Items Void Stone = Void Bag + Encumbering Stone

I would like to see a combination of the encumbering stone and void bag. The new item would work exactly like a normal void bag, except items would fill the void bag first, and the player's inventory would only start to fill when the void bag was full.

An alternative functionality would be to only allow items to fall into the void bag and to not fill the inventory at all. But perhaps another recipe could create this item as well, giving the player 3 different bags to choose from.

I like the idea, a way to make items fill the void vault first. But in my opinion, instead of a crafted item, there should just be a toggle within the void vault that allows the player to choose which takes in items first - the inventory or void vault.

I like the idea, a way to make items fill the void vault first. But in my opinion, instead of a crafted item, there should just be a toggle within the void vault that allows the player to choose which takes in items first - the inventory or void vault.
I'm sure a toggle button could be added like the blockswap feature.

But I also would like to see tinkering recipes involving the encumbering stone.

Not sure when I'd want to use this. Cleaning up the Void Bag of random garbage is a lot more work than cleaning up your inventory, so I'd rather have the latter be filled first. If I don't want to pick up any items at all I'd just use the Encumbering Stone.

You can also replicate this in vanilla if you just fill all your empty slots with stacks of one item.

Not sure when I'd want to use this. Cleaning up the Void Bag of random garbage is a lot more work than cleaning up your inventory, so I'd rather have the latter be filled first. If I don't want to pick up any items at all I'd just use the Encumbering Stone.

You can also replicate this in vanilla if you just fill all your empty slots with stacks of one item.
I would find it most convenient when I have a bunch of construction blocks/paints/tools in my inventory and my plans involve clearing out the existing terrain. Having things go into your inventory produces clutter, and if your inventory is near full, then it often becomes the case that you have to toss something out in order to put the item you were holding back into your inventory. I think small modifications to existing game mechanics could significantly reduce the needed mircomanagement in such instances.

I tried to use an encumbering stone as a workaround, but while you're carrying it nothing goes into the void bag, either. Your suggested workaround isn't viable if one picks things up from the inventory to use instead of putting it in a hotbar slot; you run into the same irritation regardless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom