tModLoader VeinMiner Mod - Mine ores faster!

Please bump down the default max blocks mined from 1000 to something like 100, that's about the max size of most veins. I somehow managed to whitelist dirt and destroyed quite a bit of terrain on accident, which would be mostly mitigated if the limit was smaller.
I was thinking about making VeinMining work only when you hold the hotkey, but that or decrease in max blocks will have to wait for the VeinMiner rewrite I'm planning (don't get your hopes up to soon, I wanted to do it for a long time now, can't find time and will to do it though).

Onyx from Thorium isn't mined by default.
Would you mind sending me the config line from the config file once you added Onyx to the whitelist?
I'll add it to the online list that's being downloaded each time the mod reloads.

What's up with the versioning? Your OP has

But the latest github version is v1.3.0.5, not 1.3.4.4?
I understand the confusion :D
One person once asked me if I could make a version for Terraria 1.3.4.4 (tML 0.9.2.3), so I did and provided a link for everyone interested.

Would you mind sending me the config line from the config file once you added Onyx to the whitelist?

Local name 'Onyx' in ore form and 'PlacedGem' when placed down, no numeric IDs seem to be added to the config.

I was thinking about making VeinMining work only when you hold the hotkey, but that or decrease in max blocks will have to wait for the VeinMiner rewrite I'm planning (don't get your hopes up to soon, I wanted to do it for a long time now, can't find time and will to do it though).
That's alright, take your time!

One person once asked me if I could make a version for Terraria 1.3.4.4 (tML 0.9.2.3), so I did and provided a link for everyone interested.
Could you then please turn it from this:
- VeinMiner.tmod (latest version)
- VeinMiner.tmod (1.3.4.4, tML v0.9.2.3)

To something like this this:
- VeinMiner.tmod - latest version
- VeinMiner.tmod - Terraria 1.3.4.4(legacy), tML v0.9.2.3

So people instantly know what is what? Thanks!

Local name 'Onyx' in ore form and 'PlacedGem' when placed down, no numeric IDs seem to be added to the config.
Added Onyx to the online whitelist, mining Onyx now without it being in the normal whitelist should work.
I think adding PlacedGem doesn't make sense tbh.
Thanks btw!

To something like this this:
- VeinMiner.tmod - latest version
- VeinMiner.tmod - Terraria 1.3.4.4(legacy), tML v0.9.2.3
Makes sense, edited it to be like that.

> I think adding PlacedGem doesn't make sense tbh.
ExposedGems from vanilla are veinmined, isn't it inconsistent to only veinmine vanilla placed gems and not mod placed gems?

I found more which aren't in the list, would be great if you could add them!

ThermiteOre (SpiritMod)
BismuthOre (SacredTools)
VenomiteOre (SacredTools)
SeaPrism (CalamityMod)

Last edited:
Is there any way to check and see what ores are listed in the VeinMiner whitelist? If not, I think that would be an essential add-on!

Is there any way to check and see what ores are listed in the VeinMiner whitelist? If not, I think that would be an essential add-on!

This may not be exactly what you want, but, the user defined white list is stored, I think, in <terraria user folder>/ModLoader/ModConfigs/VeinMiner.json (which you should be able to read with any text editor, notepad++ would be my suggestion). Unfortunately vanilla ores are stored numerically only, so that might not be much help unless you have a key or table for the values.

Oh, also, @C0rn3j - there is a variable for "MaxAmountOfBlocks": 1000, that's set in that file, so you may be able to override that?

ETA: I love this mod, easily one of my absolute favorites, thanks for all the work on it Nano!

Last edited:
Why does Vein miner not work when I try and play it with the Calamity mod?
Every time I make sure its reloaded and I go into my world and check my mod config and its not there, then I test it to see if its just not showing in the controls or config but it still does not work.
Even loaded a new world to see if it doesn't allow mid world downloads, and still doesn't work.
I even tried to disable the other mods and just go into a world with just vein miner and it still does not work.

I tried running VeinMiner on my server but it always gets disabled somhow.
This is the error:

It has been detected that this mod was built for tModLoader v0.10.1.5
However, you are using tModLoader v0.11.7.5
The mod(s) have been automatically disabled.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hello, I absolutely love this mod. It is so helpful and so satisfying! I have one question though. Is there any way to enable it automatically when I start up the game and make it just stay on.

Back
Top Bottom