tModLoader Vitiosus Mod

leafsaber47

The Destroyer
(we still need a proper logo!)

Introduction

The Vitiosus mod is a mod in the vein of several mods. Inspired by the works of Calamity, W1K’s mod, the JoostMod, Exxo Avalon and its predecessor, Necro, and Reborn mod, the mod provides players with solving a massive crisis that plagues the world of Terraria and revolves around the scale seen in the Calamity and Spirit mods and the crossover concepts of the Vanilla 1.3.4 update, W1K’s mod, and JoostMod.

It started off as a tiny mod tinkering with weapon coding and has evolved into a project projected to include a ton of weapons and items, several town NPCs and enemies to fight.

What's currently in store for the future:
500+ items including a plethora of weapons
At least 5 new crafting stations
New foes including 25+ enemies and 5+ new bosses
A new potion to brew
Seven+ new ores
5 town NPCs and counting
2 new biomes and areas
3 new events

There are no public releases at the moment and thus a heavy work in progress.

Currently accepting new dev members, please read disclaimers before finishing the whole response:
https://goo.gl/forms/UbYXXGQhevPOhZ3G2

One of the first weapons added in the early days as a lone man project, the Bloodied Gae Bolg is a crimson-biome based spear created from a rare substance from another universe. The spear will shoot a speedy red projectile that acts like the Unholy Trident. Here is a picture of a strange man fighting a Medusa.
54c0a76cb106b985920a9cf732ca337d.png

There may be a corruption biome equivalent coming post-first public release.

Eight more weapons that may be crafted in your journey appear in this screenshot. See if you can recognize them all.
8b3e919060561405dd2e275a62badc81.png
Have you seen the 9 weapons earlier this week? Can you craft them with a regular anvil (Iron/Lead and/or Mythril/Orichalcum)? The answer may surprise you.
f4222fda48c0c7b5ac107147d67f5017.png

Introducing the Multiversal Forge.
A strange creation that results from having a Eternia Crystal react with two other ingredients in a Demon/Crimson Altar. Despite the name, it is more of an Anvil than a Furnace. What items it supports is most of the items in the mod below Yellow rarity, reaching all the way up to pre-Plantera, in which a new upgrade is needed.
(this is only the item sprite, tile sprite will come later in development)
Gifs for two weapons. Nuff said...
(special thanks to the BuilderPlus mod for the statues used)

d73e14c6206fd6efd5091b0dc5503411.gif

The Bloodied Gae Bolg
29609caf09e415766c478128d72871ca.gif

Enma Blade

@leafsaber47 - Mod founder, concept creator, minor spriter, minor coder

The mod may need: spriters, coders, and artists. Tread with caution when joining the team. Disclaimers will be given to prospective future members.

Re-Logic – for two games that redefined different points of my RL
tModLoader and its Discord server – for making the mod possible
@MountainDrew, @W1K, @blahblahbal, @Joost8910 – inspiration
Did I forget you? Will get to it ASAP!

Last edited:
New Spoiler Alert!
Have you seen the 9 weapons earlier this week? Can you craft them with a regular anvil (Iron/Lead and/or Mythril/Orichalcum)? The answer may surprise you.
f4222fda48c0c7b5ac107147d67f5017.png

Introducing the Multiversal Forge.
A strange creation that results from having a Eternia Crystal react with two other ingredients in a Demon/Crimson Altar. Despite the name, it is more of an Anvil than a Furnace. What items it supports is most of the items in the mod below Yellow rarity, reaching all the way up to pre-Plantera, in which a new upgrade is needed.
(this is only the item sprite, tile sprite will come later in development)

We still need more in our mod team! Apply via PM or the discord server.

#hellobytheway

I have a personal dislike for items requiring demon/crimson altars as a crafting station. I do have items (or at least one) which do require a demon altar to be crafted in my own mod, so I'm as culprit of this as the next fella, but I see the altar crafting station as essentially a bad tradition we try to stick to because the game does more than anything.

Before hardmode was even a thing, Terraria had demon altars as nothing but a #spooky crafting station for boss spawners, and later Night's Edge. It was all fine 'till they gave us the option to break them, and an incentive to break them for more ores. It is fairly easy to simply keep an altar handy for crafting while destroying the rest, but not-so-mindful players might go crazy on them and break all of them by accident since it's not really hard to find them all in the first place. At that point you're doomed to jumping to a different world just to do the crafting you need and since I'm the kind of guy who likes to stick to one world and one only (I believe many people do too, especially for MP purposes) I'm all in favor of having the possibility to get what you need no matter how hardly you abuse the world, in the case of altars however it's a very simple matter of running a bit and going a bit too crazy on whacking (since the game literally expects you to whack away) and as far as I know there's no way of getting them back (unless a mod solves the issue).

While I think Terraria deals with it poorly by original design, running out of altars for crafting only denies you of crafts you would normally only need pre-HM, unless you missed on a boss somehow but their drops become next to worthless once you get to the point you can actually break them. The only exception to this would be Night's Edge, but you'd lose access to Terrablade which isn't even the game's best sword by any means. In this case however I see the problem becoming exponentially worse, since what is being tied to them is an entire crafting station with its entire mod worth of items.

By the end of the day I'm but a guy on the internet pretending to know game design, but bad design is only such when it doesn't accomplish what the designer tried to accomplish in the first place. If my concern is of no concern, then by all means it's a great idea, altars have always had this idea of being crafting stations for amazing and unique items you couldn't get by more 'mundane' means, adding more to them just enhances the magic.

I'm sorry I type a lot.

Also good luck with the mod! I'm no tModLoader expert (or maybe I am and don't know it) but I'm always willing to help fellow coders in need. Or designers. Or both. I might be lazy when it comes to working on my own content, but if I don't at least let others in on my knowledge and ideas I've developed over the years, then it's just wasted time. #codersgottashare

#hellobytheway

I have a personal dislike for items requiring demon/crimson altars as a crafting station. I do have items (or at least one) which do require a demon altar to be crafted in my own mod, so I'm as culprit of this as the next fella, but I see the altar crafting station as essentially a bad tradition we try to stick to because the game does more than anything.

Before hardmode was even a thing, Terraria had demon altars as nothing but a #spooky crafting station for boss spawners, and later Night's Edge. It was all fine 'till they gave us the option to break them, and an incentive to break them for more ores. It is fairly easy to simply keep an altar handy for crafting while destroying the rest, but not-so-mindful players might go crazy on them and break all of them by accident since it's not really hard to find them all in the first place. At that point you're doomed to jumping to a different world just to do the crafting you need and since I'm the kind of guy who likes to stick to one world and one only (I believe many people do too, especially for MP purposes) I'm all in favor of having the possibility to get what you need no matter how hardly you abuse the world, in the case of altars however it's a very simple matter of running a bit and going a bit too crazy on whacking (since the game literally expects you to whack away) and as far as I know there's no way of getting them back (unless a mod solves the issue).

While I think Terraria deals with it poorly by original design, running out of altars for crafting only denies you of crafts you would normally only need pre-HM, unless you missed on a boss somehow but their drops become next to worthless once you get to the point you can actually break them. The only exception to this would be Night's Edge, but you'd lose access to Terrablade which isn't even the game's best sword by any means. In this case however I see the problem becoming exponentially worse, since what is being tied to them is an entire crafting station with its entire mod worth of items.

By the end of the day I'm but a guy on the internet pretending to know game design, but bad design is only such when it doesn't accomplish what the designer tried to accomplish in the first place. If my concern is of no concern, then by all means it's a great idea, altars have always had this idea of being crafting stations for amazing and unique items you couldn't get by more 'mundane' means, adding more to them just enhances the magic.

I'm sorry I type a lot.

Also good luck with the mod! I'm no tModLoader expert (or maybe I am and don't know it) but I'm always willing to help fellow coders in need. Or designers. Or both. I might be lazy when it comes to working on my own content, but if I don't at least let others in on my knowledge and ideas I've developed over the years, then it's just wasted time. #codersgottashare
Don't really mind the wall of text. Though Thorium has us covered on the Altar thing.

Friendly reminder that I still need to gather a mod team, as we need spriters and coders.
Also taking suggestions for new items and stuff. I'd like pre-hardmode content most of all.

02.19.18 Update (might not be a spoiler)

Glad to say @mutater is joining the mod team. He'll be creating most of the items for the mod, including weapons and whatnot.

We still need a full team of developers, as the team does not have coders as of yet. Always be up to date with the Discord server!

I'm retracting that last statement I made in the previous post.

Since I'm now the only one left running the mod, I'm needing more developers, of course. I'm the only spriter left and there are literally no coders in the roster.

(obvious Discord server reminder goes here)

We currently have a new spriter, though I'm not sure about the username. Will update this post and the first one once I get info. I may increase the content amounts of this mod if we can get support.

Currently accepting more spriters and coders! May also try to get compatibility with Warren's Archaea mod if the collab ever gets off the ground.

Updated first post.
@post is one of our new team members. He'll focus on coding for the mod, as we're just getting started.

Still accepting new coders and spriters for the team.
As for the new spriter, I'll trying to update you guys with the username if I can get it.

See you on our Discord server!

Two (or three?) new mod crew members, all spriters. We might need more but I'll guess we'll never know!

Gifs for two weapons. Nuff said...
(special thanks to the BuilderPlus mod for the statues used)

d73e14c6206fd6efd5091b0dc5503411.gif

The Bloodied Gae Bolg
29609caf09e415766c478128d72871ca.gif

Enma Blade

We're currently... in a pickle with current mod development. I had to resort to contacting the tModLoader devs to fix this dilemma.

This means the release date of the first public version might by delayed for a good while.

Currently looking for new spriters and coders to fill in the void, and please check out the Discord for more info on what to do in the mod team.

I had to voluntarily reset the mod positions due to previous conflicts as seen in the Discord.

If anyone is willing to work for this mod: sprites, code, music, art, etc. please contact me via messaging or via Discord. I have been struggling to keep this mod and my life afloat, and need to make sure what happened in the Vitiosus Mod discord won't happen again.

Removed the Discord server due to toxicity, and am therefore taking a break from Terraria modding. I'm just overwhelmed by it in general and decided it was time to take drastic action.

I can't tell if I'll make a new one.
So, I have updated the first post.

This mod might still be in limbo, but I have ideas for new potions to buff certain weapon types.

BTW we're still hiring spriters and coders if one is willing to join.

oof First response crossed the line
Worst offender was the mod name suggestion. I might have LGBT qualities, but that's just too much.

Struggling with this mod.
Seems like everybody hates the W1K-like theme of the mod, even though it's practically only half of the mod. None of the bosses even scream "stolen IPs".

I'm going to get backlash for this am I? :dryadeek:

Back
Top Bottom