tModLoader VeinMiner Mod - Mine ores faster!

Any progress on getting this to work with mods? With Thorium, Calamity, Spirit and pinky mods, I'm running into the point where there's more modded ores than vanilla ores and this would really come in handy. Works perfectly for the regular ores though.

Any progress on getting this to work with mods? With Thorium, Calamity, Spirit and pinky mods, I'm running into the point where there's more modded ores than vanilla ores and this would really come in handy. Works perfectly for the regular ores though.
You'll have to mouse over the ore tile (with smart cursor off I believe) and use the hotkey to add the ore to the modded white list. You should only have to do this once per ore type.

You'll have to mouse over the ore tile (with smart cursor off I believe) and use the hotkey to add the ore to the modded white list. You should only have to do this once per ore type.
Oh ok thanks. I confused "Whitelist" with "Blacklist" I guess, and though that option was to stop it from automatically mining certain kinds of ore.

Oh ok thanks. I confused "Whitelist" with "Blacklist" I guess, and though that option was to stop it from automatically mining certain kinds of ore.
Those hotkeys add/remove ores directly to/from config, so with them you can even disable default ores for a while and add them back later.

Last edited:
Updated the mod to 1.2.2
- Added new config line called "ToggleVeinmineHotkey" (ignores InvertVeinmineHotkey), if set to true pressing the VeinMine hotkey toggles the ability to use VeinMiner.

- Added some proper Multiplayer support:
* Veinmining is now handled by server, not by players, so players having other configs will not have the possibility to Veinmine tiles they shouldn't have been able to.
* "Add/Remove tile from whitelist" hotkeys won't work on servers, the only way to add new tiles to the config is to manually edit the config file OR have the server owner switch to single player, add/remove wanted tiles and reload server.
**Activating Veinminer by other players holding the hotkey, but when you are mining, unfortunately still might happen.

- Some minor code changes.

I was wondering if someone could help with this error. It only happens when I use the VeinMiner mod, and it happens like 1/4th of the time.

This is the error log (the window that pops up on crash has more if you need that):
Nesting more than one SpriteBatch.Begin when using a SpriteBatch with SpriteSortMode.Immediate is not allowed.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayers()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

I was wondering if someone could help with this error. It only happens when I use the VeinMiner mod, and it happens like 1/4th of the time.

This is the error log (the window that pops up on crash has more if you need that):
Nesting more than one SpriteBatch.Begin when using a SpriteBatch with SpriteSortMode.Immediate is not allowed.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayers()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
This is not directly because of VeinMiner, because I'm not calling any methods related to SpriteBatch in my mod.
It might happen because my mod uses threads, and destroying a tile (with Terraria's method KillTile) while Terraria is drawing things may trigger some mods to start drawing effects or something.
Could you either send me a full list of your enabled mods OR try disabling other mods one by one until it stops crashing?

I occasional get this:
VeinMiner threw an exception while Veinmining:
at VeinMiner.VeinMiner.<ProcessVeinmine>d__6.MoveNext()
Also on consistent use I get lag spikes that drop me to under 1 FPS
Can I get some help?

I occasional get this:
VeinMiner threw an exception while Veinmining:
at VeinMiner.VeinMiner.<ProcessVeinmine>d__6.MoveNext()
Also on consistent use I get lag spikes that drop me to under 1 FPS
Can I get some help?
If those lag spikes happen only when VeinMiner is doing it's job, go to the config (Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\VeinMiner.json) and edit the line
"DelayBetweenMiningBlocks": 5,
to
"DelayBetweenMiningBlocks": 0,
Save it and reload mods/launch Terraria, and tell me if you're still having those lag spikes.

I'll solve that exception later.

I am still getting them. IDK if it is one of my mods, or if it is a problem with my block limit (9999) or if it is something else.
Here's that bottom section of the config...

"OresOnly": false,
"MaxAmountOfBlocks": 9999,
"InvertVeinmineHotkey": false,
"ToggleVeinmineHotkey": false,
"PerformDistanceCheck": false

There is a critical bug. On the first 3 hours I used the mod it worked fine but after a while it started DESTROYING ALL THE DIRT IN MY WORLD. Please fix this

I am still getting them. IDK if it is one of my mods, or if it is a problem with my block limit (9999) or if it is something else.
Here's that bottom section of the config...

"OresOnly": false,
"MaxAmountOfBlocks": 9999,
"InvertVeinmineHotkey": false,
"ToggleVeinmineHotkey": false,
"PerformDistanceCheck": false
Well, the more blocks you set as a max, the more memory it will use. How much RAM do you have?

There is a critical bug. On the first 3 hours I used the mod it worked fine but after a while it started DESTROYING ALL THE DIRT IN MY WORLD. Please fix this
Are you completely sure you haven't added dirt to the whitelist (with the hotkey for example)? Check the config if there is a "0" under the "OreTiles" OR press the delete button while hovering over the dirt in game (just make sure the hotkey is bound to the key).
Every time YOU mine a tile the mod is checking if that tile ID is in the whitelist, so that really shouldn't have happened.

It seems that the block limit is not the problem...
This is what happens, even with the 100 block limit (happens at 9999 too...)

It seems that the block limit is not the problem...
This is what happens, even with the 100 block limit (happens at 9999 too...)
I'll try to optimize VeinMining, but don't expect it too soon as I'm currently "bored" with this mod ;P

is it possible to make the exp from leveled/unleveled still be added while using veinminer?
Can you provide the link to the mod you mean?
Btw. it may be possible, depends on the author of the mod and the mod itself.

Back
Top Bottom