• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

**REPORTED** Very poor fps after 1.4

Oblivion88

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi,

Since 1.4 I have not been able to play much, I was really looking forward to it but it's not possible for me to enjoy. My frame rate is at an unacceptable 40 (sometimes dropping even lower). I've tried pretty much every different combination of settings, but to no prevail.

GTX 970
i5 4690K 3,4GHZ
32GB RAM
Windows 8.1

I have always been able to have a constant 60 FPS.

Oblivion88

Terrarian
What's your frame skip on? subtle? Turn it on completely see how it feels.
Unfortunately I've tried all versions of frame skip. With off or subtle, I have the issue described in OP, when I turn it on completely the fps is 1-2 and it almost crashes

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
I don't have anything particular to share right now, other than we are still looking into performance improvements across the board.

Top Bottom