tModLoader W.I.P Beyond The Forgotten Ages Mod

Do you think this mod is good?

• Total voters
Well I completely played this mod and well... It's good, really good, a bit unbalanced in places but alot higher than I expected.
I don't know why the author abandoned it rather than just renaming it, but it does make me look forward to this other mod you all are working on.

Well I completely played this mod and well... It's good, really good, a bit unbalanced in places but alot higher than I expected.
I don't know why the author abandoned it rather than just renaming it, but it does make me look forward to this other mod you all are working on.
A lot of poor planning and mismanagement leading to mediocre content and godawful balancing. And redoing the code was far more trouble than it was worth. The best course of action was to rebrand the mod and rebuild it from ground up. Which we are in the process of doing.

Good news is, things are going well and the new mod is planned to release soon-ish with a humble amount of content. Keep an eye out for it.
359063117906575361.png

Edit: But yes, for all intents and purposes btfa is dead. The mod will be removed from the browser and the thread will be locked when our new project releases.

A lot of poor planning and mismanagement leading to mediocre content and godawful balancing. And redoing the code was far more trouble than it was worth. The best course of action was to rebrand the mod and rebuild it from ground up. Which we are in the process of doing.

Good news is, things are going well and the new mod is planned to release soon-ish with a humble amount of content. Keep an eye out for it.
359063117906575361.png

Edit: But yes, for all intents and purposes btfa is dead. The mod will be removed from the browser and the thread will be locked when our new project releases.
you know, if @East would have just said all that it would have *really* helped calm people down a few months ago.
I'm going to archive the old mod because I do that, but I'm not going to share it publicly of course, btfa had a good run.

Does that new mod have a name? I remember hearing it but I want to know so I can keep an eye out for it.

EDIT:pS: I guess you could say, you want this mod to be "Forgotten Beyond the Ages" Lol.

Last edited:
I guess you could say, you want this mod to be "Forgotten Beyond the Ages" Lol.
Haha, that's a good one :p

I can see why east's curt response may come off the wrong way, but he means well. It gets the point across. Hopefully you guys don't mind lol.

The mod doesnt have a name yet, we're calling it "Whirling Worlds" atm as a placeholder since that was the name for east's test mod. We'll leave links to the new mod in this thread before it's locked, along with everything else you need to know about it.

Archiving's perfectly fine. Heck we'll probably add the latest version on the thread for convenience's sake. Though once the 1.3.6 update for the game and the subsequent tmodloader update drops, it'll probably become unusable.

Haha, that's a good one :p
Archiving's perfectly fine. Heck we'll probably add the latest version on the thread for convenience's sake. Though once the 1.3.6 update for the game and the subsequent tmodloader update drops, it'll probably become unusable.
Honestly, I'd say just leave it up on the browser with maybe a [Final Build] or [Dead] tag or something, with a link to WW in the description (once it's out of course)
That way people who want to keep using it can do so, until the point when tModloader/Terraria updates and it becomes outdated.

Honestly, I'd say just leave it up on the browser with maybe a [Final Build] or [Dead] tag or something, with a link to WW in the description (once it's out of course)
That way people who want to keep using it can do so, until the point when tModloader/Terraria updates and it becomes outdated.
Sure, we'll consider it.

Hi guys :D
I am having a problem with your mod. I tested this several times by disabling and re-enabling your mod 4 times just to make sure its happening.
When I eneable your mod, the illuminty Slimer appears everywhere and kills me instantly along with other mobs.
Here is a picture screenshot. --->> Imgur
Please read this forum post to get more details please.
--->> PC - When one problem gets fixed, another rises. (read for details) Hehehe :)

I dont know if this is actually directly from your guys, if its not im deeply sorry, just trying to find out what mod is causing this.
But its odd that when I take out your mod the Illuminaty Slimer no longer shows up, but now the Hallow Slimer shows up.
Its a bit baffling.

Last edited:
Hi guys :D
I am having a problem with your mod. I tested this several times by disabling and re-enabling your mod 4 times just to make sure its happening.
When I eneable your mod, the illuminty Slimer appears everywhere and kills me instantly along with other mobs.
Here is a picture screenshot. --->> Imgur
Please read this forum post to get more details please.
--->> PC - When one problem gets fixed, another rises. (read for details) Hehehe :)

I dont know if this is actually directly from your guys, if its not im deeply sorry, just trying to find out what mod is causing this.
But its odd that when I take out your mod the Illuminaty Slimer no longer shows up, but now the Hallow Slimer shows up.
Its a bit baffling.

This mod isn't worked on anymore, if you're encountering issues that you're sure are from it, I'd recommend removing the mod. Judging by your world's background and water color, it seems something is making your world act like you're in zoneHoly (the hallow biome) and I believe the illuminant slimer is from spirit mod. I don't know how to help beyond that, but if you're sure its this mod, just remove it.

Thank you :) and yes with a few friends on Discord, we finally figured out what it was, It was Spirit mod. :)
I will be expressing my concerns with them.
Sorry if this has caused anyone any problems over here. :)

Thank you :) and yes with a few friends on Discord, we finally figured out what it was, It was Spirit mod. :)
I will be expressing my concerns with them.
Sorry if this has caused anyone any problems over here. :)
Spirit Mod is (also) not being worked on anymore, I'm afraid, so kind of pointless to report bugs there.

The mod was dropped in favor of a new mod mostly due to how unhappy the mod team was with it. I can understand them to a degree, this mod had alot of unbalanced items that didn't fit well into the base game

Hey, would it be possible to get a direct download link for the .tmod file? For some reason my mod browser says it's offline and so is the webside from where you can download mods directly. I really want to play this mod .

Back
Top Bottom