tModLoader Virtuous Weapon Pack

Thanks for the report and the screenshot! There seems to be nothing out of the ordinary for that item in particular; does it happen with all orbitals or just Facade? How many mods in total have you got installed? Does something similar happen with, for example, Thorium's bard or healing class weapons, which also have custom characteristics?
The problem at first glance appears to stem from the other mod itself and how it handles modded item data.
I found no problem with Thorium's bard or healing weapons, i think it may be a incompatibility with Kalciphoz RPG Inventory, because when i pick up the ''Facade'' item, the entire UI disappears, the only option i can see on screen when i press Esc is Settings. the inventory and gear UI disappears.

I found no problem with Thorium's bard or healing weapons, i think it may be a incompatibility with Kalciphoz RPG Inventory, because when i pick up the ''Facade'' item, the entire UI disappears, the only option i can see on screen when i press Esc is Settings. the inventory and gear UI disappears.
i have this problem too,when i pick up the item "facade" after killing skeletron the UI disappears and the game freezes while mobs are able too move somehow and after you exit the game it crashes right on 100% saving map data and YES it an incompatibility with the RPG inventory mod , Samrux can you fix it please , since your mod and the RPG inventory mod are becoming very popular .

I'll look into it for the next patch. But does the problem occur *only* with Facade, and none of the only items? That'd help narrow things down

I'd like to take a moment to say that this is one of the most creative weapon mods I've seen in a while on the forums.
The new orbital system sounds and is, in fact, really cool (+1 if you get it), the Blades of Virtue in particular are a real pleasure to the eye, The Ether Slit and Flurry Nova just scream out loud "anime" and I love it (for I am the otaku type son of a gun), And I personally had a real laugh with the Staff of Flinging, I loved taking revenge of all the enemies that made me fall to my death in my previous playthroughs. I also enjoyed the Titan Shield, and the Gobbler is the most creative thing ever, the concept of such weapon could make for some golden comedy.
Keep it up 'cause it's amazing!:D

Also, If a suggestion is allowed, I for one would love to see an item that makes ghost swords rise from the ground to launch towards enemies, maybe named "sword cemetery" or something like that. Just a suggestion though

"Major" patch

> Fixed Lion's Mane and Ether Slit's right-click uses not consuming mana
> Reworked Twilight orbital's death effect
> Internally: The entire orbital system has been overhauled and rewritten. As a result, orbitals should work a little better in multiplayer, and there is a better base for more multiplayer fixes in the future. It's also now easier than ever to create your own orbital, so be sure to talk to me if that's something that sounds interesting! The source is on the GitHub.

I'd like to take a moment to say that this is one of the most creative weapon mods I've seen in a while on the forums.
-snip-
Thanks so much for the detailed and flattering feedback
SamLov

That suggestion sounds like a cool idea, and I once wanted something similar in the past. I'll keep it in mind...

The weapon ideas are starting to pile up, so as long as the end-of-year responsibilities don't interfere, expect more and awesome stuff soon!

In the meantime, another small patch:
1.0.5 - Lion's Mane visual slightly changed, Ether Slit should work better on multiplayer, and fixed another bug where you could get to negative mana (the previous two related fixes were lazy, this one's good).

For some reason, the Facade item cause FPS issues when I am holding it in my hands. Which I guess could be caused by the weapon-out mod aswell.

For some reason, the Facade item cause FPS issues when I am holding it in my hands. Which I guess could be caused by the weapon-out mod aswell.
I was going to report the same exact issue, including running that mod as well. As soon as I cast the orbits and switch away from that weapon, the FPS drop is no longer there.

I was going to report the same exact issue, including running that mod as well. As soon as I cast the orbits and switch away from that weapon, the FPS drop is no longer there.
That's strange, I don't experience any framerate drops while holding an orbital, with or without WeaponOut installed. What other mods do you guys have installed?
I'll mention it to Flashkirby

That's strange, I don't experience any framerate drops while holding an orbital, with or without WeaponOut installed. What other mods do you guys have installed?
I'll mention it to Flashkirby
Far too many to list. It only seems to happen with that specific weapon, Facade. I didn't experience this with any other weapons. I could go and test this with only Cheat Sheet, this mod, and WeaponOut loaded to see if the same issue happens.

Edit: I just tried that and there was no frame rate drop. Ugh, this is going to be really annoying to track down with so many possible mods that might cause problems. Is the Facade item itself coded differently from the other orbit weapons?

Last edited:
Far too many to list. It only seems to happen with that specific weapon, Facade. I didn't experience this with any other weapons. I could go and test this with only Cheat Sheet, this mod, and WeaponOut loaded to see if the same issue happens.

Edit: I just tried that and there was no frame rate drop. Ugh, this is going to be really annoying to track down with so many possible mods that might cause problems. Is the Facade item itself coded differently from the other orbit weapons?
Facade might just happen to be the most ordinary of them lol https://github.com/Samrux/Virtuous/blob/master/Orbitals/Facade.cs
Thanks a lot for doing the testing and confirming it's not WeaponOut. I hypothesize the lag is caused by some mod calling my orbitals' GetWeaponDamage multiple times per tick, as I did weird things in there. I changed that for next update so don't worry.

Last edited:
I love all the weapons and Flurry Nova make me feel like I'm making ora ora attack. Good work bro you make a mod that's unique and fantastic .

upload_2018-2-7_20-24-42.png

410937363804585987.png
Update 1.1 is here!
Getting back on track, here's what I had been working on before Christmas, all patched up. There's more I wanted to put into 1.1 but I couldn't wait; I'll be starting university in a couple weeks, see you guys on the other side. Special thanks to @Godslayer for spriting help, @ÐarkŁight for all his coding help, and @aWolfen for support and ideas.

Content
  • Added weapon Spotter: Upon a successful bullet hit, it calls for a sniper to deal a huge blow on your target from afar.
  • Added 3 new orbitals:
    • Fireball: Underworld-tier, it spins slowly dealing large damage, and right-click creates a small explosion.
    • Lucky Break: Dropped from pirates, a hand of 5 cards that shuffle and provide varied luck-based effects.
    • Energy Crystal: Dropped occasionally by mechanical bosses, the crystals cycle and shoot at nearby enemies.
  • Added colored Laser Pointers; they're fun with cats, just don't aim them at your eyes.
  • Added Russian and Spanish translations. Most items and their descriptions are translated.
Fixes
  • Fixed that old nasty bug that lagged the hell out of orbitals when holding them if you had the kRPG mod.
  • Improved Orbital tracking, now they don't jitter when moving through slopes. Smooth!
  • Made Sailspike craftable instead of dropped by King Slime.
  • Fixed some Gobbler shot item effects only working in English.
  • Internal changes; I like pretty code.

Full recipes to come soon. Thank you all :kingslime:!

Last edited:
View attachment 193458

410937363804585987.png
Update 1.1 is here!
Getting back on track, here's what I had been working on before Christmas, all patched up. There's more I wanted to put into 1.1 but I couldn't wait; I'll be starting university in a couple weeks, see you guys on the other side. Special thanks to @Sal for sprite help, @ÐarkŁight for all his coding help, and @aWolfen for support and ideas.

Content
  • Added weapon Spotter: Upon a successful bullet hit, it calls for a sniper to deal a huge blow on your target from afar.
  • Added 3 new orbitals:
    • Fireball: Underworld-tier, it spins slowly dealing large damage, and right-click creates a small explosion.
    • Lucky Break: Dropped from pirates, a hand of 5 cards that shuffle and provide varied luck-based effects.
    • Energy Crystal: Dropped occasionally by mechanical bosses, the crystals cycle and shoot at nearby enemies.
  • Added colored Laser Pointers; they're fun with cats, just don't aim them at your eyes.
  • Added Russian and Spanish translations. Most items and their descriptions are translated.
Fixes
  • Fixed that old nasty bug that lagged the hell out of orbitals when holding them if you had the kRPG mod.
  • Improved Orbital tracking, now they don't jitter when moving through slopes. Smooth!

uh
what do the laser pointers do?

View attachment 193458

410937363804585987.png
Update 1.1 is here!
Getting back on track, here's what I had been working on before Christmas, all patched up. There's more I wanted to put into 1.1 but I couldn't wait; I'll be starting university in a couple weeks, see you guys on the other side. Special thanks to @Godslayer for spriting help, @ÐarkŁight for all his coding help, and @aWolfen for support and ideas.

Content
  • Added 3 new orbitals:
Fixes

Oh joyous day! my favorite mini-mod had an update! Can't wait to try all the new things, and good luck with university!:D
don't forget about us tho

Back
Top Bottom