tModLoader Vertigo Mod 2(WIP)

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deadbre12

Wall of Flesh
Okay, well, half of this stuff is inaccurate now, so I'll just put it all in a spoiler and leave it here until I rewrite the post.
Alright, back on TO, I didn't really stay focused on this, but I'm back, on a new forum, and I plan to see this through this time. I have decided to completely rewrite what little I had, so I'll explain what has been added so far. The first item you will need to make is a Basic Catalyst, made at an Alchemical Workstation (better known as a Table, Chair and Bottle placed in close proximity), with 5 Lens and 1 Mushroom, which will get you 5 of them. This item will be used to make all of the Basic Essences. Next is the Forest Essence, which is made with 1 Basic Catalyst, and 40 Wood at an Alchemy Station(or a workbench with a bottle on it). There is also a few basic infusions, such as the Blade of the Forest, and the Alchemical Pick. I will add on to this post whenever I add more stuff, and completely rewrite it(and try to make it look good), when I release the first version, so if you like the Idea, just comment, and give me ideas! Well, back to coding!
  • Tier 1 - Early Pre-Hardmode, will use materials like wood, stone, copper, iron, etc.
  • Tier 2 - Mid Pre-Hardmode, will use materials like iron, silver, gold, demonite, etc.
  • Tier 3 - Late Pre-Hardmode, will use materials like meteorite, ebonstone, hellstone, and obsidian.
Terraria 2015-09-17 20-24-25-42.png
2015-09-22_00001.jpg
2015-09-22_00003.jpg

Texture for essences are outdated in first 3 pics.
Teaser.jpg

Teaser2.jpg

Teaser2.1.jpg

Teaser2.2.jpg

Teaser2.3.jpg
@Deadbre12 : Coder, Concepts
@DatPedro : Spriter
@infinitetech : Spriter
Signature Banner:

Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vertigo-mod-2-wip.487/]
[IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/dopula638ca.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm seeing interest in this. I like the infusions, wonder what this mod will look like when it's more fleshed out.

Hmm, I'm seeing interest in this. I like the infusions, wonder what this mod will look like when it's more fleshed out.
Thanks! If you could give m any ideas for infusions, that would be nice, because I want to put some of the things the community wants in this.

Thanks! If you could give m any ideas for infusions, that would be nice, because I want to put some of the things the community wants in this.

Hmm, alright first, can you elaborate more on the infusions? Like in more detail?

Hmm, alright first, can you elaborate more on the infusions? Like in more detail?
Basically, the Infusion Altars will be crafting stations, where you will be able to combine, or "Infuse", vanilla items with the essences added in the mod.

Basically, the Infusion Altars will be crafting stations, where you will be able to combine, or "Infuse", vanilla items with the essences added in the mod.

Oh okay, so as an example, what will the forest essence do when you infuse it into a certain item?

Oh okay, so as an example, what will the forest essence do when you infuse it into a certain item?
If you were to infuse a few Forest Essence into say... a Wooden Sword, it would make the Blade of the Forest, which would be about as strong as a Silver Sword, but also have it's own unique features.

very interesting, maybe make each material have a different sub effect with the infusion? and just make it so you can re-craft the items int a more damaging form later or something?

very interesting, maybe make each material have a different sub effect with the infusion? and just make it so you can re-craft the items int a more damaging form later or something?
There's going to be 3 tiers of essences, 2 of which will be made by combining 2 of the previous.

I've started work on this again, and the first thing I've done is change the required wood to make Forest Essence from 80 down to 40. I'm also adding the first spell, Wrath of the Forest, and working on two new essences. When I finish with the Forest Essence, and post some screenshots, I plan to release either a closed or open beta, depending on the reception of the screenshots. By the way, a lot of the textures are still work in progress, so if anyone would like to donate, that would be nice. Anyways, that's pretty much it!
~Deadbre12

sounds good, if you would like i could sketch up some potential essence progression trees and give effect types for them, or whatever would help out

I'm looking for someone to help with textures, all I need to see is a texture that you've made, because right now, the mod looks like crap.

I'm going to start working on this again when the new 1.3 modding API, Prism, is released outside of Github, but I would still like someone's help with textures in the meantime.

I'm going to start working on this again when the new 1.3 modding API, Prism, is released outside of Github, but I would still like someone's help with textures in the meantime.
I don't recommend using Prism for modding. An easy and quick, often-updated API is called tModLoader. It has been released and was planned as the successor to tAPI.

Back
Top Bottom