Working as Designed Visual Bug ( Shadow Orb) NOT disappearing after unequipping from the slot manually.

LIyahLIweth

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Well.

See IMAGE 1

1.png

1.After equipping a light pet in the light pet slot, their icon appear in the active buff/debuff list as well as the light pet equipped.

But for some reason. My buff as well as the pet is not going away after unequipping it. IMAGE 2 - 3
2.png

2. The color still affects it (But I think this is not the main issue).

3.png

3. You can see that VISIBLE is still ON, and changing it to HIDDEN don't change anything if the pet is removed manually. See IMAGE 4.

4.png

4. But if I equip the light pet again and set HIDDEN finally it goes away. See IMAGE 5.

5.png

5. NOW I CAN REMOVE THE LIGHT PET and it doesn't show up anymore See IMAGE 6

6.png

I know I can right click on the ICON to remove the buff manually and that removes the light pet visual as well. But What I want to demonstrate here. It's that unequipping the light pet does not remove the buff and consequently its visual as well.

I don't know if this is working as design, but it's not a minecart default. Also leaving the game and reopening it still shows the buff/visual light pet even if you removed it before IMAGE 3
THANKS

XOXO.

Last edited:
Probably works the same as mounts. You can use a mount then unequip it and replace it with a different one and continue to use it until you dismount. I see that as a feature.

Well.

See IMAGE 1

View attachment 275557
1.After equipping a light pet in the light pet slot, their icon appear in the active buff/debuff list as well as the light pet equipped.

But for some reason. My buff as well as the pet is not going away after unequipping it. IMAGE 2 - 3
View attachment 275558
2. The color still affects it (But I think this is not the main issue).

View attachment 275559
3. You can see that VISIBLE is still ON, and changing it to HIDDEN don't change anything if the pet is removed manually. See IMAGE 4.

View attachment 275560
4. But if I equip the light pet again and set HIDDEN finally it goes away. See IMAGE 5.

View attachment 275561
5. NOW I CAN REMOVE THE LIGHT PET and it doesn't show up anymore See IMAGE 6

View attachment 275562

I know I can right click on the ICON to remove the buff manually and that removes the light pet visual as well. But What I want to demonstrate here. It's that unequipping the light pet is not removing the buff and consequently its visual.

I don't know if this is working as design, but it's not a minecart default. Also leaving the game and reopening it still shows the buff/visual light pet even if you removed it before IMAGE 3
THANKS

XOXO.
This has happened to me before. If you log off and log back on it should be gone

Probably works the same as mounts. You can use a mount then unequip it and replace it with a different one and continue to use it until you dismount. I see that as a feature.

not a bug

Terraria is an UNIQUE game for sure.

Shield and Cloak has issues to work together because *dev says* the hand do not appear when wearing the cloak ETC (And I really don't mind seeing NO hand, but for some reason they do) but this pet/mount is a BUG and for some reason people like it so much that they call it a FEATURE.

I'm learning things in this game everyday. It's so amazingly weird that I question myself all the time when seeing things that look like bugs and when I report them it turns out that they are not. Even tho it smells like fishy.

I know devs removed the ability to place most accessories in the vanity slot. Because they didn't want it to be a "extra inventory slot"

And this pet/mount seems like one...

This has happened to me before. If you log off and log back on it should be gone

the pet still appear after I leave the game. I did it countless time
It will never disappear while the buff is active.

Listen, this isn't a bug. The Pet slots weren't always a part of the game, and before they were added, you just needed to right click with the pet item and keep the pet item in your inventory to keep it active. Since that mechanic was never removed, whenever you take the active pet item out of its pet slot and into your inventory, the game treats the pet as it would before the pet slots were active. Just right click on the buff icon, remove the pet item from your inventory, or right click with a different pet item (in this specific case, a light pet item) to remove/replace the active pet.

TL;DR: This is just a result of how pets originally worked before Pet slots were added into the game, not a bug.

It works the same as Minions do. You can summon a minion, completely trash the summon item, and you'll have the summon until you die. Technically, same goes for the light pet if you've ever just used it instead of putting it in the pet slot, because the pet slot automatically summons it if you die.

This is intentional.

The things that make it go away are: Toggling the visibility button in the slot. Using the item manually. Right-clicking its buff icon. Using another pet summoning item (of the same type, light/regular). Dying (if it's not in a pet-slot).

It works the same as Minions do. You can summon a minion, completely trash the summon item, and you'll have the summon until you die. Technically, same goes for the light pet if you've ever just used it instead of putting it in the pet slot, because the pet slot automatically summons it if you die.

This is intentional.

The things that make it go away are: Toggling the visibility button in the slot. Using the item manually. Right-clicking its buff icon. Using another pet summoning item (of the same type, light/regular). Dying (if it's not in a pet-slot).

THANKS

Terraria is an UNIQUE game for sure.

Shield and Cloak has issues to work together because *dev says* the hand do not appear when wearing the cloak ETC (And I really don't mind seeing NO hand, but for some reason they do) but this pet/mount is a BUG and for some reason people like it so much that they call it a FEATURE.

I'm learning things in this game everyday. It's so amazingly weird that I question myself all the time when seeing things that look like bugs and when I report them it turns out that they are not. Even tho it smells like fishy.

I know devs removed the ability to place most accessories in the vanity slot. Because they didn't want it to be a "extra inventory slot"

And this pet/mount seems like one...

the pet still appear after I leave the game. I did it countless time
It will never disappear while the buff is active.
Ohhh go to the buff and click it you can try removing it by doing this

Back
Top Bottom