tModLoader W.I.P Beyond The Forgotten Ages Mod

Do you think this mod is good?

• Total voters
Been trying this mod for a little while by now, the only thing that really annoyed me is the dungeon wisps. That fast attack they do means they'll end up inside walls pretty much all the time given how tight the dungeon is, which means you're forced to run to the closest open room as soon as they spawn (which happens to be all the time) unless you want to bet on the split second you'll have to hit them, and then on top of that they also split into smaller versions that do the same thing. Can I suggest making their dash attacks a bit slower, making them unable to go through walls when dashing, or some other way to make them less irritating?

But other than that, I'm really liking what I see so far. Good job.

(edit) just noticed the new update, well I guess that's a way to go about solving my issue. The hearts are a bit difficult to deal with but they're somehow still less painful than the dungeon wisps, also that's some great spriting job.

Last edited:
0.4.1 Update Notes: - Reworked the Titan Rock, Acheron, Arterius and Ghastly Ent AIs. - Reworked Acheron and Arterius weapons, resprited Titan Rock weapons. - Essences renamed to wisps to avoid confusion with other mods - Wisps (enemies) were removed, giving place to new unique enemies for each wisp (item): . Nightly Owl . Desert Totem . Soaring Pecker and Infection Fly . Undead Heart (If you still need wisps for some strange reason, they can be spawned in with cheat sheet) - Ore spawners have been removed, ores will spawn after you kill their respective boss (on pre-existing worlds this may or may not work) - The three gems included with the mod, citrine, tourmaline and spinel are now found rarely in marble, granite and ash respectively, but can still by dropped by vanilla enemies - Cosmodium (a now unobtainable ore) has been fully removed from relevant recipes and replaced by appropriate materials - Rebalanced various items and updated their sprites - Boss Checklist progression positions have been fixed, along with the lack of a summon item for Acheron - Acheron and Arterius have recieved new soundtracks - Spiritflame has been moved to the Post-Golem Hallow, if you currently have spiritflame it will have the golem-tier damage rates, so you may want to save it for later - The Ghastly Ent now drops its loot in normal mode and has had changes regarding its loot table - An assortment of random items, ranging from a mount dropped by Acheron, an upgrade to gel as ammo and a very early game hook made with rope - Dragonfire Blades can now change mode via right clicking while in hand, although this can still be done with crafting - All enemies have banners, along with four decorative wisp ones crafted with their respective wisps

There's a new update on the browser, forgot to put the new changelog here

If you want to make sure you're notified on time, join the discord

Enjoy `:)

0.4.1 Update Notes:
- Reworked the Titan Rock, Acheron, Arterius and Ghastly Ent AIs.
- Reworked Acheron and Arterius weapons, resprited Titan Rock weapons.
- Essences renamed to wisps to avoid confusion with other mods
- Wisps (enemies) were removed, giving place to new unique enemies for each wisp (item):
. Nightly Owl
. Desert Totem
. Soaring Pecker and Infection Fly
. Undead Heart
(If you still need wisps for some strange reason, they can be spawned in with cheat sheet)
- Ore spawners have been removed, ores will spawn after you kill their respective boss (on pre-existing worlds this may or may not work)
- The three gems included with the mod, citrine, tourmaline and spinel are now found rarely in marble, granite and ash respectively, but can still by dropped by vanilla enemies
- Cosmodium (a now unobtainable ore) has been fully removed from relevant recipes and replaced by appropriate materials
- Rebalanced various items and updated their sprites
- Boss Checklist progression positions have been fixed, along with the lack of a summon item for Acheron
- Acheron and Arterius have recieved new soundtracks
- Spiritflame has been moved to the Post-Golem Hallow, if you currently have spiritflame it will have the golem-tier damage rates, so you may want to save it for later
- The Ghastly Ent now drops its loot in normal mode and has had changes regarding its loot table
- An assortment of random items, ranging from a mount dropped by Acheron, an upgrade to gel as ammo and a very early game hook made with rope
- Dragonfire Blades can now change mode via right clicking while in hand, although this can still be done with crafting
- All enemies have banners, along with four decorative wisp ones crafted with their respective wisps

because sweet baby formatting jesus five

Hello, i would like to report a bug with the Old one army.

This mod makes the Event not progress at all, like Wave 1 - 0%.
It only progresses if i'm very close to the goblins when i kill them, otherwise it don't do anything and i can sit in the crystal for a eternity with my minions killing everything and the progress bar still wont move.

I was testing for half a hour, disabling and enabling mods and testing the event again, and disabling this mod made the event work as intended with no problems.

Beyond The Forgotten Ages: BlossomBomber. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: BorealTreeMan. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: CharredEnt. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: LivingMortar. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: PineFlyer. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: RedwoodRam. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: RichMahoganyTreeMan. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: RottenEnt. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: TreeWitch. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: CosmowyvernHead. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: MysteriousAlienSpacecraft. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.

OH MY GOD THE OWL IS SOOO CUTE! congratulations, this is the first time I went into babytalk whilst playing a video game, the spriters are seriously talented!

Sooooo.... when will it be a pet :) ?

also the chicken pet (i was trying to find an item that spawns the owl) is a tile below the ground

OH MY GOD THE OWL IS SOOO CUTE! congratulations, this is the first time I went into babytalk whilst playing a video game, the spriters are seriously talented!

Sooooo.... when will it be a pet :) ?

also the chicken pet (i was trying to find an item that spawns the owl) is a tile below the ground

Chicken pet is fixed next patch, idk about the owl being a pet but we'll see
[doublepost=1529098235,1529098147][/doublepost]
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: BlossomBomber. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: BorealTreeMan. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: CharredEnt. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: LivingMortar. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: PineFlyer. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: RedwoodRam. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: RichMahoganyTreeMan. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: RottenEnt. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: TreeWitch. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: CosmowyvernHead. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: MysteriousAlienSpacecraft. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.

In case you didn't see my reply on discord, this is fixed next patch too

Sorry about that!

Chicken pet is fixed next patch, idk about the owl being a pet but we'll see
[doublepost=1529098235,1529098147][/doublepost]

In case you didn't see my reply on discord, this is fixed next patch too

Sorry about that!
Guess I had written that before I went to Discord, thanks :)

Just wandering is the long charge time on the beam staffs (I have encountered 2 of them) intentional? They have a huge mana drain even with end game gear and need to be charged for a long time before they fire, also they don't last that long.

Just wandering is the long charge time on the beam staffs (I have encountered 2 of them) intentional? They have a huge mana drain even with end game gear and need to be charged for a long time before they fire, also they don't last that long.

Lowered mana cost significantly for the next update

New update lol

Code:
0.4.2 Update Notes:
Fixed chicken pet sinking into blocks
Fixed titan rock dropping only 1 treasure bag even if there are multiple players present
Nightly essence recipes more persistent and iron replaced with copper
Vendure correctly inflicts poison
Undead heart nerfed and soaring enemies spawn buffed
Issues and crashes with BTFA banners resolved
Magnoliac's Acorns now create custom projectiles instead of plantera's seeds
Added Globule Potion, ranged and thrown attacks sometimes split into nightly globules
Added Fatfrog pet, dropped by rotten ents
Added Serrated Snowflake, earlygame upgrade to shurikens
Nerfed Rustic Grapple
Geloline moved from post ent to post mag, nerfed respectively
Ghastly Oil, upgrade to Geloline after ghastly ent, bought from the pyro
Swapped Cryotine recipes for summon and mage staffs
Added the woodpecker cane, summon weapon that drops from magnoliac
Timber Kunai sometimes creates a toxic seed on impact
Fixed a bug in which Magnoliac and Ghastly Ent respawned constantly during hardmode
Tinkered with gem spawns
New track for the forest's army
Given the trash man and pyromaniac more dialogue
Fire grenades now do damage to the player, the ones that the pyro npc uses as defense don't apply
Other misc fixes and polish, this version and onwards will have more in depth changelogs

hello. do you have a difficulty rating regarding this mod? look forward to a reply/perspective. thanks ^^

Attachments

• aXm2523xjU.jpg
    aXm2523xjU.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 203
If to you offers and wishes are accepted, then it would be very desirable to see prehardmode the Titan Rock version again. However the current Titan Rock version would also remain in a game and was already advanced hardmode version of the boss. If of course it is possible.
p.s. I hope translitas correctly and not rude has translated my first sentence.

I have encountered what feels like it may be a bug, but I'm not certain. After the most recent patch the Firestorm Bottle accessory now damages the player whenever you jump

I have encountered what feels like it may be a bug, but I'm not certain. After the most recent patch the Firestorm Bottle accessory now damages the player whenever you jump

Already fixed for the upcoming patch, Zoro (coder who used to do a lot but is virtually dead nowadays) has the mod browser token, so I'm waiting for him to update

If to you offers and wishes are accepted, then it would be very desirable to see prehardmode the Titan Rock version again. However the current Titan Rock version would also remain in a game and was already advanced hardmode version of the boss. If of course it is possible.
p.s. I hope translitas correctly and not rude has translated my first sentence.

We have multiple pre-hardmode bosses upcoming and we'd prefer to keep titan rock in hardmode to avoid crowding and keep his fight unique, sorry about that!

hello. do you have a difficulty rating regarding this mod? look forward to a reply/perspective. thanks ^^

It depends on how you define difficulty, I'd try out one of the boss fights and play around with the content and see if you like it, the mod isn't very big at the moment though, so for now I'd suggest using it to accompany a bigger mod

update lol

0.4.2.1 Update Notes:
Fixed accessories that explode into fire doing hostile damage
Tweaked some drop chances
A few resprites
Timber Kunai renamed to Leaf Plumed Knives and rebalanced a bit
Serrated Snowflakes now inflict frostburn sometimes
The trash man has more names
Given grappling hooks correct rarity
Fixed marrowbloom acting funny
Made fatfrog pet obtainable, very rarely fished in the jungle- to be moved again one more time to an upcoming boss
Bars are now placeable
Suspicious looking acorn, summons an acorn bomber mount which has short flight time and shoots explosive acorns underneath it, dropped by magnoliac
Probably other stuff I forgot

voidbolt staff does not fire "a spread" of shadow beams, rather it only fires one, despite what the tool tip says. Also. is it possible to move the charge beam effects onto mouse2/rightclick? it would make the weapon so much more usable.

Staff of Hephaestus still fires projectiles from underground and the projectiles gets destroyed immediately if the player is standing on the ground

Back
Top Bottom