Console Very Important Information Regarding Latest Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they patched the duping glitch.
It was patched in one update, then it worked again, I don't get it.
I suppose it must be very difficult to patch without confusing players who aren't familiar with it.
If you're talking about the one where you go to the dashboard/exit without saving, I don't think they can fix that.

Well basically the bug involves dropping in and out as a character without saving.
Now making the game save whenever a player leaves may be a little lag-inducing.
If you're talking about the one where you go to the dashboard/exit without saving, I don't think they can fix that.
I guess that would be a solution, but only with autosaving. There would be no way to fix it for going to the dashboard, as that exits without saving.

I would like to see a report on what exactly you did to cause such a bug. There are some excuses for horrid programming but some of it comes down to sheer carelessness or lazyness. I don't have terraria on console and am still filled with morbid curiosity for how this came to be. Unreal.

I would like to see a report on what exactly you did to cause such a bug. There are some excuses for horrid programming but some of it comes down to sheer carelessness or lazyness. I don't have terraria on console and am still filled with morbid curiosity for how this came to be. Unreal.
Console exclusive item IDs weirdly overlap with item IDs not yet added into console edition.
For example, cabbage has the same ID as carrot. But when balance is lost through content, a chestplate could have the same ID as a PC-exclusive chair.

Console exclusive item IDs weirdly overlap with item IDs not yet added into console edition.
For example, cabbage has the same ID as carrot. But when balance is lost through content, a chestplate could have the same ID as a PC-exclusive chair.
That chair-on-mannequin action though.

Is there a particular reason *why* they have to be overlapped?

This is exactly why I suggested replacing the PC dev armour item IDs with the console exclusive stuff. You patch holes like this and mess up the people breaking the rules by getting the items they were never meant to have.Its a win-win for everyone. Except the guys with the dev items, but they have no right to complain.

Boy! :rolleyes:...this is a disaster. I still don't understand after months of 1.2 being out on consoles and not even caught up with PC version. After all that time with a couple of holiday event updates you would think they have solved the issues by now. No matter the load of having a few consoles to develop and port out updates. It doesn't seem well-planned and seems rushed. I certainly hope they have a nice clean patch for this recent upheaval of bugs this last holiday update. Surely, they didn't expect the amount of frustration console fans have and empathy applies more pressure. It's definitely not good whatsoever. For Engine, seek or develop new algorithms!

image.jpg Plzz fix this!!!!! When I got on the game after I updated I was wearing no clothes and wearing like glass armour XD

Good day everyone. We have a clarification on the bug (a patch is still in the works). We will update the OP with this as well, but we wanted to be sure that everyone had the latest and best info. Here goes:

The console armor/mannequin bug only occurs if a player loads a savegame that was created in a pre-christmas patch build into a game running the post-christmas patch build. So if you have the christmas patch installed and then put armor on mannequins, nothing will happen.

What that means is that the warning in this thread is a bit more specific based upon what we know now:

Do not load worlds that were created in older (pre-Christmas update) builds in which you have console armor on mannequins into the christmas patch build. If players want to do that, they should first remove the armor from the mannequins, then apply the christmas patch, then load the world again. It should then be safe to put armor on mannequins in that world.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Good day everyone. We have a clarification on the bug (a patch is still in the works). We will update the OP with this as well, but we wanted to be sure that everyone had the latest and best info. Here goes:

The console armor/mannequin bug only occurs if a player loads a savegame that was created in a pre-christmas patch build into a game running the post-christmas patch build. So if you have the christmas patch installed and then put armor on mannequins, nothing will happen.

What that means is that the warning in this thread is a bit more specific based upon what we know now:

Do not load worlds that were created in older (pre-Christmas update) builds in which you have console armor on mannequins into the christmas patch build. If players want to do that, they should first remove the armor from the mannequins, then apply the christmas patch, then load the world again. It should then be safe to put armor on mannequins in that world.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!
Thank you for telling us. I guess that's what I'll do with my armor on mannequins then, as I still haven't installed the patch.

Is this the same with it being on players? Because if it is I'm not going to update my Terraria, 'cuz I don't want my Dragon Helmet to become some useless vanity item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom