tModLoader VeinMiner Mod - Mine ores faster!

a random crash occurs when using this mod

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetGlobalItem(Item item, Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Item.GetGlobalItem(Mod mod, String name)
at Terraria.Item.GetGlobalItem[T](Mod mod)
at ItemCustomizer.CustomizerMod.<>c.<Load>b__6_1(Int32 shaderID, Item item)
at ShaderLib.Shaders.ItemShader.PreDrawInWorld(Item item, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor, Color alphaColor, Single& rotation, Single& scale, Int32 whoAmI)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.PreDrawInWorld(Item item, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor, Color alphaColor, Single& rotation, Single& scale, Int32 whoAmI)
at Terraria.Main.DrawItem(Item item, Int32 whoami)
at Terraria.Main.DrawItems()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
Are you sure it’s VeinMiner?
at ItemCustomizer.CustomizerMod.<>c.<Load>b__6_1(Int32 shaderID, Item item)
at ShaderLib.Shaders.ItemShader.PreDrawInWorld(Item item, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Color lightColor, Color alphaColor, Single& rotation, Single& scale, Int32 whoAmI)

The white list isn't saving for me. I think whenever the mod is reloaded, the white list is reset and thus cleared. If I add tiles to the white list mid-game, they do save to the config file. I didn't even know config files could be changed mid game. Normally I only see them changed if they are deleted and then recreated.

hey, i noticed when i mined meteorite with veinminer, the meteorite didn't show up. The meteor vanished but nothing came out of it.

hey, i noticed when i mined meteorite with veinminer, the meteorite didn't show up. The meteor vanished but nothing came out of it.
Hmm, that's weird. Did the meteor vanish instatnly, or tile by tile? I've tried it on my end and the meteorite dropped correctly.
Also, have you tried VeinMiner and other ores?

Updated the mod to 1.2.1
- Fixed tile whitelist not loading or saving properly
Thanks for the speedy fix. Works like a charm.

For some reason, Thorium's platinum (and possibly gold) ores in the Aquatic Depths are not working with vein mining. Specifically the mod tile SynthPlatinum doesn't vein mine even when on the white list.

Thanks for the speedy fix. Works like a charm.

For some reason, Thorium's platinum (and possibly gold) ores in the Aquatic Depths are not working with vein mining. Specifically the mod tile SynthPlatinum doesn't vein mine even when on the white list.
Just have tested this myself and it doesn't work for me either, which is weird.
Mining it with the OresOnly set to false works, so I guess it might be some weird naming issue. I'll try to find the solution soon.
Thanks for info :p

Last edited:
Bug Report:
In multiplayer, if one player is holding down the VeinMiner hotkey and another player mines something that would be veinmined, it will veinmine even though that player doesn't have the hotkey pressed. To clarify further, Player 1 holds down the hotkey. Player 2 mines iron ore. Player 2 gets veinminer even though Player 1 is holding down the hotkey.

One thing that really bugs me is that when I want to mine a single dirt block while pressing ~ (my key is 'v' so I'll be saying v from now on) when I do mine a single block of dirt on the surface, the game crashes after a certain point.

I just wanted to have fun.

hi, one information I couldn't find on your mod: whether it's just always this quick, or if it takes pickaxe power/speed into account

EDIT: and couldn't make it work

Last edited:
Bug Report:
In multiplayer, if one player is holding down the VeinMiner hotkey and another player mines something that would be veinmined, it will veinmine even though that player doesn't have the hotkey pressed. To clarify further, Player 1 holds down the hotkey. Player 2 mines iron ore. Player 2 gets veinminer even though Player 1 is holding down the hotkey.
I will fix it soon, thanks for info :)

One thing that really bugs me is that when I want to mine a single dirt block while pressing ~ (my key is 'v' so I'll be saying v from now on) when I do mine a single block of dirt on the surface, the game crashes after a certain point.

I just wanted to have fun.
Does it simply crash without any information?
What are the specs of your PC/laptop?
Could you send me your logs (Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs) in a private message?

hi, one information I couldn't find on your mod: whether it's just always this quick, or if it takes pickaxe power/speed into account

EDIT: and couldn't make it work
The quickness is based on the config, and it's by default set to 5ms between each block mined.
Are you sure your keybinds are bound? Try other buttons if ~ doesn't work.
What are you trying to mine? The mod mines ores only by default, and some modded ores won't work and it's not my fault, simply add them with the "Add tile to whitelist" keybind.
Have you edited the config? Clearing the OreTypes config option will make VeinMiner not work on vanilla game ores. Maybe try deleting the config and restarting the game?

yeah I bound a key, and all that. Didn't touch the configuration file. And was trying on some surface copper.
but anyway I'm not too interested in it, since I thought it might take mining speed/power into account but it doesn't ;)
Thanks a lot for the quick response *hats off*

I love this mod. But do you think you can add a function for walls, one of the worst things about building a house underground is having to deal with the dirt walls and I think it would be a big help for anybody trying to do large scale houses and dont want to have to deal with replacing walls.

Do you think you could make the vein mining hotkey a toggle? Sometimes I want it on or off and even the invert key config doesn't help with that. I would find it so much easier than having to hold down a key whenever I want or don't want to vein mine. Perhaps even a message saying vein mining is on or off once the toggle hotkey is pressed.

I love this mod. But do you think you can add a function for walls, one of the worst things about building a house underground is having to deal with the dirt walls and I think it would be a big help for anybody trying to do large scale houses and dont want to have to deal with replacing walls.
I might add it in a future, because there are usually no "ore walls" :)

Do you think you could make the vein mining hotkey a toggle? Sometimes I want it on or off and even the invert key config doesn't help with that. I would find it so much easier than having to hold down a key whenever I want or don't want to vein mine. Perhaps even a message saying vein mining is on or off once the toggle hotkey is pressed.
I'll add a config option to make the key toggle VeinMiner soon.

Back
Top Bottom