tModLoader W.I.P Beyond The Forgotten Ages Mod

Do you think this mod is good?

• Total voters
Noticed below warnings in logs during world gen:
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: TreeMan. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: MysteriousAlienSpacecraft. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.

A word of Warning to anyone who tries downloading this mod, so far it seems to be messing up the old ones army event. making it so you have to kill the enemies when they are right next to you. i removed it and found the Old Ones Army event working perfectly fine.
Oh. So it's THIS mod causing that?
I was wondering what the heck was doing that, making them instantly despawn unless you're right beside them.
Yeah, a fix would be appreciated. While it DOES make the event exceptionally easy (which is great because it's a pain and a grind to do solo normally) it does also considerably slow it down.

This mod is dead sire
Was I not clear enough ?
Okay so... Why? I mean, you, one of the main coders, are still here, and I've seen most other staff members active across the forums and other sites.
So why in specific has this mod died? It was being worked on just last July, then radio silence.
Like, an explanation or something would be appreciated at least, since this mod had a load of potential and was growing to be really awesome.
Then it just suddenly stopped.

Okay so... Why? I mean, you, one of the main coders, are still here, and I've seen most other staff members active across the forums and other sites.
So why in specific has this mod died? It was being worked on just last July, then radio silence.
Like, an explanation or something would be appreciated at least, since this mod had a load of potential and was growing to be really awesome.
Then it just suddenly stopped.

Developers probably lost motivation.

I don't think people care that it's dead. They're going to play it, and want to see it go further.

I got 2 likes on my last message, is that not proof enough?
sorry to say but in Hamboy's Words, "Mods dead lmao." (his words not mine) the only way i see this continuing is if the Devs hand it off to a different group of people. as it stands it doesn't seem like its gonna be updating.

sorry to say but in Hamboy's Words, "Mods dead lmao." (his words not mine) the only way i see this continuing is if the Devs hand it off to a different group of people. as it stands it doesn't seem like its gonna be updating.
Hamboy can come over here and request a topic lock then, if he really means that.

I personally moved on to create another mod alongside other developers, you can find an invite to the said mod's discord on BtFA discord.

I personally moved on to create another mod alongside other developers, you can find an invite to the said mod's discord on BtFA discord.
I take it there's no forum page? Could you at least mention the name so I can keep an eye out for it on the mod browser whenever it shows up? I'd rather not go joining mod discords, at least not until I have some better way to organize a huge list of servers.

I take it there's no forum page? Could you at least mention the name so I can keep an eye out for it on the mod browser whenever it shows up? I'd rather not go joining mod discords, at least not until I have some better way to organize a huge list of servers.
Whirling Worlds, its a rogue mod at the moment so we will not create a TCF post till we release it, but I can assure you it's better than BtFA since everyone learnt from their past mistakes.

Kinda sad this mod is dead... I would have love at least a patch to fix the issue with the OoA event so I could at least play with the mod in it's current state...

Also, @East I see you mention another mod's Discord in the BtFA's Discord, but how do I even find BtFA's discord?

Whirling Worlds, its a rogue mod at the moment so we will not create a TCF post till we release it, but I can assure you it's better than BtFA since everyone learnt from their past mistakes.
Look at my signature, click to "My Mods" you can find the discord link there

The mod looks great but I have problem. in multi and single forest army doesn't work when using ancient log a text appears but nothing happens. Other boss,item and enemies works fine. What's the problem please help.

The mod looks great but I have problem. in multi and single forest army doesn't work when using ancient log a text appears but nothing happens. Other boss,item and enemies works fine. What's the problem please help.
Strange. It worked for me in this version. You'll probably need to give some more info if you want help. What tModLoader version you're running, what other mods, what biome you're in, etc.
Unfortunately don't expect any bugfixes if this is such; the mod is confirmed to be dead by the developers.

Strange. It worked for me in this version. You'll probably need to give some more info if you want help. What tModLoader version you're running, what other mods, what biome you're in, etc.
Unfortunately don't expect any bugfixes if this is such; the mod is confirmed to be dead by the developers.
In addition to whats written there, all assets will be used on the next mod so I insist you to stop playing BtFA and await for our new project

In addition to whats written there, all assets will be used on the next mod so I insist you to stop playing BtFA and await for our new project
Oh? I'm glad to know all the content made for this won't be getting binned. Although if you mean all the assets are coming back... please reconsider the Scream SFX. You know the one.
That said, it's not gonna stop people from playing this; that's just a testament to the quality here.

Back
Top Bottom