VisibleCursor

rhebok

Empress of Light
VisibleCursor

Replaces the cursor with one that is more visible in my opinion. There are two versions :
  • Darkest - Has black border that can't be colored. Without the border the outline is white and can be colored.
  • Color - Has white border that can be colored. Without the border the outline is black and can't be colored.

Showcase
1590259789370.png

Default cursor vs Darkest version cursor (in-game)

1591214165954.png

Color version cursor

1591214267875.png

Darkest version cursor
Installation
  1. Download the texture pack.
  2. Extract the *.zip file.
    (if your OS can't do it download 7Zip or similar software)
  3. Launch Terraria.
  4. Click on Texture Packs.
  5. Click on Open Folder.
  6. Place the texture pack folder in the ResourcePacks folder.
    - not the *.zip file but one of the extracted folders which contain pack.json, icon.png and Content folder.
    - chose from the Color or Darkest version or move both folders and then chose in-game.
  7. Go back to Terraria.
  8. Click on Back.
  9. Click on Texture Packs again.
  10. Enable the texture pack by clicking on the red button with the arrow.
  11. Click on Back again and the texture pack is enabled.
Changelog

v1.2

- added Color version
v1.1
- added borders
v1.0
- initial version

Download

VisibleCursorByRhebokV1_2.zip

Attachments

• VisibleCursorByRhebokV1_2.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,989
Last edited:
I forgot to add borders in the last version since I don't use them so I updated the texture pack

I'm not clear why but this doesn't seem to be working for me. I had to unzip the file and rearrange everything so the icon and pack file were not in the main folder and then re-zip it before it would even show up as available in my texture packs but enabling it does not change the appearance of my cursor.

This is an awesome QoL texture pack!!<3

Edit: Is there a way to make it a bit larger also?

No way of making the cursor bigger that I know of. It can be more detailed though.

I'm not clear why but this doesn't seem to be working for me. I had to unzip the file and rearrange everything so the icon and pack file were not in the main folder and then re-zip it before it would even show up as available in my texture packs but enabling it does not change the appearance of my cursor.

1590492668387.png

You only need to unzip the file and place the folder in Resource Packs. When you enable the texture pack it activates when you go back to the main menu. The Texture Packs screen doesn't refresh so you need to go back to the main screen and then click on Texture Packs again for the folder to appear.

Great cursor, also my borders wouldnt work so i checked out the files and made the cursor_11 and _12 white and now i can change the colors, black made it invisible for me and i couldnt change the colors ( Cursor_11 -
Cursor_11.png
| Cursor_12 -
Cursor_12.png
)

Last edited:
Great cursor, also my borders wouldnt work so i checked out the files and made the cursor_11 and _12 white and now i can change the colors, black made it invisible for me and i couldnt change the colors ( Cursor_11 - View attachment 275475 | Cursor_12 - View attachment 275476 )
That was intentional, I find that black border is the most visible when there's a lot of projectiles on the screen, but I'm glad you figured out how to make it work for you !

That was intentional, I find that black border is the most visible when there's a lot of projectiles on the screen, but I'm glad you figured out how to make it work for you !
i think it's better to make it white since users can actually disable border ingame, but it's your cursor. loving it

i think it's better to make it white since users can actually disable border ingame, but it's your cursor. loving it
I added a version with border that can be colored in v1.2, I kept a version with the black outline for people that want the darkest outline (like myself). Thanks for the suggestion.

this isn't working its just giving me an error message when I trie to open terraria with it installed? please fix

this isn't working its just giving me an error message when I trie to open terraria with it installed? please fix
What does the error message say? I had quite a few people test this and it works for them as well for me.
Try updating your Terraria if you haven't already and make sure you follow the instructions.

Screenshot_20.png

In some games, I have seen that the cursors are rainbow-colored so that they stick out no matter what situation the player is in.

I may try this at a later date, feel free to try it. Thanks for the idea!

View attachment 278989
In some games, I have seen that the cursors are rainbow-colored so that they stick out no matter what situation the player is in.

I wouldn't use it personally but I see how it could help the cursor stick out. I just tested it and different colors do work for the cursor, it is not limited to grayscale, so I think you're all good!

Last edited:
View attachment 278989

Sorry to necro, but did you manage to make the cursor centered like that instead of an arrow? (as in, make the selection part be in the center of the sprite)

Sorry to necro, but did you manage to make the cursor centered like that instead of an arrow? (as in, make the selection part be in the center of the sprite)
I doubt that's possible with texture packs, you could probably do it by modding the game.

Back
Top Bottom