Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
On small map, pre-Hardmode (not sure about what happens next) there is this littlew visual bug. background walls are not showing, when placed and are "cut by invisible line". You can hammer them back, they are just not displaying.
Tried with palm wood wall and obsidian wall, both are not displaying, think it is same for others.
In screenshot i tried build house, but walls are just a little invisible to the left.

See the palm wood wall is "cut invisible to the left". Other blocks looks okay.
bug background wall.JPG

Here is my world.
It is small world (classic) with specified seed 0 and random evil (corruption in this case)
I also attach player, if that may somehow be problem.

This issue was pre-hardmode, I entered hardmode and it still persists.

Thank you

Attachments

• The_first_small_journey_(0).7z
    937.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Softy-Glyn.7z
    2.7 KB · Views: 84
So I was able to reproduce the same bug again, now with video footage and able to find possible clues to what is causing that.
Video:

So, map is based on drunken seed, edited with Tedit - but I do not think this is problem as the same happened on normally generated map
On first minute I just place some walls on Ocean edges to see, they are placed but not displaying.
Then I am tinkering with video settings and found, that when zooming out/in, the displayed portion changes.

I am playing on 4k monitor with 150% scaled display (windows 10) - this might cause this too.
This zooming issue is same when on fullscreen or when in windowed mode
Game version 1.4.2.1

Attachments

• Drunken_Journey_in_Skyblock.wld
    59.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Skyblocker-.plr
    11.2 KB · Views: 57
Okay, I was able to reproduce this . . . looks like the primary cause was resolution based. It only happened to me when I set my resolution very high, which is why it was missed before.

Will use the Small Journey world for repro, as TEdit worlds are NOT valid for our purposes, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom