Video Game Music

Mash-ups are allowed, right? It's still from two video-games, your essentially getting two-in-one.

Crypt of the necrodancer is a pretty high profile game, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who played it.
If your talking to the people who go on this thread then uh, I haven't played it myself. :v

How to waste a good soundtrack on a :red:ty game, Need For Speed The Run:

Though something tells me the fact that they bankrupted the game budget by hiring Brian Tyler is the reason the game is so weak.

hey there, how ya doin'?
here's some tracks to listen to.
this one
and this one end earlier than the video length, so once it starts fading, you can move along.

Last edited:
Hoo, boy. Video game music you say? I have quite a lot of favorites in that department, probably way more than I'm allowed to post here at once. So I'll just post a few of my absolute favorites, which may have been posted elsewhere in this thread already, but I'm too lazy to leaf through the whole thing right now.

Super Paper Mario is one of my favorite games of all time, and while I won't give away spoilers, it contains one of my favorite villains of all time, for which this track is one of his battle themes. It's really creepy but menacing and epic at the same time and it just gives me chills every time I hear it.

Also this and this, which I couldn't fit thanks to the media limit but are absolutely required listening.

Drawn to Life is one of those relatively unknown gems that I'm happy to say I picked up as a kid and enjoyed immensely. But not only is it a great game, its music is awesome, too, and it only got better in the sequel. I'd recommend checking out the entire soundtrack, but above are just a few of my favorites.

Yup, the obligatory Kingdom Hearts picks. And also yep, that's Dark Impetus up there, not L'Impeto Oscuro. I like L'Impeto Oscuro, but I just like the original a tiny bit better. Ironically even though its music is my favorite in the franchise, I've actually never played BBS, but I've heard its music through other sources. KHII's soundtrack is also glorious, especially Rising Tension that I saw someone else posted earlier.

I need to finish this game, damn it.

So I've yet to actually play any of them since I'm planning on playing them for my new Youtube channel (got 'em all downloaded, just haven't had time to start up my channel yet), but I noticed that a few people had posted some music from the Touhou series earlier in this thread, and since I've been doing a bit of research on them in preparation for playing them, that piqued my interest, so I searched around Youtube for more.

What I discovered is that this franchise has really, really awesome music. I can't wait to play them for real.

And my absolute favorite so far, which immediately displaced Dark Impetus as my favorite video game track as soon as I heard it:

Dat synth tho.

The Opening of this Song is incredible

And this gives you the real feeling that the World is in danger and only you can protect it. In other words "The perfect theme for before facing a Climatic Battle"

Great Boss Theme Overall. It brings emotions into the Battle as well.

Dang. 8 pages and only one DKC track.
Here's the original Stickerbrush Symphony, I don't think the Brawl remix captured the atmosphere very well, as good as it was
Stickerbrush Symphony is great, but I think this might be even better

I like this one a lot too

And the final boss theme is really good as well

Aquatic Ambience from DKC1 is great too

DKC3 SNES's soundtrack seems vastly underrated. This one's hard to stop listening to

This one's a gem

There's also these
The ones below here are linked because of the media limit
https://youtu.be/3C9ahuXAFVw

Final Boss theme: https://youtu.be/kieWydrYCn4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom