tModLoader Vending Machines

I've uncovered a very bizarre bug. It seems that homing projectiles fired by the player will, for some inexplicable reason, try to home in on the vending machines. They don't hit anything (except maybe the wall, depending on their trajectory), and just keep zooming around the vending machine. This continues even after the vending machine has been removed.

EDIT: An additional note, the bug only triggers after the vending machine has been used.

I've uncovered a very bizarre bug. It seems that homing projectiles fired by the player will, for some inexplicable reason, try to home in on the vending machines. They don't hit anything (except maybe the wall, depending on their trajectory), and just keep zooming around the vending machine. This continues even after the vending machine has been removed.

EDIT: An additional note, the bug only triggers after the vending machine has been used.

This is because the vending machine contains a small 1x1 sized immortal NPC in the center, to provide the NPC shop content. I just forgot to make it friendly, so homing projectiles would go after it. Tried a fix with a couple of homing projectiles, and it appears to be fixed.

v1.2.0.2 ChangeLog
Fixed a bug where homing weapons homed in on vending machines.

I got a bug with the travelling merchant vending machine, for some reason it only ever sells the revolver, the code 2, the zebra skin, pad thai and the martia lisa every single day, any ideas what could cause this ?

Last edited:
I got a bug with the travelling merchant vending machine, for some reason it only ever sells the revolver, the code 2, the zebra skin, pad thai and the martia lisa every single day, any ideas what could cause this ?
What was happening is that the travel shop cycling code (of the mod) was running too specifically, and in some cases would fail to generate a new shop, even if the day passed. Fixed in the new version.

v1.2.0.3 ChangeLog
Fixed a bug where the traveling salesman vending machine did not update with a new day.

I have the bug that the Shop instantly closes after rightclicking the Vending Maschine. It is open for a split second and i can spamrightclick to see what it sells but nothing else. I have a few mods installed. Are there any known problematic mods i can't use with this one?

This mod is great, thanks for making and sharing it!

Have you considered making custom sprites for each NPC? Something simple like this, or anything else you had in mind:

sCUbFOd.png
pXc7jsU.png

I've been encountering a bug with the mod. When breaking the Nurse vending machine it will occasionally turn into an Empty vending machine, I've been unable to find the exact cause of this and I'm unsure whether or not this happens with any other NPC vending machine.

Terraria Version - 1.3.5.2
TModLoader Version - 0.10.0.2
Vending Machines Version - 1.2.0.3

Other Mods
Wing Slot - v1.2.9
Boss Checklist - v0.1.3.2
Experience And Classes - v1.2.6
Calamity Mod - v1.1.7.971
Unleveled Mod - v0.4.2
Spirit Mod - v1.3.0.52
Recipe Browser v0.2.2
Thorium Mod - v1.4.0.6
Which Mod Is This From? - v2.4

Not sure if these details will help but I am running the game on Windows 10 64 bit operating system and the server is running on Linux Mint 18 also 64 bit.

hello i have the following issue sometimes when i break a vending machine in this case the travelling merchant it becomes empty and i need to recraft it
my versions are
Terraria 1.3.5.2
TModLoader 0.10.0.2
Vending Machines 1.2.0.3

edit: just found out if you quick sort the soul to nearby chests it loses its npc tag or w/e its called

Last edited:
Hey, I found a bug with the magic storage mod, it always comes out as an empty vending machine when crafting with their crafting module no matter what soul you use, I don't know the exact issue but I discovered this when attempting to make the traveling merchant vending machine.

If I may make a suggestion, could you please include a config file that allows someone to disable the spawning of an NPC if their vending machine is placed somewhere in the world? This option would very much help those that might use the mod because their computers aren't the best devices in the world. Though, that is assuming that wouldn't make the game harder to run in that of itself.

I have the bug that the Shop instantly closes after rightclicking the Vending Maschine. It is open for a split second and i can spamrightclick to see what it sells but nothing else. I have a few mods installed. Are there any known problematic mods i can't use with this one?
This just started happening here as well, and after a bit of testing I found out that the Leveled RPG mod is what's causing the problem for me. Maybe it's something to do with how it changes town NPCs, by giving them more HP and damage as you progress in the game?

Hey, I run a multiplayer server and I've been using this great mod for about a month with no problems. As of about 2 days ago it's been disabled my TML, even though neither TML nor the mod have been updated during this time https://puu.sh/zP6pZ/f995bab885.png
When I try to enable it, here's what happens every time: https://puu.sh/zP6u0/e19a182c6d.jpg
It's automatically disabled. It was made for TML 0.10.1.3 and, to emphasize this again, has been working just fine with it for several weeks. Can I do anything to fix this on my end? And here's the log file: https://pastebin.com/GQ4NR5um

Could the NPC-killing knife be replaced with an accessory similar to the guide voodoo doll? Right now this mod doesn't work with Terraria Overhaul because of some oddity with how it changes weapon mechanics.

Suggestion, instead of using the same sprite it is better to show the npc's head icon (like when you are assigning houses). Makes it way more practical

There is conflict between this mod and the Shop Expander mod, which causes the vending machines to be rendered non-functional unless you first open and close a normal shop after loading a game.

The author of Shop Expander had this to say:
The Vending Machines mod seems to bypass NPC.SetupShop, so making fully work with Shop Expander is gonna be kinda difficult... The sell feature is only broken if you are trying to sell to a vending machine without opening a regular NPC shop first after a mod reload. So if you start the game, open a world, open an NPC shop, close it, then open a vending machine it should work. Items wont show up for buyback though.

Back
Top Bottom