• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Visual error (minor) with leaves during wind

Solid_Blue

Official Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I've noticed a few times during game-play that some tree leaves aren't getting colored correctly if at all. It started off really early when Journey's End released when I was painting sakura trees.
The tree color in the picture is sky blue and there is a still pink leaf flying near the orange painted hallow trees. I've also noticed the crimson tree leaves doing the same thing recently. The trees are colored green and there are 2 basic crimson colored leaves beneath the trees. The yellow willow however is trying it's best and looks to be somewhat trying to color the leaf blue like the tree that's painted blue but it isn't painted exactly the same. Crimson, sakura, and the yellow willow trees are the only trees I could see this problem with.
View attachment 281102

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
I gave this a quick test with those three types but the leaves matched the paint colour. Of interest to me is that these three trees have had problems with paint in the past, and I don't think that's coincidence.

What lighting and video quality settings are you using? Are there any specific paint colour(s) that cause the problem?

Solid_Blue

Official Terrarian
My lighting is set to color and quality is high. Brown, gray, white, black, shadow, negative and all of the deep colored paints work wonders but those paints also color the tree bark itself. I also tested Illuminant paint for the fun of it but the leaves don't glow in the dark. Every regular colored paint colors only the tree leaves but not the leaves that fly in the wind. Sakura leaves stay pink, shadewood stays crimson red, and yellow willow leaves have the paint slightly in their center, which doesn't match the actual tree and looks slightly odd.

Sigma90

Brain of Cthulhu
I gave it another try but no luck unfortunately. The leaves were coloured the same as the paint for the same lighting and quality modes. Not sure what's going on here. I'll see if I can find someone else who might be able to reproduce it. :)

Top Bottom