tModLoader VeinMiner Mod - Mine ores faster!

Updated the mod to 1.1.1
  • Added all gems (Amethyst, Diamond etc.) as ores
  • Added slush, silt and fossil as ores
  • Added new config option (amount of time between each block break in milliseconds)
  • Fixed (I hope) VeinMiner randomly stopping working.

Uh so you're supposed to just holde down Tilde and mine? It isn't working. Using 1.1.1

Not sure if you fixed the bug everyone is reporting.

Uh so you're supposed to just holde down Tilde and mine? It isn't working. Using 1.1.1

Not sure if you fixed the bug everyone is reporting.
Are you sure that in Terraria in in-game Controls menu you have the Veinmine keybind set to Tilde?
I've uploaded a photo on the main post how it is supposed to look like.

Last edited:
Yeah its bound to Tilde, but it just doesn't do anything. Can you print to console some debug stuff so we can help you fix this?

The mod doesn't mines desert fossil.
(I think) When I use the multi-tool and the yellow box is on an ore it mines the blocks where the actual cursor is not the ore.
Hope the feedback helps :)

Last edited:
When I play modded minecraft, VeinMiner cuts my mining time in half, so it makes me happy to see someone bringing this ability to Terraria.

"Hey, did you know this modpack has veinminer?"

Thank you, I can now make this Etho-joke in Terraria. Jokes aside, this is great stuff!

Dang it, this person got to it before me.

Can you make a config to work with gems (ruby, diamond etc.), silt, slush, and fossil? Looking forward to your answer :) And the bug we discovered is not so bad but I have to go back to the cave... that's annoying. But knowing you are working on fix makes the bug much forgettable.
Its a id's he can't do block names but I think he can get the id's of them to make it happen! :happy:

I'm also having the issue with Veinminer suddenly not working after around 10 minutes of gameplay.

Gameversion 1.3.5.2

Mods (from tModLoader 0.10.1):

Recipe Browser 0.5
TeraBackup 0.0.2.3
Unleveled Mod 0.6
Wing Slot 1.2.12
Thorium Mod 1.4.3.4
Boss Checklist 0.1.4.2
No Ammo Required 0.11
Leveled Mod 0.9.3.1
VeinMiner 1.1.1 ... ;-)
Antisocial 1.0.1

I'm not an expert on coding but could the problem have something to do with Veinminer's attempts to detect modded ores causing to "fizzle out" or something?

---

EDIT: So I left the game on pause for about half an hour and when I came back, I was able to veinmine. But in the middle of a caving trip, it fizzled out on me. So maybe the game's treating the power to veinmine as a buff for some reason?

Last edited:
Eek, it just crashes for me now, when I try to use it..;( Otherwise i love the mod, I hope you can get it fixed! ^^ Er... at least know what's going on. It doesn't even display an error.

i notice that sometimes instead of veinmining the ores it instead mines about 100 stone, i only have it veinmining ores in config and 1.1.1
I've noticed this too, but it seems to happen in that grace period the mod actually works, and while you have the quick mine (ctrl mining) turned on. When you have some ore selected with ctrl mine, and you're hovering over stone or some other block it does this.
[doublepost=1511230813,1511230709][/doublepost]Is there a github for this mod? I'd like to have a peek at the code, I might be able to figure out why it stops after a few minutes. (I don't have any experience in terraria modding, but I know my logic pretty well :p )

Seems to randomly stop and start working for me too. Sometimes it will randomly work, but more often than not it doesn't.

Updated the mod to 1.1.2

• Added support for Smart Cursor

• Fixed VeinMiner randomly stopping working again (I hope)

Excellent! Thank you!

It seems to be working well, judging from a few minutes of play though. :)

I did find an issue though (painfully). Perhaps it's unrelated...?
Most of my base cellar is gone now (hehe...) as VeinMiner seems to be ignoring the "MaxAmountOfBlocks" value completely and mined off an enormous chunk of my base.
I'd say it's perhaps mining about 1000 blocks?

I set "OresOnly" to false to be able to gather other valuables as well (rubies, diamonds etc)

Could you also look into that MaxValue issue? Thanks! :- )

My config:
Code:
{
  "OresOnly": false,
  "MaxAmountOfBlocks": 25,
  "DelayBetweenMiningBlocks": 5
}

Game version 1.3.5.2
Mods (from tModLoader 0.10.1):
Code:
Recipe Browser 0.5
TeraBackup 0.0.2.3
Unleveled Mod 0.6
Wing Slot 1.2.10
Thorium Mod 1.4.3.5
Boss Checklist 0.1.4.2
Leveled Mod 0.9.3.1
VeinMiner 1.1.2
Antisocial 1.0.1

I disabled the No Ammo Required mod. It was causing enormous issues with world creation.

Back
Top Bottom