Game Mechanics Viewing Information on items in Vanity slots!

YldaACPR42

Plantera
Hey guys! This is YldaACPR42 with my 4th suggestion!

Let's jump right into this!

Since the 1.3 update, when you mouse over an item in the Vanity (or social) slot, it doesn't show you the information. This is what it looks like right now!
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 6.52.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 6.58.02 PM.png

I think that it should show the information, which could allow you to easily compare two accessories or armours. The "Equipped in social slot; No stats will be gained" can be kept, but it should display the information as well. This information can be written above the stats similarly to the text that appears when you favourite something. Here is an example of what it would look like.
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 6.52.45 PM.png

I don't know how to put outlines in Photoshop...

You would be able to see the info, but it is clearly put that you don't get extra stats. This would make it much easier to compare two armors or accessories while one is equipped and the other is in Vanity.

Tell me what you think in the comments below!
Thanks!

Attachments

• different.png
    different.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Vanity items usually have no stats. But I think you use them, same as me and many more as a quick equipment exchange slot.
But how about a 3rd column for doing this? With a exchange all button at top of it.

so it would be something like this:
dye_column-----vanity_column----Equipment_column-----Alternative_Equipment_column

With this you could change from mage to range with one click.

Vanity items usually have no stats. But I think you use them, same as me and many more as a quick equipment exchange slot.
But how about a 3rd column for doing this? With a exchange all button at top of it.

so it would be something like this:
dye_column-----vanity_column----Equipment_column-----Alternative_Equipment_column

With this you could change from mage to range with one click.
That's also a pretty interesting idea, but I think it'd be better to use Vanity as the alternative equipment column. Say you're using a melee tank build and you want to switch it over to a yoyo build, you don't have to switch say the fire gauntlet but you can switch out a Celestial Stone with a Yoyo Bag or something!

of course changing single items should also be supported
Having both would really make things easier. For example, I kept all of my summoner items in my vanity and my melee equipped, because for some reason Expert Duke Fishron is easier for me with Summoner than anything else. But if every time I wanted to switch my accessories around by pressing a button, this could make swapping between say a mage build and a ranger build much much easier.

In my opinion, another additional equipment column is a little too much...
The original idea to still show the stats is good though, the hidden information bothers me as well.
One thing came to my mind: the stats of equipment in a vanity slot should
be displayes in gray, not white. That would solve the problem of distinguishing
stats that actually apply from from the ones that aren't gained.

In my opinion, another additional equipment column is a little too much...
The original idea to still show the stats is good though, the hidden information bothers me as well.
One thing came to my mind: the stats of equipment in a vanity slot should
be displayes in gray, not white. That would solve the problem of distinguishing
stats that actually apply from from the ones that aren't gained.
This is an amazing idea as well! With the information being greyed out, you know it isn't affecting your stats but will also help compare accessories!

Back
Top Bottom