Items Vegetables

Spazmatism7

Plantera
Now we have fruits, so why not vegetables. They could all be a rare (2%) drop from their respective enemy(ies)/sources.

• Broccoli (Green Slimes)
  • Carrots (Red Slimes, Demon Eyes and Wandering Eyes) (Thanks @noahblast20 for the idea)
  • Eggplants (Purple Slimes)
  • Red Onions (Red Slimes)
  • Blueroot (Blue Slimes)
  • Black Pepper (Black Slimes)
  • Dark Mushrooms (Undead)
  • Turnips (Demon/Wandering Eyes)
  • Radishes (Dungeon)
  • Radioactive Veggie (Moon Lord) [100% chance]
  • Spinach (Plant enemies) [5% drop chance]

• Potatoes/Carrots (Dirt)
  • Broccoli (Forest Grass, 0.5%)
  • Dark Mushrooms (Grow in Evil biomes)

They would all give the Well Fed buff upon consumption.

Combinations of different vegetables would result in different salads. Or one salad that has a different sprite similar to how its made (like gel). Many salads would require spinach. The more complex salads give longer buff times

Types
  • Carrot and Potato salad: Doesn't require spinach, made just from Carrots and Potatoes. [WF 15]
  • Exquisite Salad: Spinach, Eggplants, Red Onions, Blueroot, Mushrooms, and Turnips [ES 10]
  • Root Salad: Potatoes, Carrots, and Radishes [PS 10]
  • Radioactive Salad: Spinach, Radishes, and Radioactive Veggie [ES 10]
More to come

Last edited:
11/28/22:
Carrots are dropped by eye enemies instead of solar enemies

5/31/22 Update 2:
Renamed Mushrooms to Dark Mushrooms cause Mushrooms already exist
Some Vegetables can be found by destroying blocks/grass
Potatoes are no longer dropped by non-existent slimes

5/31/22 Update 1:
Added Spinach
Added Salads

Last edited:
Hey, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I have a few issues with your idea.

1.Unless this a addition to the mod you seem to be making, the fact that brown slimes don't exist might be a problem for potato's.
2.Why can you get carrots from solar enemies? seems like a completely arbitrary addition for such a late game enemy.
3.Radioactive veggies are way to rare for what they do, on average you would have to kill 500 moonlords for one radioactive vegetable. just to make something 3 minuets less of exquisitely stuffed than the exquisite salad
4. speaking of which, all of these vegetables are very rare and they only give the same buff as a apple, which you can get within the first minuet of the game.
5.Why is spinach just jungle, I'm assuming its all jungle enemies? and if that's the case, why also multiply the odd's to get spinach by x25? that makes it so that you get a lot of spinach and not a lot of everything else.

Personally, I like the idea that you might be able to get some vegetables by cutting grass, with a insanely low rate cause grass is way more common, say, a 0.5% or lower.
these could be found in the forest, jungle, evil, and hallow . you can designate whatever vegetable to whatever biome you want.
radioactive vegetables might just go away entirely as they don't really fit in, or they might be made with late game stuff for a extremely good food buff ( ES 30-40 min) but with a big downside as well (Radiation sickness or something).

Of course, these are just my idea's, and I'm just some random guy on the internet online, so you do you, I just thought you might like these idea's for veggies.

Hey, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I have a few issues with your idea.

1.Unless this a addition to the mod you seem to be making, the fact that brown slimes don't exist might be a problem for potato's.
2.Why can you get carrots from solar enemies? seems like a completely arbitrary addition for such a late game enemy.
3.Radioactive veggies are way to rare for what they do, on average you would have to kill 500 moonlords for one radioactive vegetable. just to make something 3 minuets less of exquisitely stuffed than the exquisite salad
4. speaking of which, all of these vegetables are very rare and they only give the same buff as a apple, which you can get within the first minuet of the game.
5.Why is spinach just jungle, I'm assuming its all jungle enemies? and if that's the case, why also multiply the odd's to get spinach by x25? that makes it so that you get a lot of spinach and not a lot of everything else.

Personally, I like the idea that you might be able to get some vegetables by cutting grass, with a insanely low rate cause grass is way more common, say, a 0.5% or lower.
these could be found in the forest, jungle, evil, and hallow . you can designate whatever vegetable to whatever biome you want.
radioactive vegetables might just go away entirely as they don't really fit in, or they might be made with late game stuff for a extremely good food buff ( ES 30-40 min) but with a big downside as well (Radiation sickness or something).

Of course, these are just my idea's, and I'm just some random guy on the internet online, so you do you, I just thought you might like these idea's for veggies.
  1. No clue why I put Brown Slimes. No this is not part of my mod.
  2. Again, not entirely sure
  3. I forgot to put the exception, they are a 100% chance drop
  4. I'll bump up the common-ness
  5. I'll make it only Plant enemies. Its for salads, once I make more that actually need it

Like the idea on the grass cutting. I'll edit the post with a lot of changes

Now we have fruits, so why not vegetables. They could all be a rare (2%) drop from their respective enemy(ies)/sources.

• Broccoli (Green Slimes)
  • Carrots (Solar, Red Slimes)
  • Eggplants (Purple Slimes)
  • Red Onions (Red Slimes)
  • Blueroot (Blue Slimes)
  • Black Pepper (Black Slimes)
  • Dark Mushrooms (Undead)
  • Turnips (Demon/Wandering Eyes)
  • Radishes (Dungeon)
  • Radioactive Veggie (Moon Lord) [100% chance]
  • Spinach (Plant enemies) [5% drop chance]

• Potatoes/Carrots (Dirt)
  • Broccoli (Forest Grass, 0.5%)
  • Dark Mushrooms (Grow in Evil biomes)

They would all give the Well Fed buff upon consumption.

Combinations of different vegetables would result in different salads. Or one salad that has a different sprite similar to how its made (like gel). Many salads would require spinach. The more complex salads give longer buff times

Types
  • Carrot and Potato salad: Doesn't require spinach, made just from Carrots and Potatoes. [WF 15]
  • Exquisite Salad: Spinach, Eggplants, Red Onions, Blueroot, Mushrooms, and Turnips [ES 10]
  • Root Salad: Potatoes, Carrots, and Radishes [PS 10]
  • Radioactive Salad: Spinach, Radishes, and Radioactive Veggie [ES 10]
More to come
I like this! its a cool idea.

Make hell enemies drop chili
Cucumber by zombies

Also slightly unrelated: make nurse hate you more if you have apples in your inventory

Back
Top Bottom