Member-Run Project Vechi's Art Box

Should I put more of my art up here when I draw it?

• Total voters

Eldrithia

Queen Bee
TailedVechi's Art Box
*Somewhat Open (Picky on what I'll do.)*
This is my art thread, I used to run this back when I was using my original name. Finally, I have begun to upgrade, and clean up some of my old threads. So this is the art one, hope you enjoy the new cleaned up art style that I've been using.

Now for examples of my art below, not a lot of this was done seriously more for just character references. But this is how I draw so I guess it'll be alright, I've been trying to work on poses.
tumblr_ohq5x5eLHL1vmfu52o1_r1_400.png
tumblr_ohq5ul228O1vmfu52o1_r2_400.png

tumblr_ohq4j0b7bY1vmfu52o1_500.png

tumblr_o0t7i2ejrD1um6gbfo1_500.png

tumblr_obzstgVN651um6gbfo1_400.png

tumblr_o82u5hsdSh1um6gbfo1_400.png

tumblr_ohq4mrkaMv1vmfu52o1_r1_400.png

tumblr_oi26o73y3L1vmfu52o1_500.png

tumblr_oiv3en4sUn1vmfu52o1_r1_400.png

tumblr_oiv1d3a8ro1vmfu52o1_400.png

tumblr_oj67dvoPvh1vmfu52o1_540.png

tumblr_ohq62npy8q1vmfu52o1_r1_400.png
Rules Of Requesting -
  1. I have a very particular art style, but this is not going to make me try to avoid getting the best quality I can.
  2. I sometimes have trouble drawing things so they will be stylized in a certain way a lot of the time.
  3. Obviously, if I get full on my request or get too many in a short time I will close.
  4. I will save things in a way so I can edit them if you want me to, so don't be afraid to ask for a change on it. Just don't be rude.

Last edited:
I really like it! I'd normally offer some feedback, but your art-style's very smooth, very cutesy, which isn't really in my realm to criticise. But really, I couldn't criticise it anyways - the stuff looks great, even the shading's spot on!

I don't generally like telling Artists what to draw, but do keep drawing whatever you fancy, and keep up the good work!

draw this in animatronic version with 2 tails, without an eye, and with a christmas hat.
Anthro Cat.png

I'd normally offer some feedback, but your art-style's very smooth, very cutesy, which isn't really in my realm to criticise. But really, I couldn't criticise it anyways - the stuff looks great, even the shading's spot on!

I like you Shotte, you're a cool dude, but this is where I have to put down my foot and disagree with you.

crtitque incoming!
Sure, this does have some positive things to it, and I know feedback that only points out the positive is pleasing to read through, but that isn't what makes one develop as an artist. One need to point out the flaws too if the artist himself doesn't see them.

Now then, let's go through the positive first. As Shotte did say, it has this cutesy feel to it. Lineart is smooth and stylized in a way. You're following anatomy nicely, hands below waist, legs as long as torso and elbows are at the optimal height, which is very good.

But..

To sugarcoat it -- It is still not something you'd want to travel across the world just to spread the word about these drawings.
Shading is not "spot on". The idea about where the light is coming from is okay, but the execution is not. Even though you might say "but it's my style", it's too weak. Shadows is not something you can just plop on as just a line on the other side of the object in question. If you're not using the shade to show how the object is shaped, at least have more. It is not a good thing to be "afraid of the dark". In drawing, it is better to have "too much" shadows, rather than too little. Personally, I don't think you can get "too much" shadows =w= So to begin with, jsut to get out of your comfort-zone, try applying more shadows in upcoming drawings. Experiment with 'em! Add shadows where you feel uncomfortable about adding shadows just to see how it looks. make them show how the object is shaped like, as in if the object has a glossy texture, it's smooth, if it's a round surface, make the shadow bend like the object bends.
Highlight is also something for itself, as you shouldn't treat it the same way as you treat shadows. It's usually not the same amount of highlight as it is shadows on a drawing, but don't be afraid to use it. Just be carefull that you don't overdo it.
Enough about the shadows and hghlight.

There is another matter I'd like to see you improve at.
How you draw your characters is an issue. They all has a very static pose, and is frankly, boring to look at. Make them do more varied stuff! One could pose as if it's falling, ready to hit the ground with its feet. One could stand ready to battle, one could be jumping, one could have a slightly different falling pose where it's kinda floating while lying on its back etc. Make it intresting to look at, and you'll be sure to make way more people intrested in your work.

I could nitpick at your lineart, saying it's kinda bulky and really thick which could become a hindrance later when you want smaller details. What I WILL say though, is that you should at least start practicing with thinner lineart, just to give yourself a head-start to when/if you really decide that you need it.

Overall, I can see a style is starting to develop, which is good, but it's developing and still needs work. You've taken some of the few first steps. congrats. Keep it up and work on your flaws, and I'm sure you'll improve drastically.

Keep up the good work and have a nice day~

Last edited:
I like you Shotte, you're a cool dude, but this is where I have to put down my foot and disagree with you.

crtitque incoming!
Sure, this does have some positive things to it, and I know feedback that only points out the positive is pleasing to read through, but that isn't what makes one develop as an artist. One need to point out the flaws too if the artist himself doesn't see them.

Now then, let's go through the positive first. As Shotte did say, it has this cutesy feel to it. Lineart is smooth and stylized in a way. You're following anatomy nicely, hands below waist, legs as long as torso and elbows are at the optimal height, which is very good.

But..

To sugarcoat it -- It is still not something you'd want to travel across the world just to spread the word about these drawings.
Shading is not "spot on". The idea about where the light is coming from is okay, but the execution is not. Even though you might say "but it's my style", it's too weak. Shadows is not something you can just plop on as just a line on the other side of the object in question. If you're not using the shade to show how the object is shaped, at least have more. It is not a good thing to be "afraid of the dark". In drawing, it is better to have "too much" shadows, rather than too little. Personally, I don't think you can get "too much" shadows =w= So to begin with, jsut to get out of your comfort-zone, try applying more shadows in upcoming drawings. Experiment with 'em! Add shadows where you feel uncomfortable about adding shadows just to see how it looks. make them show how the object is shaped like, as in if the object has a glossy texture, it's smooth, if it's a round surface, make the shadow bend like the object bends.
Highlight is also something for itself, as you shouldn't treat it the same way as you treat shadows. It's usually not the same amount of highlight as it is shadows on a drawing, but don't be afraid to use it. Just be carefull that you don't overdo it.
Enough about the shadows and hghlight.

There is another matter I'd like to see you improve at.
How you draw your characters is an issue. They all has a very static pose, and is frankly, boring to look at. Make them do more varied stuff! One could pose as if it's falling, ready to hit the ground with its feet. One could stand ready to battle, one could be jumping, one could have a slightly different falling pose where it's kinda floating while lying on its back etc. Make it intresting to look at, and you'll be sure to make way more people intrested in your work.

I could nitpick at your lineart, saying it's kinda bulky and really thick which could become a hindrance later when you want smaller details. What I WILL say though, is that you should at least start practicing with thinner lineart, just to give yourself a head-start to when/if you really decide that you need it.

Overall, I can see a style is starting to develop, which is good, but it's developing and still needs work. You've taken some of the few first steps. congrats. Keep it up and work on your flaws, and I'm sure you'll improve drastically.

Keep up the good work and have a nice day~
Thank you for the suggestions,I might start thinking about working on the shadows,and the really bulky lineart.

Redid my art thread finally, it looks so much better. You can request, but I'm somewhat picky so please try not to get mad.

Do you have any recent art to show off? :p
I do believe that this is my most recent piece of art, generally, it is the same style, but with colored lines.
tumblr_oi26o73y3L1vmfu52o1_500.png

All the art I have up currently in the terraria section is of my newer style other than the last picture. This picture is not terraria related because I draw other stuff as well.

tumblr_oiv1d3a8ro1vmfu52o1_400.png
tumblr_oiv3en4sUn1vmfu52o1_r1_400.png
These are two new pictures one is my representative, and the other is of an original character of mine called Mirdir, both are redraws with some differences. I'll add them to the main post soon.

tumblr_ohq62npy8q1vmfu52o1_r1_400.png
tumblr_oj67dvoPvh1vmfu52o1_540.png
These are more recent picture redos, one is of an oc, and the other is of two undertale au characters from an au I own.

Back
Top Bottom