tModLoader W.I.P Beyond The Forgotten Ages Mod

Do you think this mod is good?

• Total voters
How do you get the stuff called Citrine and Tourmaline? I have no clue where to find it, please help
Citrine is found in Marble Biomes and Tourmaline is found in Granite Biomes, but due to a shenanigan they don't spawn, they are rarely dropped by the enemies in each of their respective biomes and they cause the Generating Forgotten Gemstones glitch. So its best to spawn them in for the moment until the new patch comes out (which comes out soon if everything goes well)

Citrine is found in Marble Biomes and Tourmaline is found in Granite Biomes, but due to a shenanigan they don't spawn, they are rarely dropped by the enemies in each of their respective biomes and they cause the Generating Forgotten Gemstones glitch. So its best to spawn them in for the moment until the new patch comes out (which comes out soon if everything goes well)

Okay thank you for the reply <3

Where do you find cryotine? I assume in underground ice biomes but I can't seem to find any. By extension, how do I get blizzard shards to make cryotine bars? This mod SEEMS really good, but there's practically no information on how to use it so I haven't been able to play with it much.

I may be missing something but where do I get the Valhalla yoyo?
We accidentally made Valhalla unobtainable in the current version, spawn it in using cheat sheet and we will have a fix for it next update

Where do you find cryotine? I assume in underground ice biomes but I can't seem to find any. By extension, how do I get blizzard shards to make cryotine bars? This mod SEEMS really good, but there's practically no information on how to use it so I haven't been able to play with it much.
Blizzard shards spawn during a blizzard (they just float in the air and are really easily obtained).
Cryotine ore can be spawned using a cryotine crystal (which is dropped from BoC/EoW) but the drop rate for the item is broken so you need to spawn it in or just get lucky with killing the bosses

Blizzard shards spawn during a blizzard (they just float in the air and are really easily obtained).
Cryotine ore can be spawned using a cryotine crystal (which is dropped from BoC/EoW) but the drop rate for the item is broken so you need to spawn it in or just get lucky with killing the bosses

Thanks for the quick reply

Hadron seems to be broken. the sprite rotation changes every time i use it, also the fire mechanics seems broken as well ): .

On another note, Will you do upgrades for magic end game items as well? perhaps a functioning blackhole? :)

Hadron seems to be broken. the sprite rotation changes every time i use it, also the fire mechanics seems broken as well ): .

On another note, Will you do upgrades for magic end game items as well? perhaps a functioning blackhole? :)

Hadron is fixed next update, don't know regarding the magic items, but we have a lot of unique content already planned

Next update is just around the corner, btw

Just want to say thank you so much for making this mod, This mod's quality rivals that of the extra content in the mod Weaponsout, and in my opinion is better than the big 3 content mods out there. I don't know why I have never heard of you guys before, since the only reason I came across this mod is through the mod browser. The sprite and the mechanics are all unique and refreshing and of high quality, NOT once did I go "why do I need this?" when I am trying out the weapons (unlike thorium). You guys deserve way more spotlight, maybe get Chippy to feature your mod (idk how publicity works)?

Praising aside, I do have have questions regarding some magical items: The voidbolt staff could have the charge beam function on mouse2, so people don't have to spam the mouse1 when using the weapon for the non-charging functionality. The fifth eye and the phantom heart wand have utility overlap since they functions similarly and occupies about the same tier. Staff of Hephaestus have some of the 'swords' spawning below the ground (respective of the player standing on a flat surface), which looks awkward since they just spawn and explodes immediately. the lightning sphere has some graphical issues and is rather inaccurate. Sorry If some of the problems are already mentioned in previous posts! Hope this helps.

edited*

Last edited:
Like 55 said, hadron is fixed but it's also reworked to look fancier and have better firing mechanic than right now.
https://i.imgur.com/dFrRPlE.gif

Expanding on the endgame magic arsenal is definitely something we're considering. And while a mage weapon that fires a blackhole is in the works it'll be quite a while before it's released as it's part of another set.

Just want to say thank you so much for making this mod, This mod's quality rivals that of the extra content in the mod Weaponsout, and in my opinion is better than the big 3 content mods out there....
-snip-​
....Sorry If some of the problems are already mentioned in previous posts! Hope this helps.

edited*
Thank you for your kind words. It really does mean the world to us :D. Especially being compared to a far superior mod like WeaponOut.
Though regarding publicity, we're not quite actively trying to advertise the mod before getting it at a more playable stage.

And thanks again for the constructive criticism. We'll definitely try to rework the weapons you mention.

Did anyone report or is it known that BTFA causing World gen to stuck on "Moulding Forgotten Gemstones" For Quite a while i mean its really slow when generating that part.

Best Regards

something that is not a problem but is highly annoying; I got the shiny orb and mystical code recently, and even though it is a great accessory I find it highly annoying to use due to the repeating sound effects. the "wooob, wooob" sound effects appears whenever an orb disappears, and lots of orbs spawn and disappear constantly. Maybe remove the sound effects entirely or only allow it to play whenever it hots an enemy?

I really like the mod. So far I'm on pre hardmode and I've managed to see a few bugs. And they are all connected to the boss Acheron.
1. Gelatine Ore with the latest update ceased to be generated in the world.
2. The BossChecklist does not display the Acheron summon item.
3. With Acheron, two Treasure Bags drop out.
4. Acheron does not have an expert item.

I really like the mod. So far I'm on pre hardmode and I've managed to see a few bugs. And they are all connected to the boss Acheron.
1. Gelatine Ore with the latest update ceased to be generated in the world.
2. The BossChecklist does not display the Acheron summon item.
3. With Acheron, two Treasure Bags drop out.
4. Acheron does not have an expert item.

All have already been fixed in the latest update, which is complete but has yet to be released

Acheron does have an expert item, it just didn't drop

Thank you for your praise and pointing these out though, if you come across anything else you're unsure with, please point it out here or on the discord!

These sprites are fantastic! in my opinion they rival even calamity's sprites! well done!
Also, in terms of content, how does it stack up to calamity balance-wise?
Thanks, dude. Glad you like our sprites.
And most of our stuff's been balanced independently of calamity and with vanilla in mind so I can't really tell as I haven't paired it with calamity yet. But if I were to hazard a guess, calamity would likely overshadow a lot of the stuff in terms of raw numbers. Though tbh there's only one real way to find out.

Back
Top Bottom