tModLoader W.I.P Beyond The Forgotten Ages Mod

Do you think this mod is good?

• Total voters
no metal spawns after defeating the brain. I suppose you looked into that already
We normally have spawners that are supposed to drop on the first kill for cryotine, but the spawner drop rates got mucked up and are now wack. We have also fixed this and will also be applied next update

also, the spirits movement pattern is all around the place, they teleport and have spasmatic moves. I suppose they don't get sync properly.

The spirits movement pattern is all around the place, they teleport and have spasmatic moves. I suppose they don't get sync properly.
That's mainly due to wisps not being smart being on a multiplayer server. we are getting rid of wisps in the next update so hopefully it will be better then

does this mod add any custom world gen? i just found it and it looks very promising, and i really want to try it but im already doing a playthrough thats almost to hardmode and dont want to start a new one yet.

does this mod add any custom world gen? i just found it and it looks very promising, and i really want to try it but im already doing a playthrough thats almost to hardmode and dont want to start a new one yet.
This mod uses Spawners instead of actual world gen for the ores so you can decide if you want them during a playthrough, though they are bugged in the fact that they rarely drop from the bosses they are supposed to drop from. So it’s best to spawn atleast one in when you kill the boss (King Slime, EoW/BoC and Mechanical bosses drop the spawners in the mod).

Amazing mod and some of the greatest sprites I've seen. Can't wait for it to update to current tmodloader

Keep up the amazing work!!!!

Hey Hamboy, I've been loving playing with the mod recently!!! Just have a couple of questions.

1. Will you be adding dinosaurs like I've seen sprited recently?? :D
2. How do you summon the Forest's Army? It seems the wiki says that ancient logs drop from 'Tree men', but I can't find tree men anywhere; and the crafting recipe says it requires ancient foliage, which I do not know how to obtain. (The wiki says it is dropped by Ghastly Ent, which is a HM boss, and Magnoliac is Pre-HM)
3. Nightly wisps spawn everywhere, and others such as dune wisps don't spawn, and the spawn rates are very high... Will this be fixed in future??

All bugs aside I am just having a blast with this mod -- it is beautifully sprited and fits in with the game perfectly

Last edited:
How do you summon the Forest's Army? It seems the wiki says that ancient logs drop from 'Tree men', but I can't find tree men anywhere; and the crafting recipe says it requires ancient foliage, which I do not know how to obtain. (The wiki says it is dropped by Ghastly Ent, which is a HM boss, and Magnoliac is Pre-HM)
The wiki and possibly your version of the mod are more than likely outdated. To craft the Ancient Log, you need the drops from the for different wisps, about five each if I remember correct, six (I might be wrong) devil's flames from the underworld, and some sludge, I forget the name, but the sludge needs gelatin bars. I hope that helps. (I know all of this from playing the mod, and that's why I think yours might be outdated.)

The wiki and possibly your version of the mod are more than likely outdated. To craft the Ancient Log, you need the drops from the for different wisps, about five each if I remember correct, six (I might be wrong) devil's flames from the underworld, and some sludge, I forget the name, but the sludge needs gelatin bars. I hope that helps. (I know all of this from playing the mod, and that's why I think yours might be outdated.)
Thankyou !!

A few questions:

Is the mod's discord dead or has it just moved somewhere else?

What makes this mod better than my favorite mod, calamity?

Do u know de wae? *dabs*
[doublepost=1523509099,1523508866][/doublepost]Seem to be having issues with the melee clubs this mod adds, along with the yoyo progression, both terribly coded!

cant find no slimy crystal any more ._. even after 250 king slimes not even one dropped. is it even possible to get the ore-generating items in this version ?

cant find no slimy crystal any more ._. even after 250 king slimes not even one dropped. is it even possible to get the ore-generating items in this version ?
It is possible to get them but for some reason they are super rare, though it is supposed to drop 100% on the first kill so the best thing to do is to spawn one in.

i remember it working just fine in previous mod version, but idk dit it drop from expert treasure bags or directly from king slime ?
good job on forest army btw, the invasion is very cool now!

As we have already discussed in the discord server, noone likes wisps, and the dev team has decided wisps are not a good fit for the mod and are being replaced by brand new mobs on the next update soon™.

Here is one of the upcoming replacements:
Desert_Totem.gif

Thanks to East for the AI, and Willsm and Insert for the spritework.

maybe add the ages to the first page of the thread
[doublepost=1526586976,1526586908][/doublepost]i like the wisps maybe keep them like slimes
iXYmfc6.png

As we have already discussed in the discord server, noone likes wisps, and the dev team has decided wisps are not a good fit for the mod and are being replaced by brand new mobs on the next update soon™.

Here is one of the upcoming replacements:
Desert_Totem.gif

Thanks to East for the AI, and Willsm and Insert for the spritework.
Wasn't a big fan of wisps myself (far too generic imo) -- this looks like a fantastic improvement.

More enemies that react to the player in unpredictable/unique ways is always a welcome addition. :)

maybe add the ages to the first page of the thread
[doublepost=1526586976,1526586908][/doublepost]i like the wisps maybe keep them like slimes
iXYmfc6.png
We can find a way to keep them in the mod, but as enemies their AI's was disastrous and all of the devs agreed that they should go. As for the eras: we dont have substantial development on them yet, we will elaborate on them in the main post in the future.

Back
Top Bottom