Video Game Music

So in the two and a half months since my last post on Touhou, I've only looked more into its music and found even more amazing tunes. Still haven't played the games yet, though. Stupid life always getting in the way.

Anyway, these are just some of the must-listens I've found during my trawls across Youtube:

This one's become one of my all-time favorites, partly because of the relaxed yet fun tone, partly because of that piano melody, but mainly because of that godly syncopation. It's just beautiful in every sense of the word.

0:50 changed my life. One of the greatest transitions I've ever heard.

That synth part blows me away every time, but the rest of the theme is beautiful as well. I could listen to this forever.

I don't really have much to say about this one, because frankly everything about it is incredible. Truly a masterpiece.

Never before have I heard a piece of music that manages to be as simultaneously lighthearted yet intimidating as this one. It feels like I'm having a climactic showdown with someone who's many times more powerful than me, yet at the same time the both of us are having the time of our lives. Or something like that.

This theme is like fun personified. Everyone's having a great time when this is playing - except maybe the girl getting karate chopped(?) in that thumbnail.

Yet another fun-sounding theme, though more lighthearted than the last two. That synth really steals the show.

This is a remix of another theme from an earlier game (which you can find here), and both are awesome, but I love this remix even more because... well... just listen to it. For some reason it reminds me of Castlevania music, which should tell you something, since I've barely played any Castlevania games let alone listened to their music. In fact when I first heard it I thought I'd accidentally clicked on the wrong video, and I had to check to make sure I had actually picked the right one. Regardless, it's pretty awesome.

I actually didn't like this one all that much when I first heard it - I thought it sounded kind of boring - but later on something made me go back and listen to it again, and it gradually started to grow on me. It's got some cool syncopation, and the keyboard(?) part in the beginning is amazing. Now it's one of my favorite tracks.

This theme is just unbelievable. Every part of it is amazing. If I had to pick, though, I'd say 1:29 was the part that changed my life. When that trumpet comes in, it's the best feeling in the world.

There's also another version of it that is apparently the theme for the same boss's second form, or something like that, and it's just about equally awesome. You can find it here, since I've run out of media inserts. However, I think I prefer the first version just a tiny bit, although I do like the second one for its tone of urgency that it adds. It's also a bit weird in that every version I've found doesn't seem to repeat fully, but rather plays a long intro and then just loops the last few measures until the video ends, which is why the video I linked is so short. I guess that's because that's how it is in the game. Luckily the looped measures are also so eargasmic it takes a while before it gets old.

Anyway I think Necrofantasia, which I linked in my last post, is still my favorite, but Border of Life, Flight of the Bamboo Cutter, and Phantom Ensemble come pretty close. I really need to get around to playing these games.

I may have forgotten to mention that the Trails in the Sky series has incredible music. Playing through more of SC has made me consciously aware of it. Not a coincidence considering it is the same Band that composes for the Ys series. Some music has really stuck with me in this game. (This game is also very brutal if you play on anything above Normal which I'm doing)

This plays during a very "Oh dear/Oh WOW" Moment during the game

This music will really get stuck in your head from listening to it too long. Really shows an otherworldly dimension well. I still have it stuck as I'm typing this.

Boss Theme

Another great Boss Theme

This "Enemy HQ" Theme will also grow on you

Oh hey, it's been a while-OH GOD THERE'S GONNA BE A LOT OF TRACKS TO POST.
HERE IT COMES.
I CAN'T STOP IT.

I can't post more than 10 pieces of media, so I still have a few that will have to wait.

Remember the days when electronic music didn't suck? Me neither. But NFS always seemed to nail it:

Last edited:
Been awhile since I've posted some good game music here.

We'll start this off again with what could be considered "A Main Theme" of mine.

This one starts out strong and stays strong throughout.

I get hypnotized/in a trance by this song which makes it great to me.

Regardless if it comes from the movies or the games, Star Wars music is always incredible.

The theme that starts at 2:46 on this one is especially good.

(sorry if this is another forum post or anything, i'm new.)

I don't know why, but i love this song.
hail mother russia.

YOU GAVE ME GOOSE BULBS
Good old JJK, those were the days...

On topic:
If I were to share all I have to share, that would be over 1GB of music.
But I'll post my 5 most favorite ones.
HoMM 3, Tower Theme:

HoMM 3, Rampart Theme:

Skyrim, One They Fear:

Risk of Rain, Coalescence:

Binding of Isaac, My Innermost Apocalypse:
I love music of it.

Just gonna post the entire FTL: Faster Than Light sountrack here, since it's all amazing:
If you're looking for the best songs in there, though, Lanius (Battle), Rockmen (Explore), and Last Stand are my personal favorites.

Back
Top Bottom