tModLoader W.I.P Beyond The Forgotten Ages Mod

Do you think this mod is good?

• Total voters
why am i still in the credits for music?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    140.3 KB · Views: 220
Multiplayer/Expert/Corruption/Large/BTFA + WeaponOut:
Acheron drops a couple Lesser Healing Potions when he dies and nothing else
Ghastly Ent despawns shortly after spawning his green swirly attack

Hi! A little question... Where I get the spinel, citrine and tourmaline? And the Atlantean? The mod is great and I love it!

The Forest's Army event seems to be bugged in our multiplayer world. We used the Ancient log to start the event, but nothing happened. We have multiple other mods on the server, but there's been no problems up until now. Do you have any idea what's wrong?

Hi! A little question... Where I get the spinel, citrine and tourmaline? And the Atlantean? The mod is great and I love it!

From what I remember spinels drop from underworld enemies, citrine drops from marble biome stuff, tourmaline drops from granite stuff, and the Atlatean is a dungeon drop from something (maybe anything).

Why am I getting this Error ??
Its in the Logs.txt File
Game keeps crashing when one of your part of the mod is shown on screen, or when it has to do with anything tasks with your mod.
Also when looking through the recipe browser & one of your items gets shown on recipe browser, it also crashes.
game keeps crashing. pls fix.

Code:
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: TreeMan. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
Beyond The Forgotten Ages: MysteriousAlienSpacecraft. You have set ModNPC.banner or ModNPC.bannerItem, but not the other. Make sure you set both, check your spelling, and that the item exists if you are using mod.ItemType(). Report this to the Beyond The Forgotten Ages developers.
[Miscellania][2018-10-21 08:53:13] Added CatchFish hook

Last edited:
Hi! Great mod, I'm really enjoying it so far! I do have some feedback, however.

1. Nightly Owls are rather annoying in their current state.
Tons of them spawn every night, and despite not being hostile, they follow you around, which just makes accidentally hitting them almost inevitable. Once hit, they turn into a very fast, very damaging enemy that suffers absolutely zero knockback. This is an incredibly big problem for the first few nights when you don't have armour or Hermes Boots, etc. They also tend to cluster around the walls of any house because of their annoying following habit. Also they drop both Nightly Wisps and Terrestrial Boomerangs far too commonly. I just beat Skeletron basically, and I've already gotten hundreds upon hundreds of Nightly Wisps without even trying. The boomerang is also exceptionally powerful considering how early you can get it if you abuse the terrible straight-line AI of the owls to get them stuck.

2. Soaring enemies seem too rare.
Not many players spend much time in the sky especially pre-hardmode, so the extremely low spawnrate that Soaring enemies have is problematic. It means that actually getting Soaring Wisps is not at all worth the time investment compared to other equivalent materials early-game.

3. Undead Hearts are bad. Not their sprite, that's great- but everything else, if I'm being honest.
They spawn in too-high numbers. I sometimes had 3 or 4 on my tail at once without any Water Candles in the area. They're fast, and always go directly toward you with absolutely no course adjustment error like Demon Eyes or Cursed Skulls. Also unlike Cursed Skulls, they don't give any real time to react before ramming you and potentially stunlocking you against a wall because of the dungeon's tight corridors. They have insanely high health given when you'll be encountering them, and take no knockback, making dealing with them in the cramped corridors even more difficult. They're less of a fun interesting enemy and more an annoyance that has made me groan since the first one I came across.

4. The Forest's Army is WAY OP considering when it's supposed to be done. Homing projectiles which are hard to see, a huge hoard of enemies with decent health which all move very fast compared to the other pre-hardmode event, the Goblin Army. The charred trees in particular are insane, making the entire arena bathed in fire, making you take constant damage any time you have to land because of the low Spectre Boots flight time, and then you get stunlocked momentarily and the homing projectiles have a chance to hit you, etc. I survived on average 10-15 seconds and had to respawn like 6 times before Magnoliac even spawned, and then it had two phases, unexpectedly. A tad overkill for the second event.

5. One minor incompatability- the Firestorm in a bottle seems to fix your jump height completely. When using, for example, the Crouch/Crawl/Roll Mod's crouching jump, I gain no extra height if I have the Firestorm in a Bottle equipped.
Note: According to the dev, the crouch jump increases jump speed like frog legs, instead of jump height like the balloons. If that can help to solve the issue that'd be nice.

6. Are the Trash Man and Pyromaniac really all that necessary? I feel like the Pyromaniac's wares could easily go into the Demolitionist's inventory, and the Trash Man is... a meme who sells mostly useless (literal) garbage. Mainly the Trash Man. Why. I need to make houses for all these NPCs. I have yet to check but if there's a config option to disable him that would be great. Terraria has enough immersion-breaking things, it doesn't need an explicitly obvious Danny DeVito playing an actual Danny DeVito character.

What does the firestorm in a bottle do
It enhances your first jump. Unlike other "* in a Bottle" accessories, it just increases the height and greatly increases horizontal speed of your singular normal jump. It also releases a firey blast on jump that knockbacks and deals minimal damage to enemies even through walls. Quite useful overall, though the price is hefty for when it would be useful.

Last edited:
Passing by just to deliver some feedback.
NOTE: I haven't tested the whole mod.

-Giant Sap Slime's animation is glitchy.
-Bjorn is missing his sprites (he's currently a pink rectangle).
-Titan Pebble doesn't play a sound when the teleports or attacks.
-Spiked Titan and Titan Bat doesn't play sounds.

Until the blood enemy that screams during the bloodmoon is changed or deleted I will not be using this mod again. Both my room mate and I removed this mod because of that enemy.

Until the blood enemy that screams during the bloodmoon is changed or deleted I will not be using this mod again. Both my room mate and I removed this mod because of that enemy.
...Is that from this mod? Huh. I legitimately thought those were from a different mod.
But yes, I concur that that one specific sound effect is extremely grating, as someone with sensitive ears. It makes later game bloodmoons a pain, especially since those enemies can track you through walls. Also the boss summoned with their drop makes the same noise... A lot.
Please consider changing it. I get what you were going for with it, but it's less "creepy/freaky" and more just... borderline painful.

...Is that from this mod? Huh. I legitimately thought those were from a different mod.
But yes, I concur that that one specific sound effect is extremely grating, as someone with sensitive ears. It makes later game bloodmoons a pain, especially since those enemies can track you through walls. Also the boss summoned with their drop makes the same noise... A lot.
Please consider changing it. I get what you were going for with it, but it's less "creepy/freaky" and more just... borderline painful.

Yeah. As soon as we disabled it, that mob no longer spawns. There is an annoying skull thing in the dungeon that is from this mod too.

Yeah. As soon as we disabled it, that mob no longer spawns. There is an annoying skull thing in the dungeon that is from this mod too.
Oh, yeah, the Undead Hearts. I... Believe I complained about them already in another post, but yeah, they're kinda too tanky, too fast, and too... Wallhack/anti-knockback for such an early game enemy, especially with how common they are. They don't do much damage but can easily stunlock you in a corner sooo they're not great.

Consider that all the dungeon enemies that can pass through walls don't go straight at the player.
We atleast need to be able to do knockback, sounds like a major flaw.

EDIT so no double post:
While I don't know much about it, I had to take a guess, this was originally one of those discord-only mods, wasn't it?

Last edited:
A word of Warning to anyone who tries downloading this mod, so far it seems to be messing up the old ones army event. making it so you have to kill the enemies when they are right next to you. i removed it and found the Old Ones Army event working perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom