probably gonna remove it from my mods list till it's more stable now though.

I love Yuyutsu's mods a TON. I just downloaded this for the first time and I got the weather event that made me stagger and lag. I'm attempting to reload and I really hope that it's playable because I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't use it.

I love Yuyutsu's mods a TON. I just downloaded this for the first time and I got the weather event that made me stagger and lag. I'm attempting to reload and I really hope that it's playable because I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't use it.
It causes server lag and FPS issues, sadly. It will also destroy the surface of your world with pumpkins as of right now.

This mod, compared to other big ones, has the least content, but still manages to climb to the top with quality mechanics and depth to it. I haven't seen any other mod go into such detail and variety about weathers as you did! And it's all done so well, this is just amazing! I hope we'll see even more weathers in the future :)

Little suggestion by me - it would be amazing if you could make two things: a portable item that tells you about detected weathers and an upgraded beacon that also tells you approximate time in minutes till the detected weather ends. Absolutely not required - but would still be cool nonetheless!

Agreed in full with the post above.

Forgive me if this is already a feature, but I bet that a line of accessories that negates any negative effects of the weather-related conditions would be amazing. They should also be able to be merged into one grand accessory at some point (Like the boots or balloons.) to save on space. Stuff like shoe-weights to negate effects from the wind, (Arguably the most detrimental effect of the mod.) and a lightning rod, and something that keeps meteors away from you... all that good stuff. Just stuff to make people feel like they have more control over the weather than they do.

Agreed in full with the post above.

Forgive me if this is already a feature, but I bet that a line of accessories that negates any negative effects of the weather-related conditions would be amazing. They should also be able to be merged into one grand accessory at some point (Like the boots or balloons.) to save on space. Stuff like shoe-weights to negate effects from the wind, (Arguably the most detrimental effect of the mod.) and a lightning rod, and something that keeps meteors away from you... all that good stuff. Just stuff to make people feel like they have more control over the weather than they do.
I disagree. Negating the conditions of weather with an accessory - and even, Arceus forbid it, uniting them - completely removes any uniqueness of those weathers, turning them into just pretty pictures on background. Having to counteract them is more depth to the gameplay which is welcome :)

Ordinarily I would agree, yes. There are just some times when playing a game that I want to be able to move both to the left and to the right, not just to the right. :p

If that sentence sounded bizarre, it's because it's what was happening to me in-game a lot with the Mighty Wind debuff. Probably more often than I thought it reasonable.

This mod, compared to other big ones, has the least content, but still manages to climb to the top with quality mechanics and depth to it. I haven't seen any other mod go into such detail and variety about weathers as you did! And it's all done so well, this is just amazing! I hope we'll see even more weathers in the future :)

Little suggestion by me - it would be amazing if you could make two things: a portable item that tells you about detected weathers and an upgraded beacon that also tells you approximate time in minutes till the detected weather ends. Absolutely not required - but would still be cool nonetheless!
Just wait until you hear about the Climate Surveyor, which is precisely that. It's functionally similar to other information accessories like the radar and weather radio, and acts as a beacon in your pocket. I don't quite recall how to obtain it, but if I'm remembering correctly, it should be something you buy off the Goblin Tinkerer once your world has entered hardmode. Unique weathers - except for Light Rain and Heavy Rain - seem to end once the world shifts between night or day, at 7:30PM and 4:30AM respectively. If you have a watch or something similar on you, you can use that to work out how much longer a given weather will last.

I thought for sure it was this mod. on cheat sheet, there are mimics that spawn and it just says "event." Whatever mod it is, it's not this one. Okay.

Quick suggestion:

Making some of these have some special effects when used with overhaul.
I kind of feel like if some stuff happened that could end up relating to overhaul, it would be really nice.
Sorry if this was hard to understand I cant explain it well.

I should probably try this one out, Im starting a new game with lots of mods so this would be nice
Btw nice sprites

So when are y'all gonna delete Autumn Winds? The pumpkins are annoying and the Hoppin' Jacks in pre-HM are nightmares.

Back
Top Bottom