tModLoader Vibrant Reverie (formerly W1K's Mod Redux)

another issue is that their seems to be lag issues when "Arborix" uses its vine attacks slowing down the frame rate. I'm also not a fan that the boss becomes "intangable" especially for melee classes cause this means if i'm close and i hit it its impossible to kill which makes this boss exclusively ranged only and this also goes for the water and fire variant as well.

soo apparently their is a damage check that if you do more damage then your expecting then it does this...this can be pretty problematic especially when a player is using mods that uses weapons with more damage then what is expected of vanilla.
The phoenixes went through many many revisions. The original design that was primarily thought out by HERO himself for the old Reborn mod involved them actually going through a much longer intangibility time on top of healing as well. Of course that came with its big share of complaint, rightfully so. I redesigned them to ditch the healing, speed up the intangibility to help pacing and gave them their special attack that temporarily disables their DPS-check mechanic for players to gamble with should they decide they want a faster fight.

At present day, I can see Arborix especially being a bit problematic. I have been designing and redesigning most of the current bosses to have an obvious chance for sword-melee players to close in. I will keep that in mind as I plan to revisit their AIs once again in the future. Aquatix is going to need a very similar treatment for sure. Ardorix I made sure to address already in a recent update by having the phoenix stand still for a few seconds before shooting its flamethrower but I'll see what else could be tweaked.

i dont know if you already are aware, or if im just...missing something but some things are a bit borked, rancid raffalia wont spawn, from what i can remember anyway, and Antlion king doesnt drop a treasure bag if hes meant to, if not then i just havent gotten any loot from him in expert mode.

Reactions: W1K
i dont know if you already are aware, or if im just...missing something but some things are a bit borked, rancid raffalia wont spawn, from what i can remember anyway, and Antlion king doesnt drop a treasure bag if hes meant to, if not then i just havent gotten any loot from him in expert mode.
Just pushed a hotfix to rectify the Antlion King bag issue. Rafflesia's spawn issue was fixed a few weeks ago. I just don't generally get a lot of feedback so rather obvious bugs like these sometimes go very unnoticed.

Just pushed a hotfix to rectify the Antlion King bag issue. Rafflesia's spawn issue was fixed a few weeks ago. I just don't generally get a lot of feedback so rather obvious bugs like these sometimes go very unnoticed.
awesome! was not expecting such a quick reply, thank you! ive loved this mod ever since its original version in terraria 1.1/1.2 and am happy to see it still worked on!

Vibrant Reverie 1.2.2 is out!
Introducing a new hardmode dungeon enemy, the Warrior Phantoms, along with a new risk/reward weapon set. Refflesia should now be generally harder and a more interesting boss. Speaking of Rafflesia, its weapon set now includes (our first) summoning weapon! Power Ups were refluffed into Vibrant Essence to go with the faerie/occult theme of the related creatures and a new vibrant essence mobility accessory was added, along with Supersonic Boots finally being back from the limbo that was the TAPI porting backlog! The slingshots (and a few more things) were rebalanced and the Sonic Broadsword is a lot cooler now. Enjoy and let me know of anything that breaks to pieces!

• Warrior Phantoms: New hardmode dungeon enemy. Has 20% chance of spawning (33% with the Suspicious Umbrella) in place of dungeon spirits. Drops extra Ectoplasm and Ancient Ectoplasm to craft a new risk/reward based weapon set.

• Enchanted Sunflower: New early-game accessory obtained by crafting sunflowers and vibrant essence (formerly known as power up icons) together. Grants increased acceleration at lower speeds without increasing max speed.
  • Putrid Staff: New summon weapon part of Rafflesia’s weapon set. Summons putrid flies to fight for the player.
  • Supersonic Boots: Finally restored from the original mod, rebalanced and with a new recipe. Crafted from Rocket Boots, Enchanted Sunflower, Souls of Flight and Souls of Fright. They grant rocket flight, a massive movement speed scaling with movement speed bonuses and water-walking at high enough speed. Thanks to the Story of Red Cloud Revamp team where I shamelessly stole the ported codes from.
  • Raijin: New Ancient Ectoplasm melee sword. Shoots ranged slashes and has a dash/dodge alt-fire.
  • Brusher: New Ancient Ectoplasm ranged gun. Shoots homing spirits every third shot and can dodge to create an explosive decoy on alt-fire.
  • Spirit Shield: New Ancient Ectoplasm magic weapon. Generates protective rings which can be thrown. Only consumes mana on hit. Alt-fire to teleport forward a short distance.

• All slingshots charge mechanics have been reworked to be tied to use time (this means speed prefixes increase charging speed). All slingshots should generally charge much faster.
  • All slingshots have been made autoreuse. This greatly facilitates initiating the next charge after each shot.
  • Wooden Slingshot’s damage increased from 7 to 9. Use time slowed down from 20 to 26
  • Silver Slingshot’s damage increased from 12 to 14. Use time slowed down from 20 to 23.
  • Tungsten Slingshot’s damage increased from 13 to 15. Use time slowed down from 20 to 22.
  • Slimeshot’s damage increased from 15 to 18.
  • Barbedshot’s damage increased from 18 to 22. Spore Pebbles now create Spore Clouds quicker but last a bit shorter. Now properly creates Spore Clouds when time is frozen.
  • Seiche’s damage increased from 20 to 25.
  • Fan of Flames projectile damage increased from 50% of weapon damage to 75%
  • Youkai Repellent Charm has had its damage increased from 10 to 12 and use time slowed down from 15 to 16. The acceleration of alt fire’s projectile has been doubled.
  • Dust Devil’s use time was sped up to 24 (it was 26 but visually showed as 24). Alt fire’s attack damage increased from 33% weapon damage to 50% and piercing reduced from 3 to 2 (high firerate still causes it to hit 3 enemies).
  • Sonic Broadsword reworked into a chargeable sword. Charges slightly faster than The Mandible, deals triple damage on full charge and shoots sonic waves on full charge. Damage reduced from 20 to 19 and sonic waves travel faster. Sonic waves now deal 125% weapon damage instead of 150%. Trust me weapon’s much stronger now.
  • Power Beam’s rockets now shoot on right click, rather than having to hold right click before shooting. Also added a tooltip referring to the Power Suit’s set bonus.
  • Elemental Piercer is now autoreuse to facilitate initiating the next charge after each shot.
  • Dungeon Master Guide (used to spawn the Dungeon Master) now requires one ancient ectoplasm in place of vampire blood. Also, two are received for each craft instead of one.
  • Holo armor’s clones distance from the player has been halved, now circle the player starting at 45° and shoot substantially less loudly. Also I fixed the items rarity because I always forget those.

• Power Up icons have been resprited and renamed into Vibrant Essence.
  • All slingshots received minor visual tweaks.
  • Added additional tooltip to stone pebbles to point out their ability to change shape based on the used slingshot (for example, stone pebbles automatically turning into barbed pebbles when shot with Barbedshot).
  • Sonic Broadsword and its projectile look, sound and feel cooler.
  • Phoenix Armor had its sprites and visuals remade.
  • Bloodseeker’s less loud now.
  • Magi Musket’s less loud now.
  • Graviton Controller’s sprite, shooting sound and the explosive darts explosion sounds have been changed.

• Rumia renamed to “Dark Child”.
  • Sluggers, Fairies and Ice Fairies now can only charge their shots while touching the ground like vanilla fighter AIs. They should also no longer bury themselves on slopes while charging because yes.
  • Sluggers had their range reduced from 500 to 400.
  • Fairies and Ice Fairies had their range reduced from 600 to 400.
  • Rafflesia now becomes faster below 60% and 30% HP. In expert mode, when below 30% HP it now attacks twice before teleporting. Many new sounds were also added to both Rafflesia and Putrid Flies to give some life to the boss fight.
  • Rafflesia and Arborix now enrage on the surface jungle. This is technically a bug fix as they were never intended to be fought on the surface.
  • Slightly altered the color of Rafflesia and Arborix’s vines to make them more visible in the jungle. This change is aimed at Rafflesia specifically.
  • This is not a mechanical change but the Dungeon Master’s now got some royalty free bangers.

• Fixed Dungeon Gel not properly dropping from Dungeon Slimes. This made it impossible to craft Seiche and Flowing Pebbles.
  • Potentially fixed Graviton Controller occasionally disappearing and immediately reappearing.

• Lowered Antlion King’s tier on the Boss Checklist from after to before Eye of Cthulhu.

Now a few of you might be asking where the hydra is. Truth is they were never meant for this update and are still a WIP. However, next update will see the new hydra boss introduced, along with a second new boss to replace Rathalos or Ridley. Stay tuned!

Quick update for Vibrant Reverie 1.2.2.1 wrapping some small things up

- Putrid Flies summoned from the Putrid Staff now apply Poisoned on hit. This was unintentionally left out.
- Warrior Phantoms now drop Vibrant Essence as originally intended.
- Vampire Phantoms now spawn slightly more commonly when the Suspiscious Umbrella is in the player’s inventory, but spawn much less commonly otherwise. They also drop Vibrant Essence as well for consistency.
- Vibrant Essence and Ectoplasmic Skulls now glow in the dark.

I also updated the age of the banner on the first post because that's clearly important.

Oooo whos the big and handsome beast i see? <3....looks like another few heads to add to my collection.

Back
Top Bottom