Console Very Important Information Regarding Latest Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk what is that....well I thought my explanation is clear xD
Back in the original release of 1.2 for consoles, the Piggy Bank and Safe had a glitch which changes items into other items. This could be used both to get mass amounts of items and unobtainable items, such as Red's Wings.

this was the case even for the S.D.M.G which I hope they don't patch. I love having the thing as it's the best thing next to the chain Gun which we don't have yet

I still have the gun so it doesn't matter. Once I have the chain gun it won't matter as much if they do patch the game to not allow the S.D.M.G.

There might be another glitch because my friend got red's wings after the 1.3 console repair patch without it self destructing or giving him any debuffs.
I'm unsure of how but there are people out there trading them still. It's not allowed though and I definitely don't encourage it.

For some reason the console versions of the dev items never had the debuff effects. Probably because there wasn't supposed to be any way to get them on console.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't patch it though. Then again I guess it's up to them. you could even get the S.D.M.G through that glitch whichwill be meaningless once the Chain Gun is in my possession.

I imagine it's because the debuffs came in later code Nike....which is to say they may still arrive, bringing a nasty surprise to those still cheating with them. :p. (Hopefully not on a hardcore character).

Anyway....

I imagine it's because the debuffs came in later code Nike....which is to say they may still arrive, bringing a nasty surprise to those still cheating with them. :p. (Hopefully not on a hardcore character).

Anyway....
My best guess is they didn't take the time to implement them since there seemed to be no foreseeable way for them to be obtained. It's a lot harder to hack the console versions and keep the game playable.

I'm unsure of how but there are people out there trading them still. It's not allowed though and I definitely don't encourage it.

For some reason the console versions of the dev items never had the debuff effects. Probably because there wasn't supposed to be any way to get them on console.
Yeah, I never asked him for it, but I told him to trash out but he said no.

Anyway....
Well if it kills them, at least they will learn not to cheat.

There might be another glitch because my friend got red's wings after the 1.3 console repair patch without it self destructing or giving him any debuffs.
Yeah I got reds wings but I didn't hack them I got them from a friend who knows a friend who knows somebody who is able to hack them effectively but he wasn't the only one their was a bunch of others I heard, I have met hackers from vita who hacked some advance sdmg thats way stronger than the normal sdmg. Alot of people I've seen have the wings and are uneffected by its debilitationse except for this one guy whi got a "failed model" and basically blew up

<Double Post Merged>

Everytime their is a update that takes the wings it only takes a week and their spread out again you would have to give the wings a ai that can somehow protect against hackers or just add some wings with reds wings effects of superspeed, alot of people don't know it but thats whats so special that and the unlimited flight I for one am working on some frostspark boots

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I got reds wings but I didn't hack them I got them from a friend who knows a friend who knows somebody who is able to hack them effectively but he wasn't the only one their was a bunch of others I heard, I have met hackers from vita who hacked some advance sdmg thats way stronger than the normal sdmg. Alot of people I've seen have the wings and are uneffected by its debilitationse except for this one guy whi got a "failed model" and basically blew up

<Double Post Merged>

Everytime their is a update that takes the wings it only takes a week and their spread out again you would have to give the wings a ai that can somehow protect against hackers or just add some wings with reds wings effects of superspeed, alot of people don't know it but thats whats so special that and the unlimited flight I for one am working on some frostspark boots
People are going to hack. Really, it would be best to just replace the itemID with something else. Just keep in mind that discussing how to hack or obtain hacked items isn't allowed on this forum.

Also, please stop double posting, it's actually against our rules here. Instead, please add your new thoughts to your previous post by using the edit button at the bottom left :)

I supp
Good afternoon everyone.

We are aware of an important issue that requires the attention of all console Terrarians.

With the latest update, a bug was introduced that converts console exclusive armor left on mannequins into Christmas vanity outfits. This applies to armor on mannequins at the time of the user updating as well as any exclusive armor added to a mannequin after the update.

A patch to fix this and some other issues is being fast tracked and is well underway. That said, until you hear from us that the fix is available

Please do not place console exclusive armor on any mannequin!

-----​
IMPORTANT UPDATE (December 19, 2014)
The console armor/mannequin bug only occurs if a player loads a savegame that was created in a pre-christmas patch build into a game running the post-christmas patch build. So if you have the christmas patch installed and then put armor on mannequins, nothing will happen.

What that means is that the warning in this thread is a bit more specific based upon what we know now:

Do not load worlds that were created in older (pre-Christmas update) builds in which you have console armor on mannequins into the christmas patch build. If players want to do that, they should first remove the armor from the mannequins, then apply the christmas patch, then load the world again. It should then be safe to put armor on mannequins in that world.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

-----​

We are not sure what - if any - fixes will be available for anyone already affected, but we will look into it.

We deeply and sincerely apologize for this - and to anyone adversely affected by this bug. We understand this will be frustrating and that losing hard-won gear is never a pleasant experience.

Thanks, and stay tuned for further information.
I suppose it's not that bad the console armor was never really appealing to me in terms of looks or stats but yes quite unfortunate for those who like these armor sets.

not really if you would start getting players and paying players to play the game then yes now I see why a lot of people have been modding or hacking the games.. we don't have fishing poles. new bosses or . flatter worlds . even some pets that PC don't have.. if you read this 505 can you reply .on what maybe in the game .as a paying customer .. I don't think hacking or modding the game is right but if the company does not produce more monsters or more updates quicker for Xbox it would be a lot better.to do soo
There are, unfortunately, 3 different reasons that is an issue.

1: Sony and Microsoft issue the testers assigned to the game. That means 505 and Engine are not allowed to pick people to test the game for them, as they are assigned people who test multiple games on a daily basis as their jobs.

2: Long periods of testing are non-economical for 505. Terraria is not the only game that they publish, and due to that, do not use all of their alloted resources into just this game.

3. Andrew has a very different type of coding style than Rudi and his team, let alone, Engine codes in 4 different languages, including other games entirely. Like I said, they have limited resources, and due to that, would still be buggy regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom