• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Sprites Vermin Horde (Alternate Goblin Army)

Hoohoo2

Terrarian
XD, I love it! One thing, perhaps they could be twice as numerous being a vermin horde rather than a trained army? Requiring twice as many kills to complete, but having double the spawn rate. (I'm not sure how their current power compares to normal army, but it should also be about half the power to keep difficulty about the same)

Also, idea for a unique unit for it:
Rodent Swarm
Appears to be a small swarm of 5 mice/rats that attacks by covering the player then dealing damage over time. They have 5 health and take damage based on pierce rather than actual damage, counting melee as 1 hit each point of damage they take kills a mouse

blazeykat

Skeletron Prime
XD, I love it! One thing, perhaps they could be twice as numerous being a vermin horde rather than a trained army? Requiring twice as many kills to complete, but having double the spawn rate. (I'm not sure how their current power compares to normal army, but it should also be about half the power to keep difficulty about the same)

Also, idea for a unique unit for it:
Rodent Swarm
Appears to be a small swarm of 5 mice/rats that attacks by covering the player then dealing damage over time. They have 5 health and take damage based on pierce rather than actual damage, counting melee as 1 hit each point of damage they take kills a mouse
i think it should be easier against a single one, but there is more of them

Fortanono

Retinazer
WOW. Can I bump this because I love the ideas behind this alternate? It's kinda genius.

Although, tying the Vermin Hordes and Shooting Stars to Crimson Hearts could actually be a good idea; alternate consequences for breaking the alt Shadow Orbs. Just an idea. But then again, you do have the Infestation, so...

Doombot9

Terrarian
What about a lab rat NPC that sells throwable flasks like ichor, cursed flames, slow, you know, all the good stuff

Fortanono

Retinazer
What about a lab rat NPC that sells throwable flasks like ichor, cursed flames, slow, you know, all the good stuff
The Goblin Tinkerer's stuff is crucial to the rest of the game: Rocket Boots, the Tinkerer's Workshop and Reforging. Adding another NPC in place of him would not work.

Doombot9

Terrarian
The Goblin Tinkerer's stuff is crucial to the rest of the game: Rocket Boots, the Tinkerer's Workshop and Reforging. Adding another NPC in place of him would not work.
What about alternates to the tinkering station? They would both sell rocket boots, ruler and the other good stuff, but I feel like it wouldn’t be too hard to make a vermin tinkerers station, right?

Fortanono

Retinazer
What about alternates to the tinkering station? They would both sell rocket boots, ruler and the other good stuff, but I feel like it wouldn’t be too hard to make a vermin tinkerers station, right?
And get rid of all the combination accessories in the current game? Also, if both of them sell the same stuff, but the rat sells throwing flasks, then one is obviously better than the other.

Doombot9

Terrarian
And get rid of all the combination accessories in the current game? Also, if both of them sell the same stuff, but the rat sells throwing flasks, then one is obviously better than the other.
You make a good point there, BUT what if the goblin sold similar items? And also the vermin tinkerers workshop would have the same function, like a mythril/oricalcum anvil

Top Bottom