Volume 3 soundtrack needs to be added to gog edition of the game.

Soapstone

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I've asked this question before, I noticed that volume 1 and 2 of the terraria soundtrack is available as an extra on the gog.com version of the game.

I asked last year, when I saw volume 3 was finally out on Bandcamp and asked if that would eventually be added to the extras for the other 2 parts, and I was told it would eventually be added, but it's now several months later and it still isn't there.

I asked a few months ago, was told I can't ping any of the devs, I can't pm them, but my question is something that is definitely something only they can answer, so I should post in the forums, send an official help desk request, and tweet them on Twitter about it.

I did. And several months later I have had no response.

I've asked this question before, I noticed that volume 1 and 2 of the terraria soundtrack is available as an extra on the gog.com version of the game.

I asked last year, when I saw volume 3 was finally out on Bandcamp and asked if that would eventually be added to the extras for the other 2 parts, and I was told it would eventually be added, but it's now several months later and it still isn't there.

I asked a few months ago, was told I can't ping any of the devs, I can't pm them, but my question is something that is definitely something only they can answer, so I should post in the forums, send an official help desk request, and tweet them on Twitter about it.

I did. And several months later I have had no response.
Hi there @Soapstone, who told you it was going to be added? An official representative of Re-Logic? Or was it another player that thought it might be added?

It was someone on the discord that said it. I don't remember who, possibly a player, possibly a mod, but they said that one.of the devs had talked about adding the vol 3 soundtrack to the extras on gog, to go with vol 1 and 2 which comes with the purchase of the game.

If you look at the extras that are included with purchase, you will see the other 2 are available as a freebie.

Now that volume 3 is available, it seems odd not to add it in with the other 2.

Another thing that you need to do for the gog version of the game is to include the cloud saving, as it is available on steam. As well as achievements.

The gog galaxy game launcher works like steam and supports cloud saves as well as achievements.

You should probably look at allowing multiplayer for terraria through the gog galaxy game launcher as well, as the launcher also supports online play if the game is installed with the game manager. As of now the only way to do multiplayer on gog is through servers via ip.

I've noticed lots of game developers put games out on gog, before gog galaxy was available, and once it became available and could do the things that steam does, developers don't work that into the gog release of their game with a later update. They may keep the game up to date but they don't add in the features that can be supported by the game launcher.

Last edited:
It was someone on the discord that said it. I don't remember who, possibly a player, possibly a mod, but they said that one.of the devs had talked about adding the vol 3 soundtrack to the extras on gog, to go with vol 1 and 2 which comes with the purchase of the game.

If you look at the extras that are included with purchase, you will see the other 2 are available as a freebie.

Now that volume 3 is available, it seems odd not to add it in with the other 2.

Another thing that you need to do for the gog version of the game is to include the cloud saving, as it is available on steam. As well as achievements.

The gog galaxy game launcher works like steam and supports cloud saves as well as achievements.

You should probably look at allowing multiplayer for terraria through the gog galaxy game launcher as well, as the launcher also supports online play if the game is installed with the game manager. As of now the only way to do multiplayer on gog is through servers via ip.

I've noticed lots of game developers put games out on gog, before gog galaxy was available, and once it became available and could do the things that steam does, developers don't work that into the gog release of their game with a later update. They may keep the game up to date but they don't add in the features that can be supported by the game launcher.
Ah, I see. Unless it can be verified that it was said by an official representative of Re-Logic (someone who is currently on the development team), you can’t take it as fact. Players will say all the time “they think they heard this or that was going to happen”, but unless it can be backed up with an official source it’s meaningless.

GOG is a different animal than Steam, and it may a lot harder to add in support for cloud saving after the fact, not sure. Personally, I just make a quick backup of my player and world file, that way I’m never reliant on a cloud sync.

Back
Top Bottom