Sprites Vermin Horde (Alternate Goblin Army)

one thing the vermin need in HM, vermin fliers...AKA giant pigeons, the rats of the sky...other than that everything's good

He
kdcROYP.png

DmYsNvr.png

IJATlTj.png

an alternate goblin army

kdcROYP.png

Introduction
divider.png

Surprise! Alternate Goblin Army!

Vermin Horde is my first non-nature alternate suggestion, but certainly not the last. Like the Shooting Star biome, this is was one of those suggestions I used to work on when I got bored with the regular schedule of alternates. However... my casual projects are now part of the whole alternate project -- I'm just keeping them in reserve :dryadwink:. This particular alternate doesn't reference too much else, and what it does reference is simply cheesey! Ha! Hopefully you enjoy it still! Thank you to everyone for the massive support regarding these suggestions -- you guys rock and I love being able to make these for you. :dryadpassionate:
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Disclaimer
divider.png

***** Please Read Before Posting *****

divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Concept Music
divider.png

divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Environment & Items
divider.png

Items

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
A9zYLWZ.png
| Cheese Platter | Goblin Battle Standard | Summoning | 20 |
Rarity_color_0.png
|
veNJTOR.png
x10,
Wood.png
x5 |
Cooking_Pot.png

Monster Drops

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Drops From
veNJTOR.png
| Cheese | Tattered Cloth | Crafting Material | 99 |
Rarity_color_0.png
| Vermin Picket
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Enemies
divider.png

• DMG = damage
  • HP = health
  • DEF = defense
  • KBR = knock back resistance
  • IMREx9n.png
    Spawns during the day
  • lN6EJrB.png
    Spawns during the night

Sprite | Name | Drops | DMG | HP | DEF | KBR | Inflicts | AI | Spawn |
Banner​
dvnDw3D.png
| Vermin Picket |
veNJTOR.png
100% | 18 | 60 | 5 | 30% | | Fighter |
IMREx9n.png
lN6EJrB.png
|
GtYc3Ue.png
1CstHvw.png
| Vermin Drudge |
1VWR87F.png
45%,
dEIncpV.png
0.5% | 10 | 50 | 4 | 20% | | Fighter | |
TcMoJzq.png
6ymFtqQ.gif
| Vermin Boil |
1VWR87F.png
45%,
dEIncpV.png
0.5% | 50 | 30 | 3 | 20% |
Poisoned.png
| Fighter | |
7Lqd9yV.png
kPu1qDA.png
| Vermin Grenadier |
1VWR87F.png
45%,
dEIncpV.png
0.5% | 20 | 80 | 5 | 20% |
Poisoned.png
| Fighter | |
nOElSHS.png
TiY5BO5.png
| Vermin Alchemist |
1VWR87F.png
45%,
dEIncpV.png
0.5% | 20 | 50 | 4 | 25% |
Poisoned.png
| Fighter | |
VhBXFeu.png
T7Vb6mx.png
| Vermin Rogue |
1VWR87F.png
45%,
dEIncpV.png
0.5% | 30 | 75 | 5 | 30% |
Poisoned.png
| Fighter | |
IA6dogM.png
4BZOirZ.png
| Vermin Assassin |
1f6MK0G.png
16.7%,
AYDjyY6.png
16.7%,
k4XRDFc.png
16.7% | 90 | 1800 | 20 | 60% |
Poisoned.png
Venom.png
| Fighter/Caster | |
nvMGA4h.png
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Equipment
divider.png

Weapons & Tools

Sprite | Name | DMG | Power | Velocity | Mana | KB | Use Time | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
1VWR87F.png
| Rat Trap | 14 | | 5 | | 2 | 14 (Very Fast) |
Rarity_color_0.png
| |
dEIncpV.png
| Poison Shotbow | 25 | | 8 | | 2 | 29 (Average) |
Rarity_color_2.png
| |
1f6MK0G.png
| Plague Kukri | 42 | | 15 | | 4 | 12 (Very Fast) |
Rarity_color_5.png
| |
AYDjyY6.png
| Plague Staff | 14 | | 10 | 10 | 3 | 35 (Slow) |
Rarity_color_5.png
| |
k4XRDFc.png
| Rat Tail | 40 | | 14 | 7 | 4 | 13 (Very Fast) |
Rarity_color_5.png
| |
divider.png

kdcROYP.png

Support
divider.png

Feel free to copy the code(s) below to place the alternate sigil into your signature! And be sure to check out my alternates thread for more alternate suggestions!

0IxrVPY.gif

Code:
[url='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vermin-horde-alternate-goblin-army.51203/'][img]http://i.imgur.com/0IxrVPY.gif[/img][/url]
Two words for this... Hell yes.

bats make for good flying vermin, perhaps the giant vampire bats of new guinea or the goblin bats of brazil could be good inspiration? they could even drop early game wings, tiny flight, gliding, and no fall damage, could also drop guano bombs as they fly by or attach to your head to suck blood when low health
[doublepost=1485055299,1485055194][/doublepost]maybe you would need to gather wing flaps from each biome's and time's special bat type in order to make the wings? but then they could be a little better? and there could even be a hardmode buff recipe to them

Nice mod! Is this hardmode or pre-hardmode? If its hardmode, then the vermins that aren't the assassin should have health boosts. If its pre-hardmode, then maybe tone down the assassin?

Nice mod! Is this hardmode or pre-hardmode? If its hardmode, then the vermins that aren't the assassin should have health boosts. If its pre-hardmode, then maybe tone down the assassin?
It is a alternate to the Goblin Army. The assassin is the counterpart to the summoner, which is a enemy that only shows up in hardmode.

XD, I love it! One thing, perhaps they could be twice as numerous being a vermin horde rather than a trained army? Requiring twice as many kills to complete, but having double the spawn rate. (I'm not sure how their current power compares to normal army, but it should also be about half the power to keep difficulty about the same)

Also, idea for a unique unit for it:
Rodent Swarm
Appears to be a small swarm of 5 mice/rats that attacks by covering the player then dealing damage over time. They have 5 health and take damage based on pierce rather than actual damage, counting melee as 1 hit each point of damage they take kills a mouse

XD, I love it! One thing, perhaps they could be twice as numerous being a vermin horde rather than a trained army? Requiring twice as many kills to complete, but having double the spawn rate. (I'm not sure how their current power compares to normal army, but it should also be about half the power to keep difficulty about the same)

Also, idea for a unique unit for it:
Rodent Swarm
Appears to be a small swarm of 5 mice/rats that attacks by covering the player then dealing damage over time. They have 5 health and take damage based on pierce rather than actual damage, counting melee as 1 hit each point of damage they take kills a mouse
i think it should be easier against a single one, but there is more of them

Back
Top Bottom